KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Sun-dipped Superman and GL Hal vs Uber Defenders

Sun-dipped Superman and GL Hal vs Uber Defenders
Started by: Acrosurge

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Sun-dipped Superman and GL Hal vs Uber Defenders

Superman has sundipped for a day. He and Hal Jordan combine their might against the following Marvel team:

Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Super Skrull
Quasar
Nova w/full Nova Force and Worldmind
(Classic) Silver Surfer
Captain America

Don't confuse this for a spite thread. If you think the DC team has a shot, please expain your rationale. If you think the Marvel team takes it, how many guys can Supes and Hal put away before they go down?

You see, I once saw a shoe. I looked at that shoe for a long time, but it never quite seemed right. So, I put that shoe on the other foot, just to see how it would fit. Just how do people perceive their characters? That's what I'm trying to find out?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 02:16 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

Captain America might be the only casualty on the marvel side :/.

Seriously Aunt May has better odds against Carnage then Hal and Clark have to win here.

I LOVE ME SOME ME Professor X respect thread

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 02:19 PM
Moses Morrison is currently offline Click here to Send Moses Morrison a Private Message Find more posts by Moses Morrison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

I tend to agree. this is too much for these Two. Now had you said Takion and Prophecy Orion. Yes. Hal and Clark. NO.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 02:22 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I tend to agree. this is too much for these Two. Now had you said Takion and Prophecy Orion. Yes. Hal and Clark. NO.
I may take you up on that. For now, I'm replacing Hal Jordan with recent Ion-Kyle.

They fight the Marvel Roster:

Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Super Skrull
Quasar
Nova w/full Nova Force and Worldmind
(Classic) Silver Surfer
Captain America

Does anything change?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 02:40 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Two problems with this thread.

A: Sundipped Supes has shown NO weaknesses.
B: We don't know how powerful current Ion is.

That would make it tough to have an accurate decision.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 02:44 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

IMO Sun-Dipped Supes will one shot Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Super Skrull and possibly Quasar.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 02:51 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind

Purposeful problems, Ava. I was trying to compensate for the unknown extent of Current Surfer's power in the Thor/Surfer vs JLA thread.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 02:59 PM
Soleran
Fast As Time

Is Hal Ion? Even if Superman is sundipped he goes down.

Defenders win.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 03:09 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

The creator made it Ion instead of Hal.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 03:11 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Originally posted by Superboy Prime
The creator made it Ion instead of Hal.
Thanks SbP, you're correct. Recent Kyle-Ion.

These forums are unwieldy when it comes to editing old posts. I apologize for the confusion.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 03:13 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by Soleran
Is Hal Ion? Even if Superman is sundipped he goes down.

Defenders win.

Have you seen any weaknesses for a sun dipped Superman? He's ridiculously amped with even a few minutes exposure.

The thread started gave him a full day on top of that.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 03:15 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Have you seen any weaknesses for a sun dipped Superman? He's ridiculously amped with even a few minutes exposure.

The thread started gave him a full day on top of that.

An amped wall of strength against several folks whose powers include siphoning energy. Not that big of a deal really, in my opinion.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 03:20 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

An amped wall of strength against several folks whose powers include siphoning energy. Not that big of a deal really, in my opinion.

It is when said energy is put on par with avatars of entropy.

That's damn powerful. You can't absorb it if it can kill you instantly.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 03:22 PM
Soleran
Fast As Time

It is when said energy is put on par with avatars of entropy.

That's damn powerful. You can't absorb it if it can kill you instantly.

I agree except its Mljonir and Stormbreaker as well as SS and Quasar who doesn' t even need to absorb but rechannel! It's not like they are having to hold it within their physical bodies.

I still see the Defenders winning the Majority here.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 03:30 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

I agree except its Mljonir and Stormbreaker as well as SS and Quasar who doesn' t even need to absorb but rechannel! It's not like they are having to hold it within their physical bodies.

I still see the Defenders winning the Majority here.

Well, You're entitled to your opinion.

I still go with undecided since we don't know exactly how powerful Ion is yet. I do know a sundipped supes can 1 shot anyone on that team though.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 03:39 PM
Soleran
Fast As Time

Doh I didn't see that he changed Ion with Hal, yeah that makes me a bit reserved.

However based on what we know the Team Defenders win.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 03:51 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

Sun dip supes just help Surfer get stonger smile............ to much fire power.....Thor can match Hal..........Quasar can absorb Supes energy.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 04:22 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Sundipped Superman... and Current Ion???

Captain America asks for 1 second. He walks up to Thor and Silver surfer.. and makes motions like he's removed some kind of invisible dog collar...

WMT and No holds bar surfer to the rescueeeeeeee

"Sic em!"

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 05:25 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Too much power and versatility for both Supes/Hal to handle.. Even Sundipped..

My Artwork

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 06:49 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Im going to agree with Avalon on this one, I dont believe they could siphon or manipulate Supes energy at all with a full day of being sun dipped, even a few minutes I would say they couldnt, but with a full day I think its completely over kill.

P.S. In a cannon cross over Supes one shot Thor to the head with a punch and KO'ed him, this was non sun dipped supes.

P.S.S. Sun dipped supes for a day, who has no weaknesses and has never been shown to be able to be siphoned, and no SS/Quasar/BRB/Thor cannot siphon or manipulate some one whos energy is on Enthropys level thats way beyond them, thats like a ant to a bear.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 07:09 AM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote