KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Rivals VS. Galactic/Universal Threats

Rivals VS. Galactic/Universal Threats
Started by: Adam Warlock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Rivals VS. Galactic/Universal Threats

Ok... I've set up a team of Rivals to run the Gauntlet of universal threats. Can the team make it through working as a team? Or do they start to fight each other and die horribly? If they lose even one match, they each will die a painful death and spend a millennium in the worst pain possible. They all know the consequences.

The Rivals have a day of prep before each battle. They also heal back to %100 percent after each fight. Their opponents have no prep whatsoever.

The Rivals:

Silver Surfer(Current)
Thanos
Superman
Darkseid(avatar)
Sentry
The Void
Dr. Strange
Baron Mordo
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Sinestro

VS.

The Galactic Threat Gauntlet:

1. Despero(Well Written)

2. Neron(Full Power)

3. Uatu The Watcher

4. Nabu/Shazam(The Wizard)

5. Dormammu/Satannish/Nightmare

6. Shuma Gorath Full Power(Within his realm)

7. DOV Spectre

Can they make it through?

Debate.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 10:41 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Broly92
Bow to Amc or else?

Somewhere between 4-7

"Whoever said anybody has a right to give up?"

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 10:44 PM
Broly92 is currently offline Click here to Send Broly92 a Private Message Find more posts by Broly92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Well. Dr. Strange casts a spell that binds them all together, like he did with the defenders. They can make it past 6, cause even Dr. Strange by himself has defeated Shuma Gorath in his own realm, so having heavy hitters like Darkseid and Thanos is gonna be real helpful.

Along the way, after each fight, Thanos converts the energy of the being into usable cosmic energy, ala, a cosmic cube...

wait nevermind. DOV spectre ripped the magic out of the world. they make it past 6, but they won't ever make it past 7. fare thee well doctor strange.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 10:54 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

a day of prep with people like strange,thanos, darkseid, mordo, youve got to be joking!!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 10:57 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

the team gets all the infinity gems together in a day, and have thanos weild the IG.
a day a prep is too much for thanos, darkseid, and strange.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 11:07 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

It took thanos a year to figure out what the IG was, and come up with his gameplan to get it.

It took Thanos a year to figure out the energies of the HOTU, then get himself into the scenario to get that.

Cosmic cube. I don't remember. but i assume same thing.

Thanos with 1 year of prep becomes a god.
Thanos with 1 day. Meh.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 11:16 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

I'd be SHOCKED if they got passed Shazam/Nabu.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 11:18 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

ya but now thanos knows about the ig.
and i thought he just walked into the hotu, i could be mistaken though.
but lets take into account that thanos knows where to get god powers, and hes also got darky, and mordo.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 11:19 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

quote: (post)
Originally posted by batdude123
I'd be SHOCKED if they got passed Shazam/Nabu.

Do you not see Superman there.

Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Well then damn.

rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

And in Marvel: The End, Thanos says he's been tracking the energies for like a year.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 11:20 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

No, according to the rules of the forum, you can only get whats available to you. I doubt the IG or the HOTU are stashed in Thanos' garage or something. With a day of prep, they'd just strategize. VERY WELL, but they wouldn't create some death machine or something.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 11:20 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Skeets
Do you not see Superman there.

Nabu. NABU!! no expression

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 11:21 PM
Mr.Biscuits

Why would they need the I.G when they got Superman.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 11:21 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Priest
the team gets all the infinity gems together in a day, and have thanos weild the IG.
a day a prep is too much for thanos, darkseid, and strange.

You also forgot Superman. The guy is a genious. Look at what he built at the fortress of solitude. wink

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 11:22 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Skeets
Why would they need the I.G when they got Superman.

Good question......

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 11:22 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

yeh, for once i can be on supes team, although i know this is going to turn into a thanos vs superman dicussion.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 11:24 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Nabu. NABU!! no expression

I'm surprised BW or NJ haven't backed me up on this. After all, he IS the leader of the Lords of Order. cool

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 11:25 PM
Mr.Biscuits

I'm surprised BW or NJ haven't backed me up on this. After all, he IS the leader of the Lords of Order. cool

no expression That has nothing to do with the comic....

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 11:34 PM
HaSon

Superman rubs his hands together in anticipation of a good fight and accidently kills everyone, teammates included.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 11:35 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote