KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Odin Vs. Doctor Fate (Nabu)

Odin Vs. Doctor Fate (Nabu)
Started by: Comicbook_kid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Comicbook_kid
Crom's champion

Odin Vs. Doctor Fate (Nabu)

I don't know a whole lot about Doctor Fate (or as much as I wished I did), so hopefully some folks out there can help me out. I do know quite a bit about Odin though because I'm a pretty big Thor fan...also, how much does Nabu Doctor Fate differ from Kent Nelson Doctor Fate??
Hopefully, this will be a good thread and lead to some interesting facts and discussions about Doctor Fate...so, what do you guys all think?

Conan, what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and sigs by Beta Ray Howard.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 08:29 PM
Comicbook_kid is currently offline Click here to Send Comicbook_kid a Private Message Find more posts by Comicbook_kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Nabu

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 08:30 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Comicbook_kid
Crom's champion

Can anyone help me out here and does anyone else have any opinions, comments, arguments, etc...?

Conan, what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and sigs by Beta Ray Howard.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 01:11 AM
Comicbook_kid is currently offline Click here to Send Comicbook_kid a Private Message Find more posts by Comicbook_kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tyranus

Nabu is the most powerful lord of order of DCU he went toe to toe against spectre and gave a hell of a fight

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 02:55 AM
tyranus is currently offline Click here to Send tyranus a Private Message Find more posts by tyranus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tyranus

Re: Odin Vs. Doctor Fate (Nabu)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
I don't know a whole lot about Doctor Fate (or as much as I wished I did), so hopefully some folks out there can help me out. I do know quite a bit about Odin though because I'm a pretty big Thor fan...also, how much does Nabu Doctor Fate differ from Kent Nelson Doctor Fate??
Hopefully, this will be a good thread and lead to some interesting facts and discussions about Doctor Fate...so, what do you guys all think?

The diference is that dr fate is a powerful wizard that has a conection to nabu, and nabu is a very powerful spirit.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 02:57 AM
tyranus is currently offline Click here to Send tyranus a Private Message Find more posts by tyranus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tyranus

How powerful is odin???

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 02:58 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Nabu on his own has a decent chance. Doctor Fate would last a while, but would never pose a real threat to Odin IMHO.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 10:55 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnR

I can't see Dr. Fate winning against Odin. Nabu might stand a better chance, but I'd still give odds to Odin winning.

The Spectre's power level varies so much, I'm not sure just how powerful Nabu was in his fight against him. The Spectre sure didn't seem to be at a universe-shaking level in Day of Vengeance (if that's the right name for the series).

Overall, I'd say Spectre>Mordru> or =Nabu>Dr. Fate>most other Lords of Order and Chaos.

For Marvel, Odin>>Dr. Strange who seems about equal to Dr. Fate in power level, but seems more versatile.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 12:42 AM
JohnR is currently offline Click here to Send JohnR a Private Message Find more posts by JohnR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supremthor

Nabu is not the lord of order people get that out of your systems his the bridge between order and choas in other.in short he has the power of both.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 02:25 AM
supremthor is currently offline Click here to Send supremthor a Private Message Find more posts by supremthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diunic

Nabu is below Amon-Ra in DCU. Even Lords Of Order like Nabu received their power from the DCU gods, that's clear in Shazan's origins if you are familiarized with it you must remember ancient gods like Lumiun and the others. Odin is supposed to be on Amon-Ra (DC) level in a fair comparison, both are major Skyfathers god-kings in their ethereal mystic realms. Knowing that Doc Fate is not on Nabu level but approximately on Doc Strange' level. How can wizard defeat a major god-head? Odin wins with a good battle because he's a warrior king but wouldn't be a real challenge for him.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 02:39 AM
Diunic is currently offline Click here to Send Diunic a Private Message Find more posts by Diunic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

i think nabu would win since he is one of the only beings who gave spectre a fight in fact he said he was the most powerful of his kind stronger then shazam, and they have met in the past when nabu tried to stop spectre from destroying sodom and gomorah but was unsuccessful.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 01:55 PM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Diunic
Nabu is below Amon-Ra in DCU. Even Lords Of Order like Nabu received their power from the DCU gods, that's clear in Shazan's origins if you are familiarized with it you must remember ancient gods like Lumiun and the others. Odin is supposed to be on Amon-Ra (DC) level in a fair comparison, both are major Skyfathers god-kings in their ethereal mystic realms. Knowing that Doc Fate is not on Nabu level but approximately on Doc Strange' level. How can wizard defeat a major god-head? Odin wins with a good battle because he's a warrior king but wouldn't be a real challenge for him.
. .. The Lords of Order came into existance during the birth of creation. And Shazam is NOT one of the original Lords of Order, he was never reffered to as such until DOV that I know of. But was not birthed with the rest of them I don't think.

The Lords of Order and Chaos are VERY powerful, far above the gods. For example KISMET, DC's equivelent to Eternity, is one of the Lords of Order.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Last edited by Juntai on Mar 17th, 2006 at 02:08 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 02:05 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

odin isnt greater than current dr strange.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 04:46 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

why do you say that what happend to current dr strange?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 07:22 PM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

sigh dont make me repeat

resists LT............check
resists IG...............check
beats death twice.....check
beats inbetweener twice...............check
shows more power than zom and cyttorak.............check
has the power of vishanti, aggomoto...............check
beats shuma gorath...................check
beats galactus...................check
beats mephisto inhis realm.............check
kills all vampires on earth with a single spell.................check

{i cud keep on going, his feats are nearly endless

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 08:41 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote