KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » magneto vs apocalypse

magneto vs apocalypse
Started by: juggy#1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggy#1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Angry magneto vs apocalypse

even though apocalypse is metal. u think magneto can destroy him by himself ?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 07:54 PM
juggy#1 is currently offline Click here to Send juggy#1 a Private Message Find more posts by juggy#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

i think apoc would win in 616 universe almost all the time. magneto might pull a win 1 in 100.

i also think apoc would win in most universes also. every now and then apoc is shown weak in an alternate reality.

even the x-men legends game says that magneto feels that "apocolypse is too powerful for either team (brotherhood and x-men) to fight alone..."

i'm pretty sure that this means nothing, but i'm also pretty sure that most of marvel also agrees that apoc is leaps and bounds more powerful...

now we will hear "what has apoc done in 5k years, hes weak". i'm sure thats what they think. they probably have picked up nearly no apoc appearances. he usually tries to win without actually getting involved. when hes shown to actually force his hand hes quite menacing...

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 08:44 PM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

For the most part i think apoc is horribly overrated. People think he is on the level of onslaught or people like that, which is ludacris

however, i dont think magneto alone could stand up to apoc for too long, given a real fight

didn't mags just rip apoc apart in AoA however? if thats canon, the winner is obvious

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 11:19 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by inamilist
For the most part i think apoc is horribly overrated. People think he is on the level of onslaught or people like that, which is ludacris

however, i dont think magneto alone could stand up to apoc for too long, given a real fight

didn't mags just rip apoc apart in AoA however? if thats canon, the winner is obvious

Nate was giving Apoc a serious ass kicking before, Magneto and Holo. interfered.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 11:40 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggy#1
Restricted

Account Restricted

magneto can lift over a 100 tons with his magnetic powers. but there is a chance he could kill him. but less then 50 % im sure

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 11:46 PM
juggy#1 is currently offline Click here to Send juggy#1 a Private Message Find more posts by juggy#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
soujaboy09
Restricted

Account Restricted

Magneto can actually lift up to 30,000 tons, and Apocalypse is I think the greatest foe the X Men have ever faced yes greater than Onslaught.

Apocalypse was one of the most physically powerful beings on Earth. Thanks to the Celestial technology's modifications to his body, he could alter the molecular structure of his body at will in order to change his form. Using this he could alter his appearance or the size of his body; transform his arms and fists into various melee weapons and grant himself superhuman strength. He also can generate energy, thanks to a combination of his mutant power and the Celestial technology in his body. He can use this energy to levitate himself and others, create force fields, and project bursts of concussive force, and can augment himself further by drawing on various outside energy sources.

Apocalypse has demonstrated the ability to teleport himself and other beings, although this ability may be generated by outside technology rather than by Apocalypse himself.

Finally, he was unaging. Even before being modified by the Celestial ship, he lived for thousands of years and was highly resistant to injury. With the Celestial modifications, this resistance to harm was amplified, although it is still possible, albeit highly difficult, to cause him injury that would not be immediately regenerated by his power. Should he suffer massive injuries that prove potentially fatal, he can enter a coma-like state of suspended animation during which he may recover from his wounds with the assistance of his Celestial technology.

In the future timeline from which Cable hails, Apocalypse's physical form had grown too aged and enfeebled to contain his vast superhuman energies. Hence, he transferred his consciousness and powers into a succession of host bodies, abandoning each one when it too grew too old to contain his power. This alternate future version of Apocalypse was ultimately defeated in transit from a depreciated body into a potential host body. Shortly before he transferred himself into Cyclops, he revealed that he was in a host body in the present day - it is not entirely clear when this happened, but the most likely time is when he appeared to die on the moon.

Aside from his superhuman powers, Apocalypse was also an extraordinary genius with knowledge of science and technology centuries ahead of conventional science. This was not merely a result of his exposure to alien technology, as he was able to make significant new advances beyond the alien materials he was exposed to.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 11:58 PM
soujaboy09 is currently offline Click here to Send soujaboy09 a Private Message Find more posts by soujaboy09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggy#1
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol

Originally posted by soujaboy09
Magneto can actually lift up to 30,000 tons, and Apocalypse is I think the greatest foe the X Men have ever faced yes greater than Onslaught.

Apocalypse was one of the most physically powerful beings on Earth. Thanks to the Celestial technology's modifications to his body, he could alter the molecular structure of his body at will in order to change his form. Using this he could alter his appearance or the size of his body; transform his arms and fists into various melee weapons and grant himself superhuman strength. He also can generate energy, thanks to a combination of his mutant power and the Celestial technology in his body. He can use this energy to levitate himself and others, create force fields, and project bursts of concussive force, and can augment himself further by drawing on various outside energy sources.

Apocalypse has demonstrated the ability to teleport himself and other beings, although this ability may be generated by outside technology rather than by Apocalypse himself.

Finally, he was unaging. Even before being modified by the Celestial ship, he lived for thousands of years and was highly resistant to injury. With the Celestial modifications, this resistance to harm was amplified, although it is still possible, albeit highly difficult, to cause him injury that would not be immediately regenerated by his power. Should he suffer massive injuries that prove potentially fatal, he can enter a coma-like state of suspended animation during which he may recover from his wounds with the assistance of his Celestial technology.

In the future timeline from which Cable hails, Apocalypse's physical form had grown too aged and enfeebled to contain his vast superhuman energies. Hence, he transferred his consciousness and powers into a succession of host bodies, abandoning each one when it too grew too old to contain his power. This alternate future version of Apocalypse was ultimately defeated in transit from a depreciated body into a potential host body. Shortly before he transferred himself into Cyclops, he revealed that he was in a host body in the present day - it is not entirely clear when this happened, but the most likely time is when he appeared to die on the moon.

Aside from his superhuman powers, Apocalypse was also an extraordinary genius with knowledge of science and technology centuries ahead of conventional science. This was not merely a result of his exposure to alien technology, as he was able to make significant new advances beyond the alien materials he was exposed to.
lol all that crap happened in the cartoon series i remember. thats where u get your damn information from.but yes most of it is true

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 12:04 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

If we go by feats instead of the comic telling us that Apo.>Mag.

Than I think Mags (Prime) in his own right has more than a chance.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 12:12 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
soujaboy09
Restricted

Account Restricted

I actually got that from answers.com not the cartoon since I've never watched the cartoon.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 12:15 AM
soujaboy09 is currently offline Click here to Send soujaboy09 a Private Message Find more posts by soujaboy09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggy#1
Restricted

Account Restricted

sure

Originally posted by soujaboy09
I actually got that from answers.com not the cartoon since I've never watched the cartoon.
never watched cartoons ? sure buddy thats what they all say

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 12:20 AM
soujaboy09
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok whatever you say you know more about me than I do.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 12:25 AM
Timslar
Undead

no I'd say it's pretty obvious Magneto takes this, easily. in AoA the only difference had been that Xavier hadn't been born...Apocalypse was at his 616 power.

Magneto on the other hand, during AoA, was so much weaker. He was still ~70 years old, hadn't gotten his godly 616 upgrades, and even gave up some of his power.

At Magneto's current level of power, he would destroy Apocalypse with a thought. Apocalypse is overrated and doesn't stand any kind of chance.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 12:41 AM
Timslar is currently offline Click here to Send Timslar a Private Message Find more posts by Timslar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

thats what most people say... but thats also the same people that dont read much on apoc wink

apoc once laughed at black bolts scream in a weakened state. but much like champion... has been "jobbed" down. he doesnt really force his hand much and just tries to plan everything and usually fails because of an unforseen outcome...

but overall he's physically more powerful and stronger than magneto. and AoA apocalypse was nothing like himself. have you read it???

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 07:49 AM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Also in AoA, Apoc was the main villian and Mags was the hero, so suprise Mags beat Apoc which you could call PIS. Given their abilities Apocalypse should win the majority of fights IMO

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 07:58 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cheap cabbage
Nutritious Veggie

Re: magneto vs apocalypse

Originally posted by juggy#1
even though apocalypse is metal. u think magneto can destroy him by himself ?

Apoc isn't really metal. They just draw him like that. He can control every part of his body down to the molecular level. I dont think magneto can quite affect him the way he could metal in a regular human. However, AOA magneto ripped apoc in half when he got really pissed so we know brute force can take apoc. But Apoc is a genius and he's probably got some crazy machine to take magneto. With prep, it goes either way. But if you piss magneto off enough, apoc is gone in a straight fight.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 03:03 PM
cheap cabbage is currently offline Click here to Send cheap cabbage a Private Message Find more posts by cheap cabbage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Apoc is pretty weak against energy wielders. They don't get much better than Magneto. Magneto can rip apart Apoc pretty easily and Apoc doesn't really have the ability to block that from happening, since Apoc's energy projection is less than impressive, and lacks the kind of shielding to stop Magneto.

Magneto, on the other hand, has shields powerful to stand up to the likes of Phoenix and Galactus, both of whom are packing a bit more power than Apoc.

Magneto wins without much trouble.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 03:47 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

Going by what happened in Excalibur pre HOM, Magneto whips out a wormhole, the end.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 05:01 AM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

it seems as though everybody in this thread is basic thier decision off of the AoA universe. which is an alternate reality... but there is nothing to suggest that magneto CAN do that in 616 wink. apoc too has a victory over magneto IN an alternate reality. he was beating up the x-men, the brotherhood and magneto at the same time... so that doesnt say much about mags...

i'd say apoc has shown more durability and raw power, plus intelligence in 616

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 06:45 AM
Darth Sparhawk

Apocalypse... he is terrifying!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 08:09 PM
Darth Sparhawk is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Sparhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Sparhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Couldn't Apocalypse just use Pyrokinesis to nullify Magneto's powers?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 08:53 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote