KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » magneto (full power) vs thor

WHO SHALL COME OUT VICTORIOUS
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
MASTER OF MAGNETISEM 11 42.31%
THE GOD OF THUNDER 15 57.69%
Total: 26 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

magneto (full power) vs thor
Started by: ALEMASTER

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ALEMASTER
Green lantern sector 1993

magneto (full power) vs thor

ok ok thor can't use the odin force and cannot use a god blast owt over powering ok so who wins

battle in NYC
no prep

magneto vs thor

magneto can magnetise thors hammer i remmber seeing it in a earlier comics were magneto mistuck thor as a mutant and well u know wat would of happened.

if u could could u get an image i cant find it

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 10:53 AM
ALEMASTER is currently offline Click here to Send ALEMASTER a Private Message Find more posts by ALEMASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Magneto gets thrashed. This isn't even a contest for Thor.

My sigs. | Slade Explained| Respect Beta Ray |Respect Thor | Sheer idiocy

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 11:04 AM
Thunderstrike is currently offline Click here to Send Thunderstrike a Private Message Find more posts by Thunderstrike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

By the way, if you found a comic where Thor got his hammer magnetized, you're either smoking a lot of pot, or lying. Uru can't be magnetized. In fact, Thor had Magneto begging for his life after he absorbed Magneto's shield into Mjolnir.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 11:19 AM
Thunderstrike is currently offline Click here to Send Thunderstrike a Private Message Find more posts by Thunderstrike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ALEMASTER

BUT IN THE MARVEL FIGURINE COLLECTION AT THE BACK IT HAS A COMIC WHICH IS WORTH QUIT A BIT AND ON THE COVER IT SHOES THOR AND MAGNETO IN THE MIDDLE OF A CROWD AND MAGNETO THINKS THOR IS A MUTANT BUT IS WRONG AND MAGNETO HAS MJIONOR BE LIFTED FROM HIS HANDS BY MAGNETO

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 11:22 AM
ALEMASTER is currently offline Click here to Send ALEMASTER a Private Message Find more posts by ALEMASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Pretty sure you're on crack.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 11:24 AM
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Heck, Magneto has NOTHING on Thor.

Drains all of Kang's energy, returns it ten-fold.
http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?...aemh04162pg.jpg

Also, Thor is MUCH faster than Magneto.
http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?...speed0050lh.jpg
Read the Captions

He redirects power and resurrects a dead sun here.
http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?...imate0060az.jpg

He can also swing his hammer at the speed of light.
http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?...speed0029uc.jpg

Magneto is dead 20 times over.

In fact, Thor wins 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10 times.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 11:38 AM
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

OWNED

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 12:22 PM
A.J is currently offline Click here to Send A.J a Private Message Find more posts by A.J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ALEMASTER

OK I ONLY SAW THE COVER OK

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 12:24 PM
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok ok u done the infiniti crisis and lord gave me them aswell so thanks, dont worry covers nver tell the truth

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 12:42 PM
A.J is currently offline Click here to Send A.J a Private Message Find more posts by A.J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Covers usually are just advertising and nothing like what happens inside!

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 01:47 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

ThunderStrike youre basing your opinion of the outcome on a fight Thor had with Classic Mags back in the 60's. This thread is referring to full power Mags, the most recent incarnation, the one who can create wormholes on a whim. With all that in mind its not really a valid reference for how this match up would turn out. Magneto in the incarnation youre referring to was an old man in his 60's, since then he was de-aged by Mutant Alpha before being aged to his early 30's. From that point onwards Magneto was given a considerable power boost on multiple occassions (most recent times being in the Fatal Attractions Arc and in Excalibur v2 just last year) and we have seen him pull off feats such as taking on entire teams of both the X-men and The Avengers, warping the planets magnetic fields and as aforementioned creating wormholes. Magneto has even shown just a few years back that hes capable of incinerating a supposedly invulnerable powerhouse (considerably more so than Rogue as demonstrated) on a whim(Uncanny X-men, Neo confrontation). He'd certainly be able to cause some major damage to Thor and with sufficient exertion kill him more than likely. This battle is far from as one sided as youre making out.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 02:00 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, it's not. Alemaster even said himself that it's Magneto with his powers before house of M, or he wouldn't have shyed away from what I said. Also, Magneto is still far under the powers of Thor. You're neglecting the fact that Thor can redirect energy that is far beyond what Magneto has ever done, so this still isn't a fight for Thor. Magneto may be the most powerful mutant on Marvel Earth, but he's still nowhere near Thor.

Last edited by Thunderstrike on Apr 18th, 2006 at 02:05 PM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 02:03 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Actually, it's not. Alemaster even said himself that it's Magneto with his powers before house of M, or he wouldn't have shyed away from what I said.

What do you mean its not? What are you referring to? Also if Alemaster said that then thats cool, because thats exactly the Magneto im referring to and as such your scan isnt really relevant as aforementioned.

Also, Magneto is still far under the powers of Thor. You're neglecting the fact that Thor can redirect energy that is far beyond what Magneto has ever done, so this still isn't a fight for Thor. Magneto may be the most powerful mutant on Marvel Earth, but he's still nowhere near Thor.

Thor may be able to redirect energies, but he requires his hammer to do so. Magneto has shown on panel that he can take control of his hammer magnetically, so whats to stop him from sending it through a wormhole? confused

With that done Thor is left grounded and is left with just his super strength and basic physical prowess to see him through. In such a circumstance im placing my bets on Magneto. wink

Last edited by GalacticStorm on Apr 18th, 2006 at 02:14 PM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 02:11 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

What? Uru can't be magnetized. Also, Thor can call his hammer back to him, so what's Magneto gonna do then?

Also, Thor can still command the skies. He doesn't need his hammer. Read Blood Oath and you would know that. wink

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 02:14 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

What? Uru can't be magnetized. Also, Thor can call his hammer back to him, so what's Magneto gonna do then?

If its happened on panel then you cant argue with it. Mags can send the hammer through a wormhole.

Also, Thor can still command the skies. He doesn't need his hammer. Read Blood Oath and you would know that. wink

And yet Thor needs the hammer to focus the energies of the storm. Im well aware of his ability to control the weather without the hammer, i was just hoping that you didnt know. wink

Regardless he would be nothing more than a super strong, virtually invulnerable Storm. Magneto can absorb and channel any lightning Thor could use against him, he could even use it to empower himself. All Thor would have left is wind and im sure Mags would be able to handle that. Whats to stop Magneto from closing a wormhole on Thors head? eek!

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 02:20 PM
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay, first of all, whoever wrote Magneto taking Mjolnir away was full of crap. Even if he did manage to, the Hammer could still be summoned back, so that strategy is gone.

Second of all, Thor's powers are not of this world. They're magical. Magneto cannot control Magic. Also, Thor doesn't need the hammer to control the storm.
http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?...ercthor31ss.gif
http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?...ercthor48ym.gif
http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?...ercthor58ej.gif
"The weather be to me as your arms are to you." Also, you're forgetting the fact you're not allowed to bring plot induced stupidity into these threads, so Magneto taking Thor's hammer is out of the picture and irrelivant.wink

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 02:27 PM
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also, how is Magneto even going to hit him when Thor is faster than any human being.
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/...rspeed014aw.jpg

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 02:34 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Okay, first of all, whoever wrote Magneto taking Mjolnir away was full of crap. Even if he did manage to, the Hammer could still be summoned back, so that strategy is gone.

Second of all, Thor's powers are not of this world. They're magical. Magneto cannot control Magic. Also, Thor doesn't need the hammer to control the storm.
http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?...ercthor31ss.gif
http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?...ercthor48ym.gif
http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?...ercthor58ej.gif
"The weather be to me as your arms are to you." Also, you're forgetting the fact you're not allowed to bring plot induced stupidity into these threads, so Magneto taking Thor's hammer is out of the picture and irrelivant.wink

Why is Magneto taking control of Thors hammer PIS? Please explain yourself. Id just like to clarify what you THINK renders something in said category. wink

Thor may eventually be able to get Mjolnir back but theres nothing stopping Magneto sending it through a wormhole again. He only needs seconds to manipulate the iron in Thors brain. Also as shown on panel Magneto can incinerate a person with invulnerability beyond Rogues with a mere gesture. If he exerted himself he could severely injure if not kill Thor during the course of the battle.

Thors ability to control the weather might be via magic however the weather effects he summons are not magical energy. See the difference? Good try. big grin

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 02:35 PM
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because Uru is not able to be magnetized.

Mjolnir can teleport through dimensions, so it would just appear again in his hand.

You have no proof that what he can do isn't magical.

Read this thread. Thor is too fast, too powerful, and too versatile. You haven't made a valid point yet.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=4

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 02:38 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Also, how is Magneto even going to hit him when Thor is faster than any human being.
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/...rspeed014aw.jpg

If Thor is grounded (as he would be without his hammer) then i really dont see the problem. confused

On top of that Magneto is a trained fighter and has consistently been able to tag his son and other beings endowed with superspeed such as Northstar, beings who move far faster than Thor tends to within an atmosphere. big grin

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 02:38 PM