KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DC Assassin contract completion competition.

DC Assassin contract completion competition.
Started by: spetznaz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

DC Assassin contract completion competition.

Basically this is a matchup between several of DC’s premier assassins and hitment (there is a slight, mostly semantic, difference between an assassin and a hitman ….but I digress).
In essence, you have a choice of the following 8 characters (I had to cut some, including some good ones, but let’s stick to these), and you are supposed to hire one of them to take out an immensely defended target who just has to ‘go.’
Who would you chose, and why? Also give a ranking from the character you would be most likely to hire to the one you would only take if the others were unavailable.

The second part is for you to imagine that you are the TARGET that a contract has been cut for, and that you need to take precautions to ensure your survival.
What could you do to protect yourself from the hit?
(Assume that this is taking place in the real world, and thus no superheroes to save you, no adamantium-vibranium saferooms for you to hide, no parallel dimensions etc etc etc etc …….all that you have available to you are the standard resources of a high-ranking mob-boss. Thus you have access to henchmen/bodyguards with guns with these men being ex-special forces/stasi/etc, money to try and constantly be flying around the world, access to a ‘real-world’ safehouse, armor plated vehicles and so on. Real world solutions). What would you do to try and survive a hit.

Bane: The comic version (not the stupid cartoon version). Highly intelligent and devious (he deduced who Batman was after all), peak human strength (with Venom it goes higher), enhanced speed. Bane actually managed to (literally) break the Batman after systematically breaking him down in mind and body. Ruthless and calculating.

Chesire: Said by Oracle to be the second most lethal assassin after Lady Shiva. Extremely skilled hand to hand martial artist, with the added ‘skill’ of using highly virulent poisons in VERY ingenious ways. A kiss, a hand strike, a kick could all be lethal. Her knowledge of poisons is second only to Poison Ivy’s.

David Cain: Extremely skilled assassin who has taken out the highest value targets no matter the obstacle without failure (his only failure was when he did not kill Gordon, and this was due to interference from his daughter Cassandra Cain/Batgirl, who he did not know was alive, when she jumped in front of Gordon ….TWICE ….to make Cain not shoot). Highly proficient, highly methodical, highly adaptable. One of the main people who trained Batman, and obviously had a great part in the training of his daughter Cassandra Cain (where he would literally shoot her to make sure she had to dodge the bullets). Framed Bruce for murder, made Deadshot look like a chump, and can apparently get out of prison at will due to his escape artistry.

Deathstroke: Slade Wilson. What to say about him apart from that he is super-intelligent, has enhanced strength, enhanced speed, a healing factor, instant reflexes, super senses, heightened stamina, and is such an efficient hand to hand combatant that Batgirl (Cassie) cannot read him. She says his movements are like a very loud and very fast ‘orchestra’ that is impossible to read until it is too late. Oh, and he has a nice collection of weapons, armor. Also has the nice advantage that stems from immortality.

Merlyn: One of the premier bowmen in DC. Member of the League of Assassins. Called Merlyn the Magician due to his great skill with the bow (and actually inspired Green Arrow to take up archery). Very good at ranged attacks using arrow shots that ae so good they might as well be magic.

Deadshot: Amazing shot (said to never miss). A top marksman with ANY type of weapon. Has a deathwish, but he happens to be so good that it has never been fulfilled (although he has come quite close to being killed by both Deathstroke and David Cain).

Silver Monkey: The ‘top’ exponent in the Brotherhood of the Fist clan (‘top’ in quotes due to the SM being under the Paper Monkey aka Lady Shiva in prominence and ability). The title changes, with different people inheriting it by either the demise of the current SM or by defeating (and killing) him. The SM is one of the more proficient martial artists in the DCU.

Prometheus: Described by his creator (Morrison) as the ‘anti-Batman.’ Has implants in his head and helmet that allow him to download the knowledge of others (eg all the martial arts skill of the top martial artists in the world). He also has a very eclectic collection of weapons, which mixed with his skills allowed him to take down some VERY powerful individuals.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 08:39 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

bane becaus he can think of ways to kill them and kill them mentually them mentually,

i would go to the plice station with my bodygards and semand pretection for me and my whole family, i dont think this should be in vs but good topic anyway wink

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 08:43 PM
A.J is currently offline Click here to Send A.J a Private Message Find more posts by A.J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tshern
Protein-man

Spetznaz, I have to adore your topic. Well done!

And then to the topic itself. My number one pick would definitely be Deathstroke. How could he be stopped in our world? He's capable of planning such a net of ambushes, lies and, most of all, killing that no real world target would be able to survive. I don't believe it would be possible to stop a man who is better in every aspect and has abilities that our humankind doesn't even have.

I don't know too much about DC, but as far as I know Deathstroke is the most capable of the persons on the list. My number two would be Bane, just because I saw him beat up Batman at ease.

My way of surviving from the malicious hands of an assassin would be pretty simple: I would fight back. While travelling around the world and hiding underground I would weave a huge net of lies, reckoning, tailing and such. This net would eventually end up to an attack against the assassin himself.

Respect_Popeye

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 08:58 PM
Tshern is currently offline Click here to Send Tshern a Private Message Find more posts by Tshern Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

I'd hire deathstroke simply because he's the best at what he does. He has very little loss record and is superhuman ( which usually gives it's user a one up on the average joe ) .

Now if i was going to get 'whacked' by Ds , i would prepare like this.

I would sit myself in a small sophisticated looking room at the end of a 200M corridor , for the first 50 metres their would be a wall of muscle . All armed to the teeth with machine guns , shotguns and uzi's .

The next fifty metres is equipped with a shrapnel mine field , on all walls , floors and doors.

While Ds is overcoming all of these obstacles i'm sitting their re-reading Terry Pratchets 'Going Postal'.

The last 100 metres are the hardest , another barrage of guns . But their machine activated this time , every nook and cranny has a gun barrel poking out of it.

Deathstroke , exhausted and pissed off finally reaches the wooden oak door and kicks it open , stomping forward he spins the chair around so he can look me in the eyes before he kills me.

Unfortunately enough i have already left and what he's staring at is a dummy with a small nuclear weapon (which i obtained through deals with a dirty senator) which then goes off before Wilson can even utter a "..oh shi-".

I'm now flying to las vegas on a plane humming to myself in latin . Crime always pays devil

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 09:00 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh i didnt see deathsroke then i choose him, and to protect my self from him i would tutn to god

nice one foxi dont doubt u could do it

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 09:04 PM
A.J is currently offline Click here to Send A.J a Private Message Find more posts by A.J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

This is a great thread Idea, but why limit it to DC characters?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 09:04 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah make it marvel aswell and maybe even image or valiant or 2000 ad, great companies and we do miss valiant dont we

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 09:06 PM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willRules

Trying to have thread purity was the main reason. A Marvel one should be coming soon.

Also I was trying to avoid fanboyism .....eg the type where you'll see people chosing a character just because he/she/it is from Marvel (or Dc/Wildstorm for that matter, although that is primarily a Marvel problem).
By having just DC characters the probability of having G(name withheld)70 just selecting a Marvel character based on the sole point of that character being from Marvel is negated.

Anyways, there are a good number Marvel assassins/hitpeople that would make for a great thread.

Last edited by spetznaz on Mar 20th, 2006 at 09:25 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 09:19 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

good point

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 09:24 PM
Marcus4600
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by willRules

Because Deadpool can't die. He can regenerate from a puddle of goop.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 09:43 PM
Marcus4600 is currently offline Click here to Send Marcus4600 a Private Message Find more posts by Marcus4600 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

id choose promethius or deathstroke and maybe that cain guy but i dont know the stuff he can do

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 10:05 PM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Mider
id choose promethius or deathstroke and maybe that cain guy but i dont know the stuff he can do
Cain is the guy who taught Batman and Batgirl.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 10:06 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by Marcus4600
Because Deadpool can't die. He can regenerate from a puddle of goop.

Deathstroke can't die either..

I would choose Deadshot....This is the real world, and he can use any gun to kill me....All it would take is a sniper from 7972 feet away (the world record)...I wouldn't even see it coming.

I would try to hide in my mansion, but with heat sensors it'd be pointless.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 10:16 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

My hiring order:
1. Deathstroke
2. Prometheus -a very close second as Deathstroke has more practical experience in the assassin trade as well as super powers)
3. David Cain -close third but Prometheus ability to download a great deal of knowledge edges him out
4. Chesire
5. Tie -Silver Monkey, Deadshot, & Merlyn -a little too one dimensional
8. Bane - idiot

Safety plan:
A - double the hitman's contract price not to kill me.
B - place a bounty on whoever hired the assassin in hopes that some kind of truce can be negotiated
C - fortify my home as best as possible with dozens of heavily armed soldiers, land mines, multiple electric fenses, camera survalence, multiple excape routes (land and air), and multiple armor plated safe-rooms. While this is hardly a challenge to assassins in comic books, in the real world it should offer the best possible chance of survival.

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 10:34 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcus4600
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Deathstroke can't die either..

That's actually debateable. I don't think there has been an instance where Deathstroke has survived the punishment that Deadpool has taken and lived. Like I mentioned before, he's regenerated from a pile of goop, had half his head blown off, and many more. Slade's body recessitated itself, but it's debatable if his head were cut off if he would life through it.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 11:08 PM
Marcus4600 is currently offline Click here to Send Marcus4600 a Private Message Find more posts by Marcus4600 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Juntai
Cain is the guy who taught Batman and Batgirl.

He also taught Deadshot, btw.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 11:12 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote