KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » He-man vs Hercules

He-man vs Hercules
Started by: GoBotsLive

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GoBotsLive

He-man vs Hercules

I’ve always imagined this would be a good contest. However, I would put my money on Hercules 9/10. Before anyone begins to flame, at least consider my points.

Although He-man is considered the “Most Powerful Man in the Universe,” this doesn’t really fly. He-man’s the most powerful in the MOTU Universe, not Marvel or DC (although they have both done MOTU comics in the past). Also, what exactly is meant by “powerful?” Is he the strongest or quickest, etc..? Remember that this is a universe that is comprised of people like Moss Man, Beast Man, Tri-clops, Merman, Skeletor, etc... All of whom He-man has trouble dealing with.

He-man continues to get props for off-the-wall writing, but his strength is suspect at times. People tend to cite the example from DC Comics #47 “From Eternia with Death” as an example of He-man’s strength. Unfortunately, if you’ve ever read the comic, it’s quite misleading. Superman defeated He-man with less than 3 blows and he was holding back. In fact, Skeletor even states something in the lines of “I’ve never seen anyone defeat He-man so thoroughly.” This is implied, because even as Superman is under Skeletor’s spell, he continues to fight against it until he breaks the spell.

Meanwhile Hercules has faced the likes of Hulk, Thor and other super villians and heroes. He actually knows “how to” fight. He-man usually gets help from Man-At-Arms, Teela and the Sorceress. Honestly, He-man lacks the tenacity and fighting prowess to take on anyone other an MOTU villians.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 08:08 PM
GoBotsLive is currently offline Click here to Send GoBotsLive a Private Message Find more posts by GoBotsLive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
endrict
Restricted

Account Restricted

Been here done that, please use search.

Sig done by me.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 08:16 PM
endrict is currently offline Click here to Send endrict a Private Message Find more posts by endrict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GoBotsLive

quote: (post)
Originally posted by endrict
Been here done that, please use search.

Well, I did do a search and this is what I found: He-man vs Hercules vs Thor (link not permitted)

It's a three-way melee between He-man, Hercules and Thor in which people are giving our Golden Boy from Eternia WAY too much props.

Read where someone says "He-man made himself as strong as PC Superman and can make himself 1000 x stronger." Jeesuz... If he could do that, then why would villians on Eternia even bother. Yet, Hordak and Skeletor continue to present problems.

Again, if you ever read this comic, it was a poorly written cross-over in which Superman pwns He-man in less than one page.

It's implied that Superman is more powerful than Greyskull because Skeletor summons a being capable of "DEFEATING HE-MAN." Also, Superman was in the midst of destroying Castle Greyskull, the source of He-man's supposed infinite power, before he snapped out of Skeletor's power.

Therefore the questions arise:

If He-man was so infinitely powerful, why would Skeletor's spell bring Superman to defeat him?

If the power of Greyskull is so powerful, then why would Superman be a threat?

You see, He-man is somewhat of an inconsistent character. I remember his origins as a barbarian with better than average strength. Then on the cartoon, I believe they said he had the strength of 100 men. Then in the comics, they power him up to Superman strength level, in rare occasions. But his median range is less than admirable compared to other super heroes.

In a universe that includes the Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Iron Man and Superman, etc... He-man is toast.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 08:56 PM
GoBotsLive is currently offline Click here to Send GoBotsLive a Private Message Find more posts by GoBotsLive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: He-man vs Hercules

Originally posted by GoBotsLive
I’ve always imagined this would be a good contest. However, I would put my money on Hercules 9/10. Before anyone begins to flame, at least consider my points.

Although He-man is considered the “Most Powerful Man in the Universe,” this doesn’t really fly. He-man’s the most powerful in the MOTU Universe, not Marvel or DC (although they have both done MOTU comics in the past). Also, what exactly is meant by “powerful?” Is he the strongest or quickest, etc..? Remember that this is a universe that is comprised of people like Moss Man, Beast Man, Tri-clops, Merman, Skeletor, etc... All of whom He-man has trouble dealing with.

He-man continues to get props for off-the-wall writing, but his strength is suspect at times. People tend to cite the example from DC Comics #47 “From Eternia with Death” as an example of He-man’s strength. Unfortunately, if you’ve ever read the comic, it’s quite misleading. Superman defeated He-man with less than 3 blows and he was holding back. In fact, Skeletor even states something in the lines of “I’ve never seen anyone defeat He-man so thoroughly.” This is implied, because even as Superman is under Skeletor’s spell, he continues to fight against it until he breaks the spell.

Meanwhile Hercules has faced the likes of Hulk, Thor and other super villians and heroes. He actually knows “how to” fight. He-man usually gets help from Man-At-Arms, Teela and the Sorceress. Honestly, He-man lacks the tenacity and fighting prowess to take on anyone other an MOTU villians.

good thread. he-man wins

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 09:21 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

I'd be inclined to agree. He-man is QUITE inconsistent, and though he has a few outlier showings that may put him in the same tier as Hercules, I would NEVER say that He-Man has any sort of 'unlimited' or even quasi-unlimited strength. He doesn't.

Meh.

As far as the fight goes, though, I doubt it'd be a curbstomp, and I believe He-Man has quite a few mystical powers via his sword that we must take into account as well.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 09:28 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

He's got a respect thread now, ya know....because most KMC battles involving him to this point involve mostly speculation.

Anyway, I'd side with He-Man. Excellent combat speed and fighting skills, and he definitely has strength feats that put him in Herc's bracket or beyond.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 09:37 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by DigiMark007
He's got a respect thread now, ya know....because most KMC battles involving him to this point involve mostly speculation.

Anyway, I'd side with He-Man. Excellent combat speed and fighting skills, and he definitely has strength feats that put him in Herc's bracket or beyond.

Too true, I forgot about He-man's impressive speed.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 09:44 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GoBotsLive

Originally posted by Soljer
He-Man has quite a few mystical powers via his sword that we must take into account as well.

The Power Sword is primarily a conductor from which to channel the Power of Greyskull unto Adam. Other than that, when was the last time He-man used it to weld a devastating attack.

Also, you must consider that whenever He-man is in need of much power, it's through the sorceress. She also acts as a conductor, channeling power to He-man.

Anyway, I recall reading quite a few He-man comics in the day when I was a fan. He never really had combat skills or speed to speak of. Even if he did, it was seldom used. I seem to remember him being captured more than once by Hordak with nothing more than energy beams. Also, even Beastman was a handful when they first met.

Like I said, other than the campy Superman cross-over, He-man's never faced any as formidable as Hercules. He has trouble with giant rock monsters, snake men and cheezy side-kicks. Blondie is out of his league in this fight.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 10:17 PM
GoBotsLive

Re: Re: He-man vs Hercules

Originally posted by guy222
good thread. he-man wins

ROTFLOL at all the threads stating He-man can beat the Hulk, Thor, Superman and other super heroes. This is a muscle-bound meathead who gets pwned by Hordak and Skeletor every now and then. Dr. Strange could kick Hordak's @ss any day.

And Skeletor... Let me just say that if Hulk, Thor or even Wolverine lived in Eternia, Skeletor would be no more.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 10:37 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by GoBotsLive
ROTFLOL at all the threads stating He-man can beat the Hulk, Thor, Superman and other super heroes. This is a muscle-bound meathead who gets pwned by Hordak and Skeletor every now and then. Dr. Strange could kick Hordak's @ss any day.

And Skeletor... Let me just say that if Hulk, Thor or even Wolverine lived in Eternia, Skeletor would be no more.

Doctor Strange could also kick the ass of Superman, Hulk, Thor, and He Man. Simultaneously.

So saying that Doc Strange is superior to Hordak, isn't really putting Hordak down.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 11:10 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Where is Battlecat in all this?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 21st, 2007 12:05 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

So we're downgrading He-Man because he's not in a mainstream universe??

*sigh*

...lemme go get some stuff to bring this to a more reasonable debate...

Hurling a gemstone across Eternia at “22 miles a second”.
http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?...82462241xl3.jpg

Punches Skeletor a long, long way away
http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10fk0.jpg
http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11xd7.jpg

He can create a forcefield with his power vest to shield him from attack
http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10aa3.jpg

A mind-numbing display of speed as he deflects multiple laser beams simultaneously
http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s3fr6.jpg

....and as for the sword just being a conduit for his strength:

Here he absorbs lightning-bolt energy from a storm into his sword. The storm, at Skeletor's bidding, had pooled all of its energy into attacking He-Man, so he's basically absorbing the entire electrical output of a large storm system.
http://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=40zr4.jpg

Projects an energy blast from his sword
http://img46.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sw1og3.jpg

Shoots an immobilizing ray from the sword to paralyze Hordak
http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sw2yj3.jpg

And heck, that's just "Classic" HM. We could bust out more current feats as well (and Battle Cat, I would assume).

Seriously though, a few half-remembered comics from childhood and a sketchy forum rep isn't really grounds for having him job all over the place unless you have reasoned points to back them up, although I realize that not really many people have a good conception of his power levels, so this sort of thing is common around here.

Anyway, He-Man wins.

Last edited by Digi on Feb 21st, 2007 at 01:07 AM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2007 12:24 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GoBotsLive

So we're downgrading He-Man because he's not in a mainstream universe??

No, we’re downgrading him because his feats are based on sketchy, circumstantial evidence and off-the-wall writing that isn’t consistent with the character.

Originally posted by DigiMark007 Hurling a gemstone across Eternia at “22 miles a second”.[/B]

So what? And that gemstone is like what, less than 100 lbs. Doesn’t look too big. Also, the distance is inconclusive. Heck, Hercules is a discuss thrower too.

Punches Skeletor a long, long way away[/B]

Oh, whoopee doo... Skeletor, who has no super strength to speak of, goes flying a few yards (look at the comic again, he didn’t go all that far). Hercules does this on a regular basis against OTHER super-heroes and villians.

Originally posted by DigiMark007 He can create a forcefield with his power vest to shield him from attack[/B]

Puahahaha... Read it carefully. Is it the shield (which the beam hits) that is created from the same material as his power vest or really his power vest. Either way, it’s open to debate and another example of He-man’s inconsistency - why doesn’t he use this all the time?

Originally posted by DigiMark007 A mind-numbing display of speed as he deflects multiple laser beams simultaneously[/B]

Seems more like Skeletor is a bad shot. But anyway, why couldn’t he do this against Zodiac? Again, another example of inconsistency. Also, it doesn’ conclusively prove his fighting speed, for when he clashes swords with skeletor, this speed is no where to be seen.

....and as for the sword just being a conduit for his strength:

Here he absorbs lightning-bolt energy from a storm into his sword. The storm, at Skeletor's bidding, had pooled all of its energy into attacking He-Man, so he's basically absorbing the entire electrical output of a large storm system.[/B]

LOL... You really are getting desparate... Read your own evidence carefully. It NEVER states that the sword absorbs any electrical storm. Basically, He-man deflects the BEAM. Once again, we have another showing of He-man’s awesome power - deflecting a thunderbolt with his sword. I’m speechless.

Originally posted by DigiMark007 Projects an energy blast from his sword

A blast that causes a few stones from the ground to fly... Hercules could level the ground with a punch.

Originally posted by DigiMark007 Shoots an immobilizing ray from the sword to paralyze Hordak[/B]

And Hordak is comparable to any villian Hercules has fought? I don’t think so. First of all, Hordak was holding off both Man-At-Arms and Skeletor at bay, which was draining his energy (read your own evidence). Second of all, other than his magic, Hordak has no super strength to speak of either. So all this attack accomplish was immobize someone with no powers at his disposable. Real impressive.

Originally posted by DigiMark007 And heck, that's just "Classic" HM. We could bust out more current feats as well (and Battle Cat, I would assume).

Seriously though, a few half-remembered comics from childhood and a sketchy forum rep isn't really grounds for having him job all over the place unless you have reasoned points to back them up, although I realize that not really many people have a good conception of his power levels, so this sort of thing is common around here.

Anyway, He-Man wins. [/B]

Classic He-man had more power than modern He-man, due to cheezy writing. Also, “YES” my memory of He-man comics is limited since I sold them all long ago, but I remember enough about the Character to realize he’s out of his league against other characters. The comic book He-man was never as well developed as the cartoon, probably because the comic was passed along many companies.

Anyway, the evidence you’ve provided doesn’t hold any weight against Hercules. Herc wins big time.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2007 04:02 PM
Adam_PoE

He-Man has the equivocal endurance, resistance to injury, and strength of a demigod.

He-Man also has an indestructible Sword of Power that can project mystical energy and open inter-dimensional gateways.

In "Taking of Grayskull," He-Man not only lifts Castle Grayskull, but hurls it with sufficient force to exceed the gravitational pull of a whitehole.

In "Trouble In Arcadia," He-Man lifts an entire city.

In "Stone City," He-Man moves an entire mountain range.

In "Eternal Darkness," He-Man hurls a planet into orbit.

In "She-Demon of Phantos," He-Man breaks chains fashioned out of an indestructable mineral.

In "Awaken the Serpent," He-Man kills the god, Serpos.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:15 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
In "Eternal Darkness," He-Man hurls a planet into orbit.
I don't really get this one...

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:22 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by bigbran

Beat me to it.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:43 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by bigbran

A planet on a collision course with Eternia is hurled into orbit by He-Man. What is there not to get?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 02:49 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
A planet on a collision course with Eternia is hurled into orbit by He-Man. What is there not to get?

Most planets are in orbit of something. It seems like an odd feat out of context.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 02:51 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

How does he "hurl" it if hes in outer space? or was he in outer space?

I'm a little confused too, how do you "hurl" a planet into orbit thats on a collision course?

I mean did it enter the upper atmosphere or what?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 02:55 AM
Hercules is currently offline Click here to Send Hercules a Private Message Find more posts by Hercules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Hercules
How does he "hurl" it if hes in outer space? or was he in outer space?

I'm a little confused too, how do you "hurl" a planet into orbit thats on a collision course?

I mean did it enter the upper atmosphere or what?

I assume a great amount of comic book physcis was involved in order to allow the planets to get that close together.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 02:59 AM