KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » if you had to take down thanos

if you had to take down thanos
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

if you had to take down thanos

If you had to take down thanos who powers would you want so that you can get the job done.

Classic Juggernaut
Superman
Hulk
Blackbolt
Thor
God Like Cable

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 02:53 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Drax's powers . . .

[edit] from the list either Superman or Blackbolt

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 02:54 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

hell

Superman
Captain Atom
Genis-Vell
Cable
Wildfire
Nightcrawler
Question

It get's the job done

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 02:54 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Thor, no question. None of them could beat Thanos toe-to-toe. But I'd soak up a bunch of energy blasts into Mjolnir, knock Thanos back a bit, then BFR myself to Asgard or somesuch to try and find the means of actually winning.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 02:55 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Re: if you had to take down thanos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
If you had to take down thanos who powers would you want so that you can get the job done.

Superman

Blackbolt
Thor
God Like Cable

def not Juggernaut or Hulk, without flight or speed, Thanos could easily BFR me everytime into space

Blackbolt and Cable don't seem to have the necessary durability

So I'm down to Superman and Thor

Superman has speed while Thor has a powerful weapon, I'd prob go with Thor and give Thanos a taste of the mighty godblast

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 02:56 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

lol, I thought u meant mixed abilities

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 02:56 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Re: if you had to take down thanos

Classic Juggernaut
Superman
Hulk
Blackbolt
Thor
God Like Cable
Actually if I had to choose guy on that list. As long as we got time to adjust to our powers I would probably go with Juggernaut's as he is the only one who power level wise can match Thanos everyone else is just below.

I mean I know how to use his powers to make Cain a lot more versatile then just a brick guy.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 02:57 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Thor, no question. None of them could beat Thanos toe-to-toe. But I'd soak up a bunch of energy blasts into Mjolnir, knock Thanos back a bit, then BFR myself to Asgard or somesuch to try and find the means of actually winning.

I agree with you thumb up 100%, Thor has the better chace of beating him. Thor abilities is more of mach or close enough, Thor could get at least 4/10.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 02:57 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Black Bolt, I'd scream in his face, and if that didn't work, I'd slowly wait to die.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 02:59 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Black Bolt, I'd scream in his face, and if that didn't work, I'd slowly wait to die.

Always the optimist.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 03:00 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Newjak
Actually if I had to choose guy on that list. As long as we got time to adjust to our powers I would probably go with Juggernaut's as he is the only one who power level wise can match Thanos everyone else is just below.

I mean I know how to use his powers to make Cain a lot more versatile then just a brick guy.
The only thing that Juggernaut can get to Thanos's level, is his duribility.

The rest is beneath Thanos, including his strength.

Even if you knew his powers, and could be much more than a brick character, what exactly would you do to Thanos?

Also, I would totally pick Storm... it would be the t!ts.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 03:01 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Re: Re: if you had to take down thanos

Originally posted by Newjak

I totally agree with this statement. Juggernaut by faaaaaaaaaaar is the most durable on this list and is as strong could be stronger than anyone on this list and he has proven many of times to be unstoppable. He has a impenetrable force field that has never been broken into, NEVER. Juggernaut would be my chose. He could last longer than anyone on this list take much more punishment than anyone on his list and dont ever get fatigue or lose any type of power.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 03:04 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
The only thing that Juggernaut can get to Thanos's level, is his duribility.

The rest is beneath Thanos, including his strength.

Even if you knew his powers, and could be much more than a brick character, what exactly would you do to Thanos?

Also, I would totally pick Storm... it would be the t!ts.
That is a big plus because besides TP Thanos isn't putting you down through blasts and punches.

And the point is that Cain get his powers directly from a being far greater than Thanos and has more potential then everyone else on the list. Basically Cain could probably over power Thanos and I know how t use his powers so I couldn't be BFRed or TPed so then what else does Thanos have nothing.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 03:05 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Give me Darksied's powers, I'd get the job done

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 03:06 AM
Smurph
------

Doop.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 03:07 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

By the way if you need help on how strong juggernaut is read this please, every other place that i go to and read about juggernaut strength says that it is either unknown or immeasurable but this gives a more understanding answer. It was also stated the same way in the excaliber book about juggernaut strength.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/chara...asp?fldAuto=596

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 03:08 AM
Starscream M

Newjack: Juggernaut is slow as hell and can't fly. Thanos could either knock you into space where you'll be helpless until you hit something or he could just avoid you until he wants to hit you and you'd be completely helpless. I don't think that you could assume that you could create new powers with Juggernaut.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 03:09 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I'd get Kryptonian DNA, and then snatch Mjolnir from Thor by convincing Odin I'm worthy of Mjolnir, or just have him let me use it to beat the titan.

Then I'd use Mjolnir to transport both of us inside a yellow star and proceed to pummel Thanos at many times lightspeed with a combination of charged Hammer Throws, and moon splitting punches while all the while getting amped by the yellow sun radiation and absorbing Thanos's energy output with Mjolnir.

R.I.P.
Thanos

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Apr 16th, 2007 at 03:13 AM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 03:10 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

By the way if you need help on how strong juggernaut is read this please, every other place that i go to and read about juggernaut strength says that it is either unknown or immeasurable but this gives a more understanding answer. It was also stated the same way in the excaliber book about juggernaut strength.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/chara...asp?fldAuto=596

Juggernaut's unlimited strength couldn't even break him out of concrete!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 03:10 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by masterbruce
Newjack: Juggernaut is slow as hell and can't fly. Thanos could either knock you into space where you'll be helpless until you hit something or he could just avoid you until he wants to hit you and you'd be completely helpless. I don't think that you could assume that you could create new powers with Juggernaut.
I wouldn't be creating new ones just using the old ones I've already seen him do or similar things.

And he may be slow as hell but he isn't getting KOed or hurt by thanos other than through TP.

Everyone else pretty much can't take what Thanos can dish out plus Juggernaut is the only one whose power source is over Thanos on the list. I say a smart person who knows how to use Cain's abilities is the only one on the list able to take a majority over Thanoes everyone else is just scrapping for a few possible wins at best.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 03:12 AM