KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Can Spike Spiegel beat anybody at all n marvel?

Can Spike Spiegel beat anybody at all n marvel?
Started by: Thor Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Thor Man

Can Spike Spiegel beat anybody at all n marvel?

Name: Spike Spiegel
Alias:
Race: Human
Hair: Green
Eyes: Brown
Height: 6'1" 185 cm
Blood: Type O

I copyed this straight from Absolute Anime.com:

Three years ago, Spike decided to abandon his past and strike out on a life of his own, so he left the Red Dragons (a Chinese Mafia group) and teamed up with Jet Black to roam the solar system in search of bounty and adventure. A lean, laid-back individual, Spike is nonetheless competent in his abilities. His idol is 20th-century martial artist and philospher Bruce Lee, and he is constantly practicing his own Jeet Kune Do skills. He has yet to lose a fair or dirty fight
hand-to-hand. Combine this with excellent precision with a handgun/shotgun, and he is definitely not a man to mess with.

Though he doesn't really own it, Spike calls the Bebop home. Home life for Spike, though, is relatively tame. If he isn't practicing his martial arts, he's watching the TV. TV is the Space Cowboy's best friend because of Big Shot, a "Solar System's Most Wanted" for bounty hunters.

Spike also has a personal craft: his transit from home ship to planet. His "baby" is named Sword Fish II. Spike's personal ship was originally a Sword Fish asteroid racer (a notorius racing circuit in its day) but has since been customized to make it one of the fastest personal ships in existence. It is very maneuverable yet capable of incredible speeds, and it is able to fly both in air and in space.

Who can Spike Beat in Marvel?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 04:09 PM
Thor Man is currently offline Click here to Send Thor Man a Private Message Find more posts by Thor Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

Spike would probably take out any plain human. I'd give him odds against the punisher, at least.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 04:12 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Punisher. And probably the Shocker. And I'm sure there are a few more.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 04:13 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Rage
I AM MADE OF RAGE

aunt may...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 04:16 PM
Ultimate Rage is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Rage a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Rage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Mabye electro .......

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 04:21 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

spike pwnz. and i don't use pwnz lightly. in fact, this might be the first time i've ever used pwnz unironically. which makes it ironic?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 04:35 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thor Man

Here's who i think Spike would beat in Marvel, feel free to disagree/debate/w/e:

Punisher
Nick Fury
Gambit
Daredevil (Only chances are his hidden knife at close range/Hand to hand combat)
Venom (In his Swordfish)
Shocker
Elektra
Bishop
Captain America (Maybe)
Spiderman
Bullseye
Kingpin
Mysterio
Beast

Last edited by Thor Man on Nov 20th, 2005 at 04:47 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 04:42 PM
Thor Man is currently offline Click here to Send Thor Man a Private Message Find more posts by Thor Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

long as they are written NORMALLY, ie: really showing HUMAN traits as stated instead of fallaccious obvious superhumans, spike has a good chance of takin em out, hes never been beaten to my knowledge by any 1 other than edward's father and by vincent volaju and he beat vincent later when they refought.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 04:51 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

spike is tricky because, so far as i know, the only people in the universe who can beat him at hand to hand combat are ed's dad and victor from the movie. and victor was a stalemate too.

by those standards he should beat any human character without powers, especially when considering his gunplay.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 04:53 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Spidey would beat the tar out of spike i'm sorry to say.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 04:58 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thor Man

Spike fought & killed two Superhumans in Cowboy Bebop but it wasn't easy. The Immortal sharpshooter kid Wen & The Perfect killing machine Mad
Pierrot who had ulimited flight/energy shield which deflects bullets/rockets/etc and Spike couldn't get anywhere near him in H2H. Mad Pierrot was faster than Batman in H2H. Spike still beat him by a surprise.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 05:02 PM
leonheartmm

yea, SPIDEY would do that, but im not sure if most humans could.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 05:21 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Thor Man
Here's who i think Spike would beat in Marvel, feel free to disagree/debate/w/e:

Punisher
Nick Fury
Gambit
Daredevil (Only chances are his hidden knife at close range/Hand to hand combat)
Venom (In his Swordfish)
Shocker
Elektra
Bishop
Captain America (Maybe)
Spiderman
Bullseye
Kingpin
Mysterio
Beast

Spike could beat all of these guys except for Gambit, Spiderman, and possibly Captain America. Even in the swordfish, Venom might still take him.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 05:35 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Spike vs Punisher would be a wicked fight, but Spike would only be able to win 3-4 out of 10. Astablished Marvel streets are for the most part out of Spike's league.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 05:40 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

PUnisher hands Spike his ass...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:39 PM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

Depends. I'd say Punisher's a better marksman, but he doesn't have Spike's martial arts skill. If the fight gets close, Frank's going down.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 07:22 PM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thor Man

In a gunfight, Frank would win. Punisher is the better marksman.

In Hand to hand/Martial arts, Spike would kick punisher's ass all over the place. Punisher might get a hit on him, maybe. I don't see Punisher winning this scenario.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 07:22 PM
Thor Man

I'd say Spike would win 6/10

Last edited by Thor Man on Nov 20th, 2005 at 07:38 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 07:35 PM
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

In a fight yeah pun would most likely lose, but in a war frank would win...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 09:52 PM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

why people sleeping on spike? he has as much experience as frank, if not more.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 03:00 AM