KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Storm vs Polaris

Storm vs Polaris
Started by: nimrod009

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nimrod009
DIABOLIK!

Storm vs Polaris

Any thoughts? smile

Old Post May 25th, 2006 09:19 AM
nimrod009 is currently offline Click here to Send nimrod009 a Private Message Find more posts by nimrod009 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Can polaris control things lie magneto can? If not, it will probably depend on the fights surroundings.

Old Post May 25th, 2006 10:35 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimrod009
DIABOLIK!

She has pretty much exactly the same powers as Magneto, except her control over them isn't quite as good.

Fight takes place in NYC.

Old Post May 25th, 2006 10:40 AM
nimrod009 is currently offline Click here to Send nimrod009 a Private Message Find more posts by nimrod009 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crucifixio
Doppelganger

Ororo got this..........she's way more experienced

Old Post May 25th, 2006 01:30 PM
crucifixio is currently offline Click here to Send crucifixio a Private Message Find more posts by crucifixio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Current Polaris wins easily, two words Meta-Virus, pestilence wipes out Storm and the whole of man/mutant kind(Who haven't drank Apocalypses' blood) Storm dies of disease. Plus lighting is practically useless as are winds.

Last edited by ExodusCloak on May 25th, 2006 at 02:48 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2006 02:37 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

I'd say Storm. She's been in the game longer and is waaay more powerful than she's given credit for at times

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post May 25th, 2006 02:44 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

She has Maggies power but its not her control its that she's no where near as powerful as him.
Maggie is like an Xavier and she would be like a Jean Grey
However her power allows her power OVER others bodies where Storm must strike her opponents.
I'd give this to Polaris

Attachment: polaris-bigcostume12.jpg
This has been downloaded 129 time(s).

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post May 25th, 2006 03:31 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

which version of polaris? most recent version, or magnetic polaris?

magnetic- a little even, but storm comes out on top

pestilence-we haven't seen what she can do in this form yet really

Old Post May 25th, 2006 07:27 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Polaris wins this. She may not be as powerful as Magneto, but she's still very much powerful enough to take Storm down. No offense to Storm at all, since she is quite powerful.

Old Post May 25th, 2006 08:14 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Gotta agree there. I prefer Storm is she is likely more powerful than Polaris, however Polaris' ability to erect shields is what gives her the win here. With the city setting as well which would limit Storms efficiency, whilst giving Polaris practically unlimited ammunition id have to give it to her. sad

Old Post May 25th, 2006 08:29 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bitca360
Mutate #20

Storm's biggest offense (lightning) would be pretty useless right? Unless Polaris is caught off guard...I don't know how well Storm would fair against tons of metal building parts, cars, etc being hurled at her; while Polaris has her own shields...Storm's the better combatant overall though...I'd give it to Polaris 6/10...

I could see Storm pulling a win if she surrounded Polaris in a pitch black fog, she would then put her shields up, but if Storm could affect the atomosphere inside Lorna's shield bubble (raising or lowering the temperature extremes) forcing Polaris to drop her shield; it would be over for her...but I still give the majority to Polaris...

Last edited by bitca360 on May 25th, 2006 at 08:34 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2006 08:30 PM
bitca360 is currently offline Click here to Send bitca360 a Private Message Find more posts by bitca360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bitca730
Storm's biggest offense (lightning) would be pretty useless right? Unless Polaris is caught off guard...I don't know how well Storm would fair against tons of metal building parts, cars, etc being hurled at her; while Polaris has her own shields...Storm's the better combatant overall though...I'd give it to Polaris 6/10...

Yeah Polaris could absorb and redirect Storms lightning but as we've seen in the past Storm can eventually generate more than P can work with and overload her. However for the aforementioned reasons this situation favours Polaris. Id give it to her 8/10

If only someone would give Storm the ability to generate energy shields. sad Come on Chris Claremont. Upgrade my b*tch!!! mad

Old Post May 25th, 2006 08:36 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

actually galacticstorm, storm can erect energy shields. and bitca, storm can also affect the insides of a persons shield as well so it is completely plausible that she could affect the inside of polaris's shields. and i didn't see the part where is stated the fight takes place in new york city, that right there basically gives the win to lorna. while i think storm is more versatile, and overall more powerful, the battle surroundings give polaris the majority and edge in this fight making her win the majority. i agree with my original statement that storm wins some fights, it's just that polaris wins more.

Old Post May 25th, 2006 10:04 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lethal_Rise
Intellectual Terrorist

storm is like a goddess, she never gets enough credit for what she does. She takes this, tho not easily.

Old Post May 25th, 2006 10:07 PM
Lethal_Rise is currently offline Click here to Send Lethal_Rise a Private Message Find more posts by Lethal_Rise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordKaos
LET KAOS REIGN!

I give it to Storm only because Storm has faced Magento and survived, she knows full well what Polaris can do and won't make any of the mistakes she made with Magneto. Lorna can redirect her lightning blasts, but Storm can absorb and redirect electromagnetic energy too. We've seen Storm pull off some very big feats, and all of them have been when she is in full control of herself and emotions, an unbridled Storm can reawaken the ice age.

Old Post May 25th, 2006 10:10 PM
LordKaos is currently offline Click here to Send LordKaos a Private Message Find more posts by LordKaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Still not sure but leaning towards polaris. Depends on surroundings.
But I do agree with ya storm is underated.

Old Post May 26th, 2006 01:06 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Well in actuality Polaris or Maggie could just power up and walk right at a person and tear of their head and not many people can do a thing about it.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post May 26th, 2006 03:43 AM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Gotta agree there. I prefer Storm is she is likely more powerful than Polaris, however Polaris' ability to erect shields is what gives her the win here. With the city setting as well which would limit Storms efficiency, whilst giving Polaris practically unlimited ammunition id have to give it to her. sad

Even though you agreed with me (huh, planets must be in allignment), I'd actually have to say that Polaris is more powerful. Her mutant ability to control magnetism the way that she does is superior even to Storm's weather manipulation abilities.

Old Post May 26th, 2006 04:02 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimrod009
DIABOLIK!

Originally posted by stormfront13
which version of polaris? most recent version, or magnetic polaris?

Classic Lorna with her Magneto-esque powers.

Old Post May 26th, 2006 09:03 AM
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

I still give this to Storm. Her overall experience and battle experience against Magneto means she knows full well what she's up against.

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post May 26th, 2006 12:44 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote