KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » X-Man vs. Quasar

X-Man vs. Quasar
Started by: id369

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

X-Man vs. Quasar

Well Shaman X-Man merges with Jesus Cable to gain his knowledge and expirece.
Is it enough to take down Quasar?

Rules
To The Death
No PIS/CIS

Old Post Mar 11th, 2007 07:00 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

You serious. If he only gains knowledge then Quantum Bands with Quasar for the win. Cosmic Powaaa

But Shaman Nate has some impessive trciks.

But if Cable and Nate fuse together Qusar got no chance.

Although Shaman Nate goes on thanks to his telekinetic energies. Quasar can drain that along with his life.

NO telekinetic energy --> no power --> One blast from Q --> Nate dead

Old Post Mar 11th, 2007 07:06 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rewmac
You serious. If he only gains knowledge then Quantum Bands with Quasar for the win. Cosmic Powaaa

But Shaman Nate has some impessive trciks.

But if Cable and Nate fuse together Qusar got no chance.

Although Shaman Nate goes on thanks to his telekinetic energies. Quasar can drain that along with his life.

NO telekinetic energy --> no power --> One blast from Q --> Nate dead

Yeah I merged X-Man and Cable as an excuse to use both of their feats.

But I think you will agree that their I no power upgrade. Both tape into virtually limitless psionic powers.
And in any case say X-Man did gain 2 times more power, he still cant use it.
As his he cant even begin to wield his true power, much less twice as much.
But going with the idea that infinity times infinity = infinity. I doubt he gained any power, just knowledge.

As for the match itself, I really want to see how a TK/TP/Psy wielder would stack up to an energy manipulator of his caliber.

It seems interesting to me, because I find X-Man and Cable ridiculous characters with limitless potential, capable of doing virtually anything thanks to their control of matter to their subatomic level.

I want to see what other members have to say about this matter.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2007 07:25 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: X-Man vs. Quasar

Originally posted by id369
Well Shaman X-Man merges with Jesus Cable to gain his knowledge and expirece.
Is it enough to take down Quasar?

Rules
To The Death
No PIS/CIS

Nate Grey

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 11th, 2007 07:32 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

bump

I am having a hard time gouging Nate, I am tring to find out if he could hang with the big boys (around Herald, Thor, Gladiator).

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 01:47 PM
guy222
With my gal

bump

I am having a hard time gouging Nate, I am tring to find out if he could hang with the big boys (around Herald, Thor, Gladiator).

He 'died' fighting Qabiri. I say easily

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 03:46 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by guy222
He 'died' fighting Qabiri. I say easily

He was defeated in his encounter with Qabiri, but he did not die.

But your right he was not at his level….but Qabiri is also hard to gouge.
He himself was a high level psionic character, and controlled raw energy fairly well.

He did burn alternate reality Thor with no effort, and went around blowing up planets like a bad habit.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 06:40 PM
guy222
With my gal

He was defeated in his encounter with Qabiri, but he did not die.

But your right he was not at his level….but Qabiri is also hard to gouge.
He himself was a high level psionic character, and controlled raw energy fairly well.

He did burn alternate reality Thor with no effort, and went around blowing up planets like a bad habit.

Nate has the potential, it appears greater than Frankie Richards. Can I ask u, who were all those beings before Nate died. I need to re read my issues. Nate 'died' in Xman #75

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 08:01 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by guy222
Nate has the potential, it appears greater than Frankie Richards. Can I ask u, who were all those beings before Nate died. I need to re read my issues. Nate 'died' in Xman #75

Yeah Nate died fighting that alien in issue 75.
Ill call him the Harvest (I do not remember his name being mentioned).

But he did not die at the Hands of Qabiri.

I do not remember the names of all the members that died at the hand of Qabiri, but an alternate reality Thor was one of them.

Nate is an Alpha level mutant. His power is limitless, yet his body will never be able to hand the strain.

Young Franklin is an Omega, his potential is said to equal a Celestial….but in a what if, he replaced Galactus, and even revived Galactus in the 616 time line.
His body can handle the strain, or will eventually transcend to Cosmic Scale.

Nate is barely able to handle Silver Surfer, with out burning out to soon.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 09:26 PM
guy222
With my gal

Yeah Nate died fighting that alien in issue 75.
Ill call him the Harvest (I do not remember his name being mentioned).

But he did not die at the Hands of Qabiri.

I do not remember the names of all the members that died at the hand of Qabiri, but an alternate reality Thor was one of them.

Nate is an Alpha level mutant. His power is limitless, yet his body will never be able to hand the strain.

Young Franklin is an Omega, his potential is said to equal a Celestial….but in a what if, he replaced Galactus, and even revived Galactus in the 616 time line.
His body can handle the strain, or will eventually transcend to Cosmic Scale.

Nate is barely able to handle Silver Surfer, with out burning out to soon.

Great info smile I would say when Celestials made the mutants, in their own special way some burn out, others don't. Nate is quite powerful. Franklin=Celestial. Ashema the Listener holds him in esteem. As do, the Celestial race.

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 09:29 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Shaman Xman i dont think will burn out,in the stryfe storyline his mental blockers put in by the AOA sinister were burned out,he had all his Known powers(at the time) and more,The Shaman Xman arch he had the body problem fixed( by another Nate)
Can Xman burn out ? my comics arent with me

He was seen manifesting the phoenix effect !
Nate was not around during the LABELING of OMEGA mutants( if i am wrong sorry), being compared to phoenix,franklin richards, and on panel being called potentially(because of his age & experience) the most powerfull,by heroes and villians,he did insane things,

If you ask me Nate Grey was a Omega mutant,in my opinon

i can understand people who would debate it and that is cool with me,i cant prove it with on panel evidence,so i wont argue,

Nate/Merged
what makes me choose them, experience and it is to the death

Quasar and Nate are in my top five favorites
i hate and love this thread for making me choose lol

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 10:25 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by starlock
Shaman Xman i dont think will burn out,in the stryfe storyline his mental blockers put in by the AOA sinister were burned out,he had all his Known powers(at the time) and more,The Shaman Xman arch he had the body problem fixed( by another Nate)

Nate was not around during the LABELING of OMEGA mutants( if i am wrong sorry), being compared to phoenix,franklin richards, and on panel being called potentially(because of his age & experience) the most powerfull,by heroes and villians,he did insane things,

i can understand people who would debate it and that is cool with me,i cant prove it with on panel evidence,so i wont argue,

Nate/Merged

Reading about Frankie and Nate. They are very similar and quite powerful. I understand why Onslaught fears Frankie

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 10:57 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote:

When he merged with the other Nate, it allowed him to embedded the X mark in his chest.
This was to overcome the expiration date, set by Mr. Sinister to go off on his 21st B-Day as a safety percussion. He still burns out, if he tries to tap into more power then what his body can handle.
He mentions this one last time in issue 75.

quote:

He manifested the phoenix effect, and then lost conscious from being outside Earths orbit.
For one he can manifest what ever astral projection he desires, so I am not even sure if he can manifest it, when there is a phoenix host/avatar alive already.

quote:

Oh ok, well Magneto can also wild infinite amount of energy as long as its bounded to the electro magnetic spectrum. Coincidently just about everything is effected by it in one way or another. But because his body can not handle the strain of high power, and he will never be able to transcend. Magneto is labeled an Alpha level mutant.

This holds true for Nate as well. But I just think fine control of Psy powers makes you even cheaper (and more powerful) character, then say someone who control EMS.

I would say you need to requirements to be labled an Omega Mutant.
1 - Infinite potential (check for Nate)
2 - Ability to Physically Transcend or handle that power with out burning out.

X-Man 51.
Something interesting. It is often debated weather Nate (Stryfe or Cable for that matter), are truly Omega level.

Well I always thought he was not, simply because his body could never harness such power.
Omega tend to transcends that kind of hindrance and have the possibility to attain cosmic hood, with out burning themselves out.

In any case, in X-Man 51
There is a scan that states “Alpha Psi” codename X “Nate Grey”.
(please log in to view the image)
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/...man51p08ej9.jpg

His power places the world in danger (This seems to be the limit for an Alpha level mutant.)
(please log in to view the image)
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/...man51p09xc0.jpg

Know I know the statements could be interpreted in a different manner, but for know that is all I can fall back on.

quote:

Nate/Merged

Kick ass, I am a huge Nate Fan….but I am not sure who would win.

Last edited by "Id" on Mar 13th, 2007 at 02:37 PM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 02:31 PM
guy222
With my gal

When he merged with the other Nate, it allowed him to embedded the X mark in his chest.
This was to overcome the expiration date, set by Mr. Sinister to go off on his 21st B-Day as a safety percussion. He still burns out, if he tries to tap into more power then what his body can handle.

He manifested the phoenix effect, and then lost conscious from being outside Earths orbit.
For one he can manifest what ever astral projection he desires, so I am not even sure if he can manifest it, when there is a phoenix host/avatar alive already.

Oh ok, well Magneto can also wild infinite amount of energy as long as its bounded to the electro magnetic spectrum. Coincidently just about everything is effected by it in one way or another. But because his body can not handle the strain of high power, and he will never be able to transcend. Magneto is labeled an Alpha level mutant.

This holds true for Nate as well. But I just think fine control of Psy powers makes you even cheaper (and more powerful) character, then say someone who control EMS.

I concur about Nate. I love all those mutants. Quasar and the bands are impressive. I go for Nate Grey

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 05:08 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Thank you smile i was not sure about my stance and thanks for the dose of information,it is good to know and now i know
"and knowing is half the battle" GI.JOE a real american hero.......... smile

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 05:29 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote