KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » ]Nate Grey VS Phoenix[

]Nate Grey VS Phoenix[
Started by: HarmoNiC FLo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

]Nate Grey VS Phoenix[

Have at it

Both at full potential

Both have good artists because we all care about the graphics wink

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:06 AM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

This is an awful thread. Whatever posessed you?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 04:00 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Nate Grey too powerful roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 04:04 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Richrf

Most powerful mutant takes it.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 04:07 AM
Richrf is currently offline Click here to Send Richrf a Private Message Find more posts by Richrf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

if its dark pheonix at full potential than nate has a helluva fight on his hands, but he will eventually win.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 04:13 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nathan summers
the man called cable

Phoenix has infinite experience and untold knowledge allowing the entity to easily wield the power it produces. Nathan Grey wouldn't stand a chance, full potential or no, since in essence he's still virtually human and has a limited scope on his abilities. Experience and not power is the key. Phoenix has both.

Last edited by nathan summers on Aug 10th, 2005 at 05:18 AM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 05:15 AM
nathan summers is currently offline Click here to Send nathan summers a Private Message Find more posts by nathan summers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

THAT IS THE PHEONIX "FORCE" UR TALKIN ABOUT, dark pheonix{aka. jean as the avatar of the force} does not have the same power level as the pheonix force and as such is not that powerful,

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 05:24 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nathan summers
the man called cable

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 05:33 AM
nathan summers is currently offline Click here to Send nathan summers a Private Message Find more posts by nathan summers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonheartmm
THAT IS THE PHEONIX "FORCE" UR TALKIN ABOUT, dark pheonix{aka. jean as the avatar of the force} does not have the same power level as the pheonix force and as such is not that powerful,
What the f**k? Uh, but still MORE than enough power to fry Nate, with ease.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 05:33 AM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

not really, no, nate has the potential to surpass dark pheonix in power level and even inexpirienced, his telekenisi rivalled that of dark pheonix.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 05:42 AM
manorastroman

tard.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 06:50 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

not really, no, nate has the potential to surpass dark pheonix in power level and even inexpirienced, his telekenisi rivalled that of dark pheonix.
So I suppose Nate can also pwn Galactus too, right?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 08:46 AM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Leon, me and you have had this conversation on two prior occassions, i have corrected you on both, but being the fanboy you are you refuse to let the truth penetrate that skull of yours.

Nate Grey never in his wildest dreams has (or should i say had because your character is now defunct) the power to take on Phoenix. You know what Phoenix is, you have been around to see all of the debates i have participated in, so whats your excuse? The fact that your still saying this 4 months later just highlights this as a case of fanboyism to the extremes.

As for Nate rivalling Dark Phoenix in terms of telekinesis that quote came from Moira around 98 i believe during the phoenix retcon period which started off in 1986 and ended in 2002.

Before 86 and as per current continuity Phoenix is the union between Jean and the primal force of creation. It is referred to as the ultimate mutation because it is the final stage of evolution a species can attain. At this point they become one with creation (the multiverse,all life) and surpass the abstracts and LT bringing about the end of all that is.

That is current continuity.

In 86 the phoenix got retconned in 86 into just another cosmic entity that posessed people. During the retcon Dark Phoenix was this powered down Phoenix in human form. Exhausted after the M'kraan crystal incident and with its power cut off by psychic circuit breakers this dark phoenix being an energy being trapped within the limits of a human body was a leech on life. The retcon made it out to be a weaker corrupted incarnation of "the phoenix force".

With that retcon abolished dark phoenix, phoenix and jean are one in the same. As i have previously mentioned, they are all just different facets of Jean, not a seperate cosmic entity, but an evolved state of Jean. There is no power beyond Phoenix hence it being referred to as the ultimate mutation and the ultimate potential ( Uncanny Xmen 135, Xmen Forever 1 - 6 , New Xmen 128, 150, 151 -154)

There is no potential beyond Phoenix im afraid. It is the force that makes, maintains and ends creation. Nate Grey is a powerful earthbound mutant. He more or less reached his full potential as Shaman Nate. God like Cable whose power levels were on par with Nates and he got messed up Silver Surfer with ease. Phoenix has humbled a variety of heralds with a gesture, had Galactus on his knees trying to bargain his way out of a fight, contained the multiversal destroying power of the M'kraan crystal, held the 616 universe/reality in her hand and telekinetically restructured it on a whim. That is power far beyond the scope of Nate Grey. Dont be silly son.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 11:11 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

I doubt Nate could go against whole universe. I get sick of even giving in the sentence Nate against whole universe.
Dark Phoenix wins with extreme ease.
I think that about ultimate mutation is one of the most disgusting story, idea ever written in any comic. It was 1000000000 times better about PF just possesing bodies. I really hope they give something else again and get rid of this ultimate mutation.

Last edited by Xplosive on Aug 10th, 2005 at 11:57 AM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 11:54 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Xplosive
I doubt Nate could go against whole universe. I get sick of even giving in the sentence Nate against whole universe.
Dark Phoenix wins with extreme ease.
I think that about ultimate mutation is one of the most disgusting story, idea ever written in any comic. It was 1000000000 times better about PF just possesing bodies. I really hope they give something else again and get rid of this ultimate mutation.

Youre saying its disgusting because you have no knowledge whatsoever about the principles behind it XP. You're showing your age and ignorance, google the subject and keep well informed prior to firing your mouth off on subjects you are ignorant on.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 12:02 PM
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
This is an awful thread. Whatever posessed you?

Thought came to mind of you when i saw you blab on and on about phoenix. though i wasn't rude enough to say it.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 07:25 AM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

I think phoenix was a stupid character to begin with. shes just one of those 'female reader number' booster strategies of marvel. i say this not only cuz of annoying phoenix fangirls but cuz i really feel so.

so an entity that represents all life not born yet? thats about as desperate as it gets. easy to imagine too...couple of marvel guys sitting at a starbucks "hmm so we have the eternals, a mysterious guy above "all"?, a badass obsessed with chick, a guy with a giant head thats been to the "previous universe"...all we need is a being that is all beings but not born..yet". i mean cmon shes given wayy too much credit [check out anything x-men related from the upcoming movie to the fox kids show to all the comics]. shes over-rated like crazy prolly based solely on the power+chick principle.

But enough about what i think about phoenix. I think Nate Grey is obviously under-rated, but more importantly i believe that taking the same steps forward in the original idea of the guys that created X-Man in the beginning - would nate have not have died - resulted in a totally different character than what is known today.

for example - while phoenix was being written she could have been killed off...but writers are always advancing characters who have an original purpose [e.g. magneto who is known incredibly powerful]. If nate grey was to accumulate time, his story would have greatly been changed.

Potentially Nate is Marvels most full frontal attempt to create the most powerful mutant.

Look at the things he did in his short life and tell me what character does so much with so LITTLE control over his potential power.

Given that phoenix is written as usually a stupid bird that can throw everyone around, but nate greys potential is hidden as if a magneto killed off in the 1960's, where would discussions be if that happened?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 07:49 AM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by HarmoNiC FLo
Thought came to mind of you when i saw you blab on and on about phoenix. though i wasn't rude enough to say it.

Says the boy on an obsessive mission to hype up a long defunct character none gives a sh*t about anymore?

Noone wants to go and look at your website, none shares your passion for this second rate cable so just let it go.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 09:49 AM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by HarmoNiC FLo
I think phoenix was a stupid character to begin with. shes just one of those 'female reader number' booster strategies of marvel. i say this not only cuz of annoying phoenix fangirls but cuz i really feel so.

so an entity that represents all life not born yet? thats about as desperate as it gets. easy to imagine too...couple of marvel guys sitting at a starbucks "hmm so we have the eternals, a mysterious guy above "all"?, a badass obsessed with chick, a guy with a giant head thats been to the "previous universe"...all we need is a being that is all beings but not born..yet". i mean cmon shes given wayy too much credit [check out anything x-men related from the upcoming movie to the fox kids show to all the comics]. shes over-rated like crazy prolly based solely on the power+chick principle.

But enough about what i think about phoenix. I think Nate Grey is obviously under-rated, but more importantly i believe that taking the same steps forward in the original idea of the guys that created X-Man in the beginning - would nate have not have died - resulted in a totally different character than what is known today.

for example - while phoenix was being written she could have been killed off...but writers are always advancing characters who have an original purpose [e.g. magneto who is known incredibly powerful]. If nate grey was to accumulate time, his story would have greatly been changed.

Potentially Nate is Marvels most full frontal attempt to create the most powerful mutant.

Look at the things he did in his short life and tell me what character does so much with so LITTLE control over his potential power.

Given that phoenix is written as usually a stupid bird that can throw everyone around, but nate greys potential is hidden as if a magneto killed off in the 1960's, where would discussions be if that happened?

This is the most appalling piece of fanboy waffle ive ever read. Let it go mate, Nates dead, Cable the original and best is back in the spotlight. Everything is as it should be. You'll get over it. smile

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 09:55 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

now now chldren, play nice

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 10:04 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote