KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » 300 spartans VS The companions of the Hall

300 spartans VS The companions of the Hall
Started by: capt it up

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dum Dum Dugan

300 spartans VS The companions of the Hall

300 spartans

vs

The companions of the hall from forgotten realms

Drizzt, Bruenor, Wulgar and Catt. Bruenors daughter with full equiptments

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 06:15 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Companions

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 06:30 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by grey fox
Companions

I agree with you

bruenor and Drizzt would both be extremely difficult to put down. wulfgar has the strength and powerful weapon to destroy there formations and catt. can reak havok with her bow.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 06:31 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

bump?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 07:38 AM
MightyEInherjar
Two Ravens Above Us

I think the Companions can win so long as they survive the possible volley of 300 spears at the beginning.

Only ones I could see going down are Wulfgar and Catti-Brie. I could see Wulfgar getting a little too cocky and wading into them all killing a bunch, sure, but eventually getting skewered by a few spears. That might not bring him down, but I think he'd accumulate enough wounds to stop him.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 06:49 PM
MightyEInherjar is currently offline Click here to Send MightyEInherjar a Private Message Find more posts by MightyEInherjar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassadar
Executor

The 300 win. The Companions wouldn't be able to take 300 orcs at once by themselves, unless they had the advantage of fighting them in small groups (IE, in a building or cave). Spartans >>>> Orcs. Cattie-Brie kills the most, thanks to Heartseeker and Khazidea (still dont know how to spell the damn swords name).

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 07:42 PM
Tassadar is currently offline Click here to Send Tassadar a Private Message Find more posts by Tassadar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Tassadar
The 300 win. The Companions wouldn't be able to take 300 orcs at once by themselves, unless they had the advantage of fighting them in small groups (IE, in a building or cave). Spartans >>>> Orcs. Cattie-Brie kills the most, thanks to Heartseeker and Khazidea (still dont know how to spell the damn swords name).

Bruenor fought more then 300 orcs by him self on at least three occassions.

At one point he literally fought 1000's and killed so many orcs in one day that it surpassed the amount of kills he has had in many years prior combind

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 10:30 PM
Tassadar
Executor

Originally posted by capt it up
Bruenor fought more then 300 orcs by him self on at least three occassions.

At one point he literally fought 1000's and killed so many orcs in one day that it surpassed the amount of kills he has had in many years prior combind

Maybe, but he wasnt alone. He had an army of dwarves backing him, along with most of the Companions. Its easier to fight when you have people to keep you from getting surrounded and stabbed in the back.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 12:33 AM
Tassadar is currently offline Click here to Send Tassadar a Private Message Find more posts by Tassadar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Tassadar
Maybe, but he wasnt alone. He had an army of dwarves backing him, along with most of the Companions. Its easier to fight when you have people to keep you from getting surrounded and stabbed in the back.

Yup...and...as said,

Spartans > Orcs.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:18 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExtraMision5555
SKELLETIL RESARCH

Originally posted by Soljer

Spartans >>> Orcs.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:28 AM
ExtraMision5555 is currently offline Click here to Send ExtraMision5555 a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraMision5555 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Spartans >>>> Orcs.

Better?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:32 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Yup...and...as said,

Spartans > Orcs.

I'm not a ForgottenRealms expert but doesn't it depend heavily on the individual orc?

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:34 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Obviously you can have elite orcs....but in general, a Sparatan will be superior to an Orc the same way that in general, a Kree will be superior to a Human.

Even though there are exceptional humans.

Basically, Orcs might as well be Hand Ninjas.

Do you think 'Spartans > Hand Ninjas' would depend heavily upon the individual ninja? confused

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:39 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Obviously you can have elite orcs....but in general, a Sparatan will be superior to an Orc the same way that in general, a Kree will be superior to a Human.

Even though there are exceptional humans.

Basically, Orcs might as well be Hand Ninjas.

Do you think 'Spartans > Hand Ninjas' would depend heavily upon the individual ninja? confused

In many fictional worlds orcs (and orc like character) tend to be cookie cutter warriors with various levels. ie Uruks vs Orcs in LotR.

I meant type of orc not individual.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:42 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Oh.

Well, I could be mistaken, but I do believe that in Forgotten Realms, Orc is a single race.

Someone can correct me if they please, and like I said, there are exceptions, but in general....an orc is an orc is an orc.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:45 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Capt's playing up Bruenor way too much. And I actually think the Companions bite it hard....and this coming from a big fan of Drizzt and company.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:54 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Can't Drizzit force this into blind fighting where he (and I would assume people who spend time with the guy) would have an advantage?

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:55 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Can't Drizzit force this into blind fighting where he (and I would assume people who spend time with the guy) would have an advantage?

For a few of them, sure. But not for all 300. I don't remember any drow making mroe than a few globes of darkness at once, and even that might be an exaggeration.

He'd be the toughest to bring down, no doubt, but the discipline and numbers advantage I just think is too much.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:57 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

i really like this thread
Can terrain make a diffrence in this battle?
What is the terrain for this match

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 02:20 AM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassadar
Executor

Originally posted by starlock
i really like this thread
Can terrain make a diffrence in this battle?
What is the terrain for this match

You have a good point. The terrain factors into this heavily, if its in a choke point the Companions can neutralize the Spartans numbers advantage (ironically exactly how the Spartans inflicted so much damage in their battle at Thermopylae). It doesn't give them a majority, but it definitely increases their odds.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 02:31 AM