KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Green Goblin versus Deathstroke

Green Goblin versus Deathstroke
Started by: Pepito

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pepito

Green Goblin versus Deathstroke

Fight happens in Gotham City - Green Goblin has all of his equipment and current powers plus 10 scrier henchmen

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 05:06 PM
Pepito is currently offline Click here to Send Pepito a Private Message Find more posts by Pepito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Good fight, too bad Goblin gets sniped though.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 01:01 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

Gobby has his own healing factor and is almost as fast as spidey relfex wise, and has the glider gadgets ect. GG wins

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 01:09 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

If DS has a snipe, he wins easily. If not, GG takes it.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 01:10 AM
General Kon-El is currently offline Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Deathstroke.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Juntai is online now! Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Marcellus
Gobby has his own healing factor and is almost as fast as spidey relfex wise, and has the glider gadgets ect. GG wins

Easy on the drugs theresmile

Slade makes GG a toy for his mantel...........

Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

Originally posted by soleran30
Easy on the drugs theresmile

Slade makes GG a toy for his mantel...........

I was going to retort to that, but on second thought half of the comic industry is probably on drugs anyway

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 01:13 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

GG has semi-bulletproof skin(can stand anythin below the power of a .45 magnum shot at point blank) not counting the armor. He also has a healing factor that allowed him to survive a dozen bombs webbed to his chest going off at the same time. Not to mention the fact that he has the mobility advantage here due to glider. Along with his batmanesque gadgets and whatnot.

totally underrated.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 02:09 AM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

now how about them drugs?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 03:02 AM
Soleran
Fast As Time

Originally posted by Marcellus
now how about them drugs?

are you asking me what you are taking or that you want moresmile

Slade has feats slamming impulse, putting down batman, metagrenades that knock out superboy...............................lots and lots of training in hand to hand not to mention he is a meta................and super regen..............a staff that hits with over 40tons of power etc etc

yup I think you better stay on the drugssmile

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 03:25 AM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

a staff that hits grouded opponent's? that means nothing, GG can FLY at 400 mph and enuf pumkin gas,bombs, incinderary, bomb's and vaporizing bombs to equal that arsenal. and GG is meta too...if that helps

we cant stop with the narcotic refereances, please show me how Batman is near the fighter Spiderman is. yeah Bat's has training in a traditional sense but Spiderman would waltz over him in H2H and Gobby fights Spiderman every other day. next argument?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 04:34 AM
Soleran
Fast As Time

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

Take a peek DS handles people WAY outta SM league all the time.

The biggest reason SM has any fighting ability is due to his powers not his actually skills...................he has far far less training then DS, Wolverine, Cap a ton of guys...............great GG has some toys and when this is over DS will have all of GG toys as well as his ownsmile

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 04:44 AM
Deathstroke
Slayer

i'm gonna have to go with my boy D-stroke, but then again i'm biased

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 04:47 AM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

Im not going to disagree with the Spiderman fighting ability, his powers make him what he is but the effect is the same a great fighter. From what I saw DS can argueably take GG in H2H, still I cant see him popping GG in mid flight while being pummeled by Pumin Bombs and electric gloves and such.

any scan's of him taking out anyone in mid flight? and as a correction the glider only goes 90mph.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 05:31 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Goblin gets the plasma staff blast to the face. RIP.

90mph is slow motion to Slade. We're talking about a man with instantaneous reactions and superhuman preceptions.

In Marvel, I think the highest rating of reflexes is a 7, which is instananeous. Quicksilver has a 5 or 6 I think.

Slade would do very well against GG.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 06:36 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

ummm How can quicksilver have reaction than spiderman?, Spidersense is basicly precognition, something Slade dosent have. GG does have reflexs that are maybe a squinch slower than slades

GG skin can stop gunfire, and is only hurt when its in close range I.E. about 7 feet, trust me he will stay out of that range.

GG is very intellegent and would attack far out of harms way, is this some sort of telescopic staff than can streach a 100 yards?

GG has a healing factor that brought him back from near death twice, even if DS does clip him it wont kill him.

and honestly after more resaerch wiki stat's the glider can do 300mph, Spiderfan claimed 90. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Goblin It dosent really matter how fast its going it matters that he is a few stories up the entire time.

I'll post more tomarrow I suppose, Im going to sleep

Last edited by Marcellus on Feb 28th, 2006 at 07:17 AM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 07:14 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eh?

I said: Marvel's reflex rating system goes to 7, with 7 being the highest. 7 is instantaneous. Quicksilver, who is faster than both spiderman and GG is rated slower (a 5 or 6) than Slade if we use the rating system.

The only people with a 7 is heralds and a few others.

Slade is faster than GG. Smarter than GG. A better fighter than GG and has as many weapons.

GG, even at 300mph, isn't fast enough to blitz or even suprise Slade. Slade reacts with the speed of his superhuman thought process, which is 10x faster than normal. So, Slade can react 10x faster than human thought. His preceptions are superhuman, making GG appear slower to Slade than he would to others.

Slade only needs one blast to end GG's career. Not a gun blast, a plasma blast....the same one which he hits people who were running above the speed of sound.

Slade can see and target GG with his superhuman eyesight, he can know where GG is with his built in radar and he can attack before GG can. Slade's staff would reach GG no prob. When it does, game over.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 07:25 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

Does the same not go for DS? how can a plethora of PB's not destroy Slade? It's not like GG use's firecraker's.

the speed of reaction times...I admit I cant argue miliseconds, sure Slades faster quite a bit so it seems, GG still has the terrain advantage I.E. anyware he can fly. speedblitzing is differnt from the air

On foot Slades faster, hand to Hand Slades faster, even if all thats true GG is still faster on the glider. much faster, It's not like GG flies around on that thing just for fun its practicly his arsenal.
Slades foot speed cant match the glider, not to mention GG could make it attack him on its own. then GG hits him with the Gloves

Im havent seen yet how DS is more intellegent tho, Norman was a brilliant scientist before he created the goblin formula and that made him much more intellegent. at this current standings Norman has one of the most brilliant minds on earth "possibly top 40", his insanity is a hinderance, but GG can calm himself and focus when needs be.

I did check the DS respect thread, I was unaware the staff fired projectiles but GG has been shot at before. still tho I give you guys that.
I may be underestimating DS, but I'll still tip my hat to a classic villian and root for him.

I guess this is a cop out, sure DS wins................. woot

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 07:43 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by long pig
Eh?

I said: Marvel's reflex rating system goes to 7, with 7 being the highest. 7 is instantaneous. Quicksilver, who is faster than both spiderman and GG is rated slower (a 5 or 6) than Slade if we use the rating system.

The only people with a 7 is heralds and a few others.

Slade is faster than GG. Smarter than GG. A better fighter than GG and has as many weapons.

GG, even at 300mph, isn't fast enough to blitz or even suprise Slade. Slade reacts with the speed of his superhuman thought process, which is 10x faster than normal. So, Slade can react 10x faster than human thought. His preceptions are superhuman, making GG appear slower to Slade than he would to others.

Slade only needs one blast to end GG's career. Not a gun blast, a plasma blast....the same one which he hits people who were running above the speed of sound.

Slade can see and target GG with his superhuman eyesight, he can know where GG is with his built in radar and he can attack before GG can. Slade's staff would reach GG no prob. When it does, game over.
I don't get why people take Slade's speed out of context or just ignore it. He was hitting Wally as a teen titan[and even more recently in JLA]. Later, in his own series, you see him chasing down Impulse on foot, and then pulling out his staff, targeting ahead of Impulse, taking out a chunk of concrete directly at Impulse's feat, causing him to come crashing down.

The man has a definite measure of superspeed.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 01:39 PM
Juntai is online now! Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

Dammit, why the hell do people still bring those flash vs. DS feats?

IT'S FRIGGIN PIS PEOPLE!!

Slade like someone already said reacts as fast as his thought or 10x faster than any human. Yes that's considered superspeed no doubt. But how on earth would that warrant him to catch any Flash (even kid flash) on foot?

Jeez...............

Sorry, i just have to rant about that. But for the love of god, those are the flashes, not just some minor speedster like pietro.....

And as for the winner of the fight, it's Slade. Not because of his physical stats but because of his superior weapons.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 01:52 PM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote