KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Test of durability - who survives?

Test of durability - who survives?
Started by: Kutulu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question Test of durability - who survives?

Ok the premise is this - if either DC Earth or Marvel 616 Earth were obliterated in a single attack (assume for the purposes of this test that the explosion is 10 times more powerful than needed to completely shatter / disperse the planet and send molten chunks flying through outer space in it's place), who on either planet would survive the attack, not knowing ahead of time that it was coming (no precog, etc)?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2007 11:06 PM
Kutulu is currently offline Click here to Send Kutulu a Private Message Find more posts by Kutulu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

By Crom!!

What a silly thread smile

I left on my own terms, as I always should have smile rock
If I ever want to return I will, keep the faith my friends, sometimes i'll look in.

herd behavior is a comical thing.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 12:15 AM
Whirly is currently offline Click here to Send Whirly a Private Message Find more posts by Whirly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassadar
Executor

Superman and Juggernaut.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 08:08 PM
Tassadar is currently offline Click here to Send Tassadar a Private Message Find more posts by Tassadar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Thanos. Stardust from what I heard, and of course, Tyrant. I'll think of more later.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 08:29 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Classic Juggernaut.

Being physically indestructible.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 08:50 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

Cap hides under his shield and holds his breath for 100 lightyears until he lands on an uninhabited plaent, then contacts Gamora to mate, thus making a planet of SuperSoldiers that could take over the universe.......

what? no expression

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 08:53 PM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
swerve1988
elite

APOC.....thats it

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 05:35 PM
swerve1988 is currently offline Click here to Send swerve1988 a Private Message Find more posts by swerve1988 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Marvel Earth
Classic Thor
Classic Juggernaut
Sentry
Hyperion

DC Earth
Superman
Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Bizarro

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 05:41 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by swerve1988
APOC.....thats it

Only if the explosion doesn't throw a table to his face. happy

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 05:41 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
swerve1988
elite

I'VE never seen this Table scan!!!!!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 05:49 PM
swerve1988 is currently offline Click here to Send swerve1988 a Private Message Find more posts by swerve1988 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

he just ducked.... nothing out of the ordinary if you ask me.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 05:55 PM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

Juggy and Superman although Juggy I would understand but Superman might be somewhat scorched a bit. At least dazed and confused.
I would say Thor but he has been inconsistent lately in his prowesses and durability department.
Wolverine because he would just heal himself.................Joking this was a cheap shot at Logan's fans around the forum.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 09:00 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by KillAll
he just ducked.... nothing out of the ordinary if you ask me.

True...what's out of the ordinary is the fact he decided to duck...Ugh.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 09:02 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by swerve1988
I'VE never seen this Table scan!!!!!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...;postid=4988698

some people find it funny that Apoc ducked to avoid a table thown by namor

now shut up about it

BTW Apoc would survive a planet destroying blast IMO

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 09:04 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Here's the thing, its current earth.. not classic.. so quit with the classic juggernaut references...

Sentry/superman would survive.
wonderwoman/
all of eternals, as they are made by the celestials to be unkillable.

honorable mentions
hulk/doomsday/classic juggernaut...
hulk has been shown to due to his healing factor not need to breathe.. and been able to regenerate from even being pretty much a pile of ash.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 09:56 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Originally posted by rotiart
Here's the thing, its current earth.. not classic.. so quit with the classic juggernaut references...

Sentry/superman would survive.
wonderwoman/
all of eternals, as they are made by the celestials to be unkillable.

honorable mentions
hulk/doomsday/classic juggernaut...
hulk has been shown to due to his healing factor not need to breathe.. and been able to regenerate from even being pretty much a pile of ash.

He hasn't been shown that he doesn't need to breathe. Nick Fury said there is a probability that he could. Nor has he regenerated from a pile of ash.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 10:37 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

Marvel Earth
Thor
Sentry
Immortal Hercules

DC Earth
Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Isis
Superman

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 10:47 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
He hasn't been shown that he doesn't need to breathe. Nick Fury said there is a probability that he could. Nor has he regenerated from a pile of ash.

Yes he has, on both accounts. He fought the Godseye in space without an air mask or even time to hold his breath. And this is right after Nick Fury's comment.

The "pile of ash" incident was actually the Maestro, who came back after being blown to pieces from the gamma bomb. To be fair, however, this took several years and he needed copious amounts of gamma radiation to come back.

I can see Hulk surviving this, depending on what state he's in at the time.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 11:17 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Originally posted by Accel
Yes he has, on both accounts. He fought the Godseye in space without an air mask or even time to hold his breath. And this is right after Nick Fury's comment.

The "pile of ash" incident was actually the Maestro, who came back after being blown to pieces from the gamma bomb. To be fair, however, this took several years and he needed copious amounts of gamma radiation to come back.

I can see Hulk surviving this, depending on what state he's in at the time.

wow. you beat me to it smile

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 11:19 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

Why Wolverine of course.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 11:26 PM
Madvillain is currently offline Click here to Send Madvillain a Private Message Find more posts by Madvillain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote