KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » X-Men vs. Avengers

X-Men vs. Avengers
Started by: nimbus006

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nimbus006
Accuser

X-Men vs. Avengers

X-Men

Cannonball

War Path (blades)

Colossus

Rogue

Storm

Polaris

Avengers

Iron Man

Ares (only axe)

Hercules

Wonder Man

Ms. Marvel

Vision

By: Juk

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 06:00 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Can't Polaris can take down two Avengers without much effort???????????

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 06:04 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

I assume your reffering to Ironman and Vision... well i thought IM suite had some anti-magnetic defense on it, and as for Vision can Polaris affect him if he is intangible?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 06:08 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

good points yes

Still I'm inclined to go with the X-men team. I think Polaris will really screw Iron-man and Vision around. Even if she can't take them down, even if they take her down, that's still two Avengers to one X-man and it's a close call. I'm gonna go with the X-men but this would be a great fight to read in a comic yes

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 06:10 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hitman911
Battle Master

WW solo's

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 06:11 PM
Hitman911 is currently offline Click here to Send Hitman911 a Private Message Find more posts by Hitman911 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willRules
good points yes

Still I'm inclined to go with the X-men team. I think Polaris will really screw Iron-man and Vision around. Even if she can't take them down, even if they take her down, that's still two Avengers to one X-man and it's a close call. I'm gonna go with the X-men but this would be a great fight to read in a comic yes

I agree took me a while to think of a good line-up for the X-Men. Its such a close call. When you line them up individually it seems so even. However, i too believe these X-Men would take a slight majority.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 06:15 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by Hitman911
WW solo's

Who?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 06:16 PM
redhotrash

I think he meant Wonderman, who dont get me wrong is pretty badass, but I doubt it. A lot of the Avengers listed are more physically based fighters, and Rogue can currently kill someone instantly just by touching them. That combined with a shield from Polaris and Storm's weather slowing them down and I think its possible the X-Men can take this. However thats a pretty stacked Avengers team, so I dunno if I'd give them a majority. Would be a good fight

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 06:45 PM
redhotrash is currently offline Click here to Send redhotrash a Private Message Find more posts by redhotrash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by willRules
Can't Polaris can take down two Avengers without much effort???????????

Iron Man designed his armor so that Magneto could not effect him, ever. Polaris would be no different. Magnetism cannot do anything to him.

Just saying...

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 06:58 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Storm alone could desimate them easily.erm

The X-men ftw.

Storm summons the power of the ENTIRE CORE!! UXM-165

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 07:09 PM
2damnloud is currently offline Click here to Send 2damnloud a Private Message Find more posts by 2damnloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by redhotrash
I think he meant Wonderman, who dont get me wrong is pretty badass, but I doubt it. A lot of the Avengers listed are more physically based fighters, and Rogue can currently kill someone instantly just by touching them. That combined with a shield from Polaris and Storm's weather slowing them down and I think its possible the X-Men can take this. However thats a pretty stacked Avengers team, so I dunno if I'd give them a majority. Would be a good fight

I agree Wonderman doesnt even come close to soloing this team. Rogue could very possibly take him on her own. I know it seems as though the Avengers team is more physically based, but they do have a few energy wielders. The most obvious being IM who has almost every energy based attack or defense you can think of. Next is Vision who can absorb solar energy and project it from his eyes. Finally, probably the least obvious is Ms. Marvel who can absorb and redirect almost any form of energy. You also have Wonderman who although might not be able to project energy he is made of ionic energy. Furthermore, Ares who granted is a primarily physical character does have some limited magical abilities being an Olympian and all.

Now if you compare them with the X-men its 3 to 4 in the energy projection department. Not bad odds at all. With Hercules, Ares, and Wonderman being your only characters without energy based attacks i would say their doing alright.

Still I think X-Men are somewhat suerpior and therefore take a small majority. 6/10

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 07:09 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Iron Man designed his armor so that Magneto could not effect him, ever. Polaris would be no different. Magnetism cannot do anything to him.

Just saying...

Yea i was pretty sure about that just needed confirmation.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 07:13 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by 2damnloud
Storm alone could desimate them easily.erm

The X-men ftw.

Storm is very powerful, but i disagree she cannot solo this team.

IM could take down Storm more often than not.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 07:14 PM
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by nimbus006
Storm is very powerful, but i disagree she cannot solo this team.

IM could take down Storm more often than not.

Yea, my bad. She doesn't solo them.

Why don't you pit each member against their "match" and work out some scenarios.

Storm summons the power of the ENTIRE CORE!! UXM-165

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 08:30 PM
2damnloud is currently offline Click here to Send 2damnloud a Private Message Find more posts by 2damnloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by Blair Wind

Just saying...

Ah right ok. But still what about vision, isn't that an avenger down as soon as Polaris looks at him???????? Even if his intangibility means he can avoid her powers, she just has to wait for the right moment yes

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 08:33 PM
boriquaking55
Pak is a straight fool

Storm solo's the field, she's teh gawd-damned Str0m.

She cAn sh0ot light1ng b0ltZ ouT of h3r a5S thAt coulD kill skyfa7h3rs

I just got BLOW'D UP from the inside by a Skrull?!
AWW HELLL NAWWW!!!!!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 08:34 PM
boriquaking55 is currently offline Click here to Send boriquaking55 a Private Message Find more posts by boriquaking55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Ares (only axe)

Hercules

Wonder Man

Ms. Marvel

poleris could drop these four her self.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 08:35 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

X-men without a ton of trouble.

MsMarvel and IM seem like the only ones who would be hard to take down erm

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 08:38 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

ms marvel would go down in seconds just reverse her blood flow.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 08:39 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by 2damnloud
Yea, my bad. She doesn't solo them.

Why don't you pit each member against their "match" and work out some scenarios.

Well there pretty much in the order i had thought they would fight each other.

Ironman vs. Cannonball

Ares vs. Warpath (this would be fun to watch)

Hercules vs. Colossus

Wonderman vs. Rogue

Ms. Marvel vs. Storm

Vision vs. Polaris

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 08:52 PM