KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spider-Man runs the gauntlet

Spider-Man runs the gauntlet
Started by: Darth Kal-El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

Spider-Man runs the gauntlet

Spider-Man has two hours of rest before the next fight. Where does Parker stop?

1) Shocker
2) Scorpion
3) Beast
4) Sabretooth
5) Captain America (no shield)
6) Namor out of water for one day
7) Vision

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 03:08 PM
General Kon-El is currently offline Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
..:Sn0w:..

First three he could just use his stingers on and four he could just web up Cap with or with out shield he could beat and he'd probably stop at Namor Maybe not.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 03:18 PM
..:Sn0w:.. is currently offline Click here to Send ..:Sn0w:.. a Private Message Find more posts by ..:Sn0w:.. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcus4600
Restricted

Account Restricted

Uh, Vision should probably be before Namor, but I say he gets to 6.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 03:20 PM
Marcus4600 is currently offline Click here to Send Marcus4600 a Private Message Find more posts by Marcus4600 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

he gets to namor and its gameover.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 08:57 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I don't know whether or not it's just a rumor, but I have a friend that said Spiderman beat Namor before, and Peters gotten stronger since then, plus he proved that with enough webbing he could even hold the Hulk for a little while... Spiderman did beat Firelord who is above Namor in strength and durability, or at least he can augment his strength to power levels above Namors, in or out of water. The Vision has been beaten by less so I think that Spiderman could possible survive this Gauntlet.... I mean the guy scared the crap out of Titania, he's single handedly beaten the Fantastic Four, in the Secret Wars, he beat up on the X-Men... and combined I think that the team of X-Men that Spidey danced all over could take either the Vision or Namor, Rogue with her powers alone could probably do it. Toe to toe forget it, but when did Spiderman ever fight in this manner? The rest of the guys from 1-5 should go down fairly easy except for possibly Sabretooth, as I am referring to Spideys fight with Wolverine.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 10:46 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

how weak does namor get without water for a day??
anywayz he may have a chance agiast namor, he gets to 6 at the least.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 10:49 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Spidey gets to seven the stingers would prove to be fatal agiainst namor,that is if he hasn't been in contact with water for a whole day.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 11:26 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcus4600
Restricted

Account Restricted

Uh oh. Somebody call DarkCrawler.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 12:09 AM
Marcus4600 is currently offline Click here to Send Marcus4600 a Private Message Find more posts by Marcus4600 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Given that Namor's black suit (which he is currenlty wearing) would keep him from dehydrating for 24 hours, he wouldn't be weakened when the fight started. In fact it would be as if he was fighting a Namor who just stepped out of the ocean. Namor stops him.

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 12:19 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

First off, Spidey doesn't have stingers. Those were temporary growths that came out of his tranformation in "The Other" story arc. Since then, we haven't seen them, and since he grew out of his skin it's reasonable to assume he no longer has them.

But he gets to Namor without much trouble. Then it depends on how badly you think Namor would be dehydrated. Even guys like Cap have given Namor a decent fight, and Spidey hung around with him for a while (see my respect thread for the scans...should be on page 1) but a winner was never established. So on a bad day, he loses to Namor. On a good day, he gets to Vision. Then it's game over.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 01:42 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
First off, Spidey doesn't have stingers. Those were temporary growths that came out of his tranformation in "The Other" story arc. Since then, we haven't seen them, and since he grew out of his skin it's reasonable to assume he no longer has them.

But he gets to Namor without much trouble. Then it depends on how badly you think Namor would be dehydrated. Even guys like Cap have given Namor a decent fight, and Spidey hung around with him for a while (see my respect thread for the scans...should be on page 1) but a winner was never established. So on a bad day, he loses to Namor. On a good day, he gets to Vision. Then it's game over.

I think he used the stingers in the recent issue of FN spider-man.

They came out by accident when the guy he was wrestling told him he was going to take off his mask in front of everyone. They cut into the guys leg.

sig by willRules

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 01:46 AM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by Black Adam
I think he used the stingers in the recent issue of FN spider-man.

They came out by accident when the guy he was wrestling told him he was going to take off his mask in front of everyone. They cut into the guys leg.

Yeah, and it's even listed in Marvel's website under his powers (for whatever that's worth) http://www.marvel.com/universe/Spider-Man

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 01:50 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I don't know whether or not it's just a rumor, but I have a friend that said Spiderman beat Namor before, and Peters gotten stronger since then, plus he proved that with enough webbing he could even hold the Hulk for a little while... Spiderman did beat Firelord who is above Namor in strength and durability, or at least he can augment his strength to power levels above Namors, in or out of water. The Vision has been beaten by less so I think that Spiderman could possible survive this Gauntlet.... I mean the guy scared the crap out of Titania, he's single handedly beaten the Fantastic Four, in the Secret Wars, he beat up on the X-Men... and combined I think that the team of X-Men that Spidey danced all over could take either the Vision or Namor, Rogue with her powers alone could probably do it. Toe to toe forget it, but when did Spiderman ever fight in this manner? The rest of the guys from 1-5 should go down fairly easy except for possibly Sabretooth, as I am referring to Spideys fight with Wolverine.

Yes Spider-mans webbing can hold the Hulk, but he has to spin a webthick enough then convince hulk not to break it while the webbing sets so to be honest he would never stob the hulk with his webbing, and Namor even less cause he just isnt going to sit around and let him web him, Namor is also class 100 and spidey is class 15 in other words, spider-man can't hurt him. The only way he could win is with PIS.And we all know spidey beating firelord was a load of crap. And theres a big difernce in beating titania and beating namor.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 07:42 AM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Namor crushes spidey with ease .

IMPERIUS REX !!!!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 08:08 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcus4600
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dang right!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 08:20 AM
Mider

i doubt he can beat namor and i KNOW he cant beat vison

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 08:53 AM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Vision can just fall on spidey at full density.....

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 08:55 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

Who cares whether he can beat vision or not he aint getting past Namor

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 09:27 AM
Marcus4600
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wish Namor would rejoin the Avengers. I'm surprised he didn't, considering Bendis is a huge fan of his. The comedy between him and Wolverine would be classic. Stark would be replacing a lot more windows.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 09:30 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Marcus4600
I wish Namor would rejoin the Avengers. I'm surprised he didn't, considering Bendis is a huge fan of his. The comedy between him and Wolverine would be classic. Stark would be replacing a lot more windows.

Damn straight.

W: Hey fishboy pass me a cigar

N: Foolish mongrel , none speak to the king of Atlantis that way !!! (throws wolverine off of stark towers)

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 10:37 AM