KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Black Adam Vs. Adam Warlock

Black Adam Vs. Adam Warlock
Started by: King Kandy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
King Kandy

Black Adam Vs. Adam Warlock

Adam Warlock has the soul gem.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:06 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Warlock, 6 or 7/10

Slight strength edge might actually go to BA. But Warlock has big-time advantages in skill, energy, and "other" department....no one's ever really shown themselves to be immune to the karmic blast, which severely inhibits cognitive function (or just knocks them out). It's like a nigh-unblockable tp blast. Durability is a push...and I'd make the case for strength as well, but I'd probably take heat for it.

Someone will yell "Soul steal" like it's the answer to everything, but it's doubtful it would work, and he also doesn't need it to win.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:08 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Someone will yell "Soul steal" like it's the answer to everything, but it's doubtful it would work, and he also doesn't need it to win.

I've never seen that attack fail on anyone.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:11 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Soul steal!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:12 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Soul steal ftw.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:13 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by King Kandy
I've never seen that attack fail on anyone.

Who else has he done it to besides the Thanos clone in Infinity Abyss? I'm not a Warlock completist or anything, but I have read a lot of his showings, and I haven't seen him use it except for energy attacks (which he could do with his normal powers anyway).

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:14 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Who else has he done it to besides the Thanos clone in Infinity Abyss? I'm not a Warlock completist or anything, but I have read a lot of his showings, and I haven't seen him use it except for energy attacks (which he could do with his normal powers anyway).

Two of Magus's minions.
Himself.
The Star Thief (An Abstract level being)
The Thanos clone.
One other guy I can't remember.

Also, The original Thanos was scared of the soul-suck technique.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:16 AM
Mr.Biscuits

Two of Magus's minions.
Himself.
The Thanos clone.

Reed Richards
The Supreme intelligence.
Inbetweener,iirc.
No one but Warlock and possibly Magus can use it properly,or to it's full potential.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:18 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Two of Magus's minions.
Himself.
The Thanos clone.

Ah, I wasn't counting the "himself" feat. Still, it's not exactly a hit-list of important Marvel people. Star Thief is about the only one that stands out from the crowd.

BA's durability is magical. Something tells me Warlock would have to trump Shazam's power to steal BA's soul.

In any case, like I said, he wins the majority even without the gem. I just dislike the soul steal because it seems cheap, and ignores Warlock's other powers.

Also, Reed Richards?! Maybe it was during Infinity War (the only large Warlock arc I'm unfamiliar with).

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:18 AM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

he's used the gem to devolve alot of creatures in counter-earth, such as the man-beast to a wolf...

man-beast!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:19 AM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Black Adam Vs. Adam Warlock

Adam Warlock has the soul gem.

aw ftw

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:19 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
he's used the gem to devolve alot of creatures in counter-earth, such as the man-beast to a wolf...

man-beast!

Yeah, he did. Cool feat too. I was just referring to the soul steal though.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:20 AM
Mr.Biscuits

Also, Reed Richards?! Maybe it was during Infinity War (the only large Warlock arc I'm unfamiliar with).

iirc.I'm probably getting it mixed up with the mind gem,unless he did use them both.
Edit:The characters I have listed have used it at one point or another...

Last edited by Mr.Biscuits on Apr 19th, 2007 at 03:25 AM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:21 AM
King Kandy

BA's durability is magical. Something tells me Warlock would have to trump Shazam's power to steal BA's soul.

I seriously doubt that. But even if I take that as true:

Star Thief>BA's enchantment.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:22 AM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Yeah, he did. Cool feat too. I was just referring to the soul steal though.

depending on the writers or his incarnations, the gem's powers seem to be in a flux...

he once turned thanos into a stone with the gem too...

Thanos!!!11!!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:24 AM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I seriously doubt that. But even if I take that as true:

Star Thief>BA's enchantment.

I don't. But fair enough...it's largely speculation. And I just try to ignore it and focus on other aspects of the fight. After all, it's not like "soul suck" is the first attack he goes for most of the time.

Because "Soul steal ftw" might be true....it just makes for a boring thread. Because otherwise this is a cool fight.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:25 AM
Mr.Biscuits

Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
depending on the writers or his incarnations, the gem's powers seem to be in a flux...

he once turned thanos into a stone with the gem too...

Thanos!!!11!!

That was a one time thing,an attack that I doubt can ever be duplicated.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:26 AM
King Kandy

After all, it's not like "soul suck" is the first attack he goes for most of the time.

It is in the Magus arc...

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:26 AM
boriquaking55
Pak is a straight fool

I've always felt that Warlock was somewhat overrated since without external help (the soul gem) he was never shown to be as powerful as people seem to think he is. He was just a great planner, just not particularly powerful. Without the gem, he didn't seem even to be herald level. That being said, with the gem he was a monster. Warlock knows how to utilize an infinity gem to it's potential far better than almost anyone else. Adam 10/10.

I just got BLOW'D UP from the inside by a Skrull?!
AWW HELLL NAWWW!!!!!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:27 AM
boriquaking55 is currently offline Click here to Send boriquaking55 a Private Message Find more posts by boriquaking55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Originally posted by Skeets
That was a one time thing,an attack that I doubt can ever be duplicated.

sadly, i agree...

but still!!!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:28 AM