KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Animal Man versus Vixen

Animal Man versus Vixen
Started by: tjcoady

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tjcoady

Animal Man versus Vixen

Classic Vixen powers... none of this silly, plot contrived "draws powers from other JLA members" schtick...

fight takes place in the San Diego zoo... just imagine they have any earth creatures abilities to call upon... can Buddy take out Vixen?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 12:55 PM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HandOfFate

Re: Animal Man versus Vixen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tjcoady
Classic Vixen powers... none of this silly, plot contrived "draws powers from other JLA members" schtick...

This is actually the next logical step in her abilities

fight takes place in the San Diego zoo... just imagine they have any earth creatures abilities to call upon... can Buddy take out Vixen?

I give it to Vixen

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 06:10 PM
HandOfFate is currently offline Click here to Send HandOfFate a Private Message Find more posts by HandOfFate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

vixen because she has a nice rack

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 06:58 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sirius77

It could go either way. Unless Animal Man uses his
Sun Eater powers.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 10:53 PM
Sirius77 is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius77 a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Animal Man owns her.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 10:56 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Re: Re: Animal Man versus Vixen

Originally posted by HandOfFate
This is actually the next logical step in her abilities

I give it to Vixen

not really. it's completely deus ex machina. Her powers are not innate... she has the Tantu Totem, which connects her only to "lower" life forms (not my words)... besides, the morphonegenic field (the red) only contains the templates for species... a metahuman wouldn't have it's own distinct template to draw from... IE, she could borrow say, Superman's or J'onn's powers because they're not the same species, but it doesn't make any sense for her to be able to borrow someone like Black Lightning's powers.

Animal Man takes her down.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 12:15 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HandOfFate

Re: Re: Re: Animal Man versus Vixen

not really. it's completely deus ex machina. Her powers are not innate...

Actually her powers would have to be innate because only people of her bloodline can use the totem.

she has the Tantu Totem, which connects her only to "lower" life forms (not my words)...

I have an almost complete list of Vixen's appearances and I have never seen anything about a connection to only "lower" life forms.

besides, the morphonegenic field (the red) only contains the templates for species... a metahuman wouldn't have it's own distinct template to draw from..

I look at meta-humans in DC, the same way I look at mutates in Marvel. The potential for mutation was already there, they just needed an outside source to trigger it

IE, she could borrow say, Superman's or J'onn's powers because they're not the same species, but it doesn't make any sense for her to be able to borrow someone like Black Lightning's powers.

Again, the potential must have already been there, seeing that his power are now innate. Also, you're fine with her borrowing powers from an alien species but against her borrowing from other humans. confused

Animal Man takes her down.

In the long run, Vixen will wins the fight because she a better fighter.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 03:04 AM
HandOfFate is currently offline Click here to Send HandOfFate a Private Message Find more posts by HandOfFate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Animal Man destroys her.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 05:36 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Re: Re: Re: Re: Animal Man versus Vixen

Actually her powers would have to be innate because only people of her bloodline can use the totem.

I have an almost complete list of Vixen's appearances and I have never seen anything about a connection to only "lower" life forms.

I look at meta-humans in DC, the same way I look at mutates in Marvel. The potential for mutation was already there, they just needed an outside source to trigger it

Again, the potential must have already been there, seeing that his power are now innate. Also, you're fine with her borrowing powers from an alien species but against her borrowing from other humans. confused

In the long run, Vixen will wins the fight because she a better fighter.

my point about drawing powers from other species (Kryptonians and Martians) I feel is valid- some people have larger brains than others, and other people have larger muscles, and in the DC universe, some can shoot lightening from their hands. Vixen and Animal Man both can't draw powers from beings that are also humans, because both of them derive powers from the morphogenetic field, which exists in a kind of Platonic otherworld- ie, it has the perfected version of a species to draw on the abilities from. There is only one template for a human, which has all of the characteristics that make up a human. There is no template for "Black Lightening" in the morphogentic field to draw upon... but there would be one for Martians and Kryptonians.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 08:10 AM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Vixen borrows from an animal in heat and makes sweet sweet manimal on manimal love on camera with animal man, shows his wife. gets him divorced which leads to animal man suffering from depression and taking his own life...

if not animal man kicks her skull in =D

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 12:46 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HandOfFate

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Animal Man versus Vixen

my point about drawing powers from other species (Kryptonians and Martians) I feel is valid- some people have larger brains than others, and other people have larger muscles, and in the DC universe, some can shoot lightening from their hands. Vixen and Animal Man both can't draw powers from beings that are also humans, because both of them derive powers from the morphogenetic field, which exists in a kind of Platonic otherworld- ie, it has the perfected version of a species to draw on the abilities from. There is only one template for a human, which has all of the characteristics that make up a human. There is no template for "Black Lightening" in the morphogentic field to draw upon... but there would be one for Martians and Kryptonians.

Okay, where are you getting your information?

IIRC, the Red/ Life-web/ Morphogenetic Field is part of every living thing that has ever walked, swam, or flown on the Earth. (This was explained in Animal Man #49)

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 01:59 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Animal Man, and easily at that.

Most simply do not realize what he can do.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 03:37 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HandOfFate

Originally posted by Galan007
Animal Man, and easily at that.

Most simply do not realize what he can do.

Couldn't you say the same thing about Vixen?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 03:47 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Couldn't you say the same thing about Vixen?
Not unless Vixen has accomplished tasks on a Universal level.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 03:49 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HandOfFate

Originally posted by Galan007
Not unless Vixen has accomplished tasks on a Universal level.

She helped Animal Man make a universe and can easily mimic any of Bubby's mimicked abilities.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 04:02 PM
Squirrel Fart

Bump

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 10:02 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
complexbrother
The protector of logic

Originally posted by SevenShackles
Vixen borrows from an animal in heat and makes sweet sweet manimal on manimal love on camera with animal man, shows his wife. gets him divorced which leads to animal man suffering from depression and taking his own life...

if not animal man kicks her skull in =D

laughing eek! smokin' I agree thumb up

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 10:12 PM
complexbrother is currently offline Click here to Send complexbrother a Private Message Find more posts by complexbrother Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by SevenShackles

Damn. That was beautiful.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 10:16 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 10:38 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
comicfan11
Ocean's Heaviest Hitter

Animal Man
More experienced plus the whole Sun Eater thing.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 06:09 AM
comicfan11 is currently offline Click here to Send comicfan11 a Private Message Find more posts by comicfan11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote