KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Storm vs Top Tier Characters

Is Storm top tier?
This poll is closed.
Yes 8 22.22%
No 5 13.89%
Very No 5 13.89%
Rutgog has no idea what he's talking about. 18 50.00%
Total: 36 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Storm vs Top Tier Characters
Started by: Beta Ray Howard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Storm vs Top Tier Characters

Time for another gauntlet a la Beta Ray Howard. This one's inspired by Rutgog's claim of Storm being a top tier character. So, let's see how she does.

Captain Atom
Hyperion (exiles)
Namor
Beta Ray Bill
Silver Surfer

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 03:37 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

If we didn't have Rutog around this would be spite.

Stops at 0.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 03:39 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boriquaking55
Pak is a straight fool

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Stops at 0.

why would Rutog make a difference confused

I just got BLOW'D UP from the inside by a Skrull?!
AWW HELLL NAWWW!!!!!

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 03:59 AM
boriquaking55 is currently offline Click here to Send boriquaking55 a Private Message Find more posts by boriquaking55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by boriquaking55
why would Rutog make a difference confused

Becase having him means someone will argue vehemently for Storm and seem to make it even out.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 04:00 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Captain Atom annhilstes her.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 04:02 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Stops at 0.
It is still spite.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 04:03 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by bigbran
It is still spite.

But not at quite the same level. (this way it becomes funny)

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 04:05 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

But not at quite the same level. (this way it becomes funny)
Spite is spite. It doesn't have to be funny.

"Rutgog has no idea what he's talking about. 3 60.00% "

Anyway, since this is going to get closed, this Rutgog sounds like a douchebag.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 04:08 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Re: Storm vs Top Tier Characters

Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Time for another gauntlet a la Beta Ray Howard. This one's inspired by Rutgog's claim of Storm being a top tier character. So, let's see how she does.

Captain Atom
Hyperion (exiles)
Namor
Beta Ray Bill
Silver Surfer

Namor is by far the weakest on that list and even he would take her 8/10

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 04:40 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rutog98

Spite is spite. It doesn't have to be funny.

"Rutgog has no idea what he's talking about. 3 60.00% "

Anyway, since this is going to get closed, this Rutgog sounds like a douchebag.

And you can make a comment like this without knowing me how?

What I claim with Storm is in canon. What I post and what I state is within the forum rules. I can't help it if you guys are close-minded. The way I see it, when I post in threads where there are say...200 responses yet I see that it has been viewed many times that, it tells me that you have people who are not partaking in the discussion actively, but who are reading it and thinking for themselves. I think I have won some of them over and enlightened to things about the character that they were not aware of previously. If you have loud dissenters who want to be obnoxious, oh well. I will continue to beat people over the head with canon. wink

That said, I don't know any of those characters save Namor and Storm beats him badly.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 05:43 AM
Rutog98 is currently offline Click here to Send Rutog98 a Private Message Find more posts by Rutog98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Rutog98
And you can make a comment like this without knowing me how?
Because, I said you sounded like one? I really don't care if you know or not, I don't know you, and I'm making an observation.

What I claim with Storm is in canon. What I post and what I state is within the forum rules. I can't help it if you guys are close-minded. The way I see it, when I post in threads where there are say...200 responses yet I see that it has been viewed many times that, it tells me that you have people who are not partaking in the discussion actively, but who are reading it and thinking for themselves. I think I have won some of them over and enlightened to things about the character that they were not aware of previously. If you have loud dissenters who want to be obnoxious, oh well. I will continue to beat people over the head with canon. wink
Ya... I don't go into Storm threads. All I know, is that she isn't anywhere near Superman, Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Frank Richards (omega), etc.

That said, I don't know any of those characters save Namor and Storm beats him badly.
You do know that Namor calls on some form of lightning himself? That I'm almost certain has put down Thing. What has Storm done?
Pis out Surfer? Ya, don't use it, and if you do use it, it proves you know NOTHING of Surfer.
Oh, why doesn't she call on a rain storm?
Or put some wind in their?

Ya... she loses to Namor, and she loses bad.

When did Storm get so overated? Hudlin isn't an example either.
He completely ruined Black Panther, and you don't think he overpowered Storm (nipping it in the bud)?
Don't bring up, no possible Omega bullshit either (I remember that, from the last time I went in a Storm worship thread).
Iron Man... nuff said. Or, Iron Man knows nothing of mutants, so how can you take that seriously?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 05:52 AM
What If...

quote:
When did Storm get so overated? Hudlin isn't an example either

Storm is overated to just 1 guy on these forums who is obviously doing this to get attention threads just like this

Let it go kids, let it go.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 07:00 AM
What If... is currently offline Click here to Send What If... a Private Message Find more posts by What If... Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

This is a joke right? When did Storm even get considered as a high tier, let alone top? This is all Hudlin's fault. mad She gets spanked and runs crying back to Wakanda.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 07:40 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RisingStorm
Impetus

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
This is a joke right? When did Storm even get considered as a high tier, let alone top? This is all Hudlin's fault. mad She gets spanked and runs crying back to Wakanda.

The thread maker is just an attention-getter.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 08:10 AM
RisingStorm is currently offline Click here to Send RisingStorm a Private Message Find more posts by RisingStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RisingStorm
The thread maker is just an attention-getter.

I agree, pointless thread!

I left on my own terms, as I always should have smile rock
If I ever want to return I will, keep the faith my friends, sometimes i'll look in.

herd behavior is a comical thing.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 11:46 AM
Whirly is currently offline Click here to Send Whirly a Private Message Find more posts by Whirly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rutog98

Because, I said you sounded like one? I really don't care if you know or not, I don't know you, and I'm making an observation.

Ya... I don't go into Storm threads. All I know, is that she isn't anywhere near Superman, Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Frank Richards (omega), etc.

You do know that Namor calls on some form of lightning himself? That I'm almost certain has put down Thing. What has Storm done?
Pis out Surfer? Ya, don't use it, and if you do use it, it proves you know NOTHING of Surfer.
Oh, why doesn't she call on a rain storm?
Or put some wind in their?

Ya... she loses to Namor, and she loses bad.

When did Storm get so overated? Hudlin isn't an example either.
He completely ruined Black Panther, and you don't think he overpowered Storm (nipping it in the bud)?
Don't bring up, no possible Omega bullshit either (I remember that, from the last time I went in a Storm worship thread).
Iron Man... nuff said. Or, Iron Man knows nothing of mutants, so how can you take that seriously?

Namor's electrical abilities are nothing to Storm's and Ororo is would be immune to them. Her winds are the reason she beats Namor in a fight. She summoned winds strong enough to redirect Sienna Blazes full power. This is a lady who casually tosses a blast with enough power to sink half of Scottland Mainland, Muir Island and frying Nightcralwer to a crisp. She's can generate winds strong enough to level mountains and winds that can carry her from New Orleans to New York in a matter of minutes as well as from Austrailia to the Savage Land in Antarctica in no time flat. So she's generating winds thousands of miles per hour. Her winds are hundreds of times more forceful than real life hurricanes or tornadoes. These are all facts that cannot be refuted.

Now, if an extreme class 100 strength character were to punch Namor over and over, he will pass out eventually. Storm's winds hit harder than most of the extreme class 100 strength characters and they hit continually and they blanket the entire area which makes them unavoidable. Namor has no real way to block the winds. She can also use heat to weaken him and dry him out. I don't see what Namor can do against those winds of hers. He's defenseless.

As far as Storm being Omega, I've always felt that she was prior to Hudlin's comment. There are plenty of stories that substantiate this. She has summoned the full power of millions of stars. Claremont stated in an interview that Storm's powers were equal to that of the Phoenix of the 80s (so it would be the actual force since at that time, it was a possession when the interview was written). Her potnetial has been compared to that of Dark Phoenix. Storm has the potential to evolve and wield ultimate, infinitie power like Dark Phoenix. She is a mortal with the power of a goddess. This is stated in canon as well as by CC. There is no way Iceman can be considered omega and not Storm. To me its really silly how people can complain about Storm, but not Iceman being omega. Ororo has a unity with life itself. She's able to assimilate the life energies of stars and planets. She can perceive the entire universe as patters of energy and forces and bend them to her will. This includes stars, planets, empty space, matter, energy, etc. Uncanny 165-166 and 145-147 really gets into all of this. She can control every elemental force. I can remember a story arc even where she kidnapped to another dimension. There she faced 3 elemental god-beings called the Trion. These beings were the personification of the elemental forces that compsed the dimension. The Trion was the sum of everything the dimension had been in the past, was at the present and will be in the future. She single-handedly overpowered them in combat and effectively defeated them. Remember how Uncanny 166 said that she can bed empty space to her will? Guess what, in this Trion arc, there was a tear between two realities. They threatened to smash into each other to their mutual destruction. She single-handedly mended the tear.

Storm's powers is limited by the force of her will and the strength of her body. Canon. However, her body limits her only because she allows it to. She places mental blocks/limits/restraint on herself and forces herself to work within boundaries. This taxes her body. When she does not exercise restraint, she evolves as we saw in Uncanny 147.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 07:50 PM
Rutog98 is currently offline Click here to Send Rutog98 a Private Message Find more posts by Rutog98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rutog98

What really throws off your list is Namor. If he is a top tier character, then so is Storm easily. She's vastly more powerful than he.

And by the way, when Hudlin explores Storm's omega potential, they are usable in this debate as it will be canon. I will keep you updated as the issues come out as you can bet your bottom dollar I will use every major stunt she pulls in these versus threads. It seems to me you people are just sour grapes because the character is an omega mutant and it takes her out of the box that you put her in. What you don't see is she's always been omega and she's always been out of that box/category you are trying to regulate her to. Anywhoo, I'm going to read about powerful Storm, Mistress of the Elements. big grin

Last edited by Rutog98 on Jan 28th, 2007 at 08:01 PM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 07:57 PM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Namor's electrical abilities are nothing to Storm's and Ororo is would be immune to them.

Now, if an extreme class 100 strength character were to punch Namor over and over, he will pass out eventually. Storm's winds hit harder than most of the extreme class 100 strength characters and they hit continually and they blanket the entire area which makes them unavoidable.

I seem to recall a time when Magneto redirected Storm's OWN ligntning back at her and it hurt her considerably.

And Storm's winds punch harder than the Hulk? Than Classic Juggernaut? When did this ever happen? There's not a chance in hell that her winds could punch harder than ANY class 100 character. It's just pure bull unless you can back it up with comic evidence (and not a metaphor or exaggeration, but clear proof that her winds hit harder than a class 100).

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 07:59 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

What really throws off your list is Namor. If he is a top tier character, then so is Storm easily. She's vastly more powerful than he.

Namor has done this consistenly more powerful than Storm ever could. If you haven't already checked out the Respect thread, I recommend you head back there again.

Storm is JUST below Top Tier. Namor IS Top Tier.

Quick note: Since Cyclops can take out Storm, does that make him Top Tier?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 08:04 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

There is no way Iceman can be considered omega and not Storm. To me its really silly how people can complain about Storm, but not Iceman being omega.

Do not go there. Just don't no expression

Unlike Storm, Iceman has been stated to have great potential since his birth as a character. He has been making advancements in power while Storm has basically been the same day in and day out. It is not about power level, but about power LIMITS. This is of course meaning nothing to you right? Iceman has no limit, so in time his power LEVEL will increase beyond anything even I can imagine. I mean he did beat Oblivion and the Stranger. He can connect to "everything" and be everywhere at once. Please do not breath Iceman's name in the same sentence as Storm to try and prove that Storm should be omega, when obviously the guys up in Marvel? They do not care enough for her to make her one.

Plus no one complains for one very simple reason. Iceman has been stated to be omega. Storm has not. Innocent till proven guilty. Or non omega till proven otherwise.

Also I would be one of those guys that "lurk" the storm threads because I find them interesting. Not in a good way though. More like a train wreck you cannot look away from. While some of the guys might be a little overboard with the comments, none of your comments have made any real sense, and you have not "enlightened" anyone with your repeated words based on a handfull of comics that you claim make her "dark pheonix level" Cosmic entity
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Mutant that controls weather. Wonder why she gets knocked out so many times erm

So please. Do me a favor. Until you find a panel that states in cannon that Storm is actually, officially, and confirmed an Omega level mutant do not bring it up again. And do not presume to have given anyone knowledge until you open your own myopic view of who and what Storm really is. A mutant. Yes. Powerful? Sure. Able to beat almost everyone you think she can? Hell no.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 08:05 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote