KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wolverine vs. Slaine

Wolverine vs. Slaine
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Wolverine vs. Slaine

Slaine is like a celtic Conan, with an even better beserker rage that has mystic properties. He packs special weapons like his axe, Brainbiter, and the Moonsword, which opens cuts that won't close up.
I don't think Wolvie prevails here. Opinions?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 08:15 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

wolverine. cuts that don't clsoe up for some one who does not have a healing factor wolverine healing factor would over come it. beside wolverine fast and stronger and is also a better fight by a lot

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 12:20 AM
wolverine8888 is currently offline Click here to Send wolverine8888 a Private Message Find more posts by wolverine8888 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wolverine8888
wolverine. cuts that don't clsoe up for some one who does not have a healing factor wolverine healing factor would over come it. beside wolverine fast and stronger and is also a better fight by a lot

Wolvie can't combat magic. The moonsword doesn't actually cut as it touches; the victim's body opens up to receive it! And once it's open, it stays open.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 02:03 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Haha, that's a badass sword. I'd say it definitely SHOULD negate the healing factor, you just don't mess with magick. And assuming he's as good as Conan combat-wise, Slaine shouldn't have too many problems with Logan. (at the very least, Wolverine's healing will be reduved to something like human healing... which isn't fast at all. He won't be expecting a sword to do much to him, one shot to a vital are kills him)

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 02:09 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

He gets the Excalibur? That makes this fight very uninteresting, Macroth all the way. And then Ukko pees on Logan's body.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 09:42 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by MERCILOUS
He gets the Excalibur? That makes this fight very uninteresting, Macroth all the way. And then Ukko pees on Logan's body.

laughing
I could see Ukko castrating Logan too, and frying his parts over a bofire with some mead! laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 03:49 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by MERCILOUS

Ukko the highest god of Finnish ancient religion? eek!

"Ukko" means "old guy" in Finnish.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 03:57 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

No - a slimy little dwarf drunkard who would eventually write Slaine's lifestory.
I just realized, on a search that brought me to a page on God pantheons, that Finland has it's own set of mythic beings. Didn't know that - thought you shared in the Norse Legends like your neighbours.
Also realized your avatar is by Kevin Maguire, from the current Defenders miniseries. His work is very cool, with the distinct facial expressions - I met him once at a comic store, talked about his background as an actor helping him with faces. Reuniting with his 80's and 90's Justice Leugue partners K. Giffen and J.M. DeMatties will be a hoot. Their old work was amazingly entertaining.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 04:10 PM