KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Orion vs. Dr. Strange

Orion vs. Dr. Strange
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Orion vs. Dr. Strange

Who wins? smile

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 05:13 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by batdude123
Who wins? smile
Dr. Orion.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 05:14 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who ever hits whom first. Dr. Strange has all kinds of power but no durability against an astro blast. and Orion is kinda slow witted.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 05:23 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eh, I can't tell really.

First I thought BFR, but the boomtube makes it impossible. Then I thought Strange can take a instantaneous teleport to another dimension and come back in Astral form, but, knowing what the astro force is, it'd still probably work on an astral form.
Same goes from Strange's shields. He can handle any physical attack from Orion, but the AF might crack his shield.

New Gods are immune to telepathy & transmutation, I believe, so that's not working either.
It's a weird fight because Orion seems to have a counter defense/attack for whatever Strange does.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 05:32 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by long pig
Eh, I can't tell really.

First I thought BFR, but the boomtube makes it impossible. Then I thought Strange can take a instantaneous teleport to another dimension and come back in Astral form, but, knowing what the astro force is, it'd still probably work on an astral form.
Same goes from Strange's shields. He can handle any physical attack from Orion, but the AF might crack his shield.

New Gods are immune to telepathy & transmutation, I believe, so that's not working either.
It's a weird fight because Orion seems to have a counter defense/attack for whatever Strange does.

You think Orion could crack Strange's shields? See, that's a bit iffy to me. Considering all of the things those shields have taken before. Not to mention his automated shields.

And couldn't Strange just give him a couple blasts that are = to supernovas or whatever?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 05:35 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

You think Orion could crack Strange's shields? See, that's a bit iffy to me. Considering all of the things those shields have taken before. Not to mention his automated shields.

And couldn't Strange just give him a couple blasts that are = to supernovas or whatever?

Depends. Orion can hurt abstract lvl beings with the blast. Stranges auto shields shouldn't be as strong as the ones he has to conjure and concentrate on. But still, They shouldn't hold up to the astro force. Strange has many many more ways to attack. So i would give him the edge in this fight. But who knows if strange could over come the mother box and all her tricks.

Last edited by nvrbeenwthagirl on Apr 3rd, 2007 at 05:45 AM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 05:42 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Depends. Orion can hurt abstract lvl beings with the blast. Stranges auto shields should be as strong as the ones he has to conjure and concentrate on. But still, They shouldn't hold up to the astro force. Strange has many many more ways to attack. So i would give him the edge in this fight. But who knows if strange could over come the mother box and all her tricks.

That's pretty much how I saw it.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 05:44 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know what you're saying, but it's just the AF is totally different from any thing Strange has ever taken. It has it's own rules because it's neither magic or science based. Strange wouldn't have a defense for it because it doesn't exist in Marvel.

As for Orion taking a blast from Strange, I don't know if it'd take him out. Not only does Orion have Superman durability, he's got a force field that really can't be broken. Hell, it took the omega blast.

The only way I can give Strange a win is if he took the wuss way out by time stopping or using his eye to absorb the astro-blasts.

They both can win, it's just they have some conflicting powers.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 05:48 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shit, didn't even think about the Mother Box. That damn thing is almost a match for Mjolnir. I've always saw it was mjolnir-lite.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 05:50 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

I know what you're saying, but it's just the AF is totally different from any thing Strange has ever taken. It has it's own rules because it's neither magic or science based. Strange wouldn't have a defense for it because it doesn't exist in Marvel.

As for Orion taking a blast from Strange, I don't know if it'd take him out. Not only does Orion have Superman durability, he's got a force field that really can't be broken. Hell, it took the omega blast.

The only way I can give Strange a win is if he took the wuss way out by time stopping or using his eye to absorb the astro-blasts.

They both can win, it's just they have some conflicting powers.

Agreed.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 05:52 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Shit, didn't even think about the Mother Box. That damn thing is almost a match for Mjolnir. I've always saw it was mjolnir-lite.

Correct, but doesn't he normally just use the motherbox to supress his rage? I know he can do A LOT more with it, but in a fight, he relies more on the astro-force.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 05:54 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, it uses a lot of juice to supress Orion's rage.....but does Strange REALLY want to face a full bore bat-shit pissed off Orion who's being pumped by an even more potent astro force?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 06:00 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Yeah, it uses a lot of juice to supress Orion's rage.....but does Strange REALLY want to face a full bore bat-shit pissed off Orion who's being pumped by an even more potent astro force?

So you think I should take the mb away from Orion in this fight?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 06:01 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you think I should take the mb away from Orion in this fight?

No. Hell no. Strange has too many powers. The MB is needed.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 06:02 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah, I can still think up a few ways both could win. It's not lopsided, just hard to call.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 06:03 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

bump

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 07:06 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

"Ladies and gentlemen, put together a warm round of applause, for the return of TricksterPriest!"

Thank you, thank you. Great to be back.

This is a very hard fight to call. Like LP and Batdude said, they're pretty well matched. I'd give it narrowly to strange. Time-stopping and eye of agamotto give him the edge. The question is, can the eye absorb the AF? Or couldn't Strange tap the source or use his magic to shut down the MB?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 08:18 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

up

Old Post Apr 4th, 2007 02:48 AM
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

New Gods aren't immune to tp, iirc.

They're immune to Martian tp though, as seen in Ostranders MM series.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2007 03:17 AM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Shamanahamina bump!!!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 05:44 AM