KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Mighty Thor (Vs.) Swamp Thing

The Mighty Thor (Vs.) Swamp Thing
Started by: Comicbook_kid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Comicbook_kid
Crom's champion

The Mighty Thor (Vs.) Swamp Thing

Could Thor stop Swamp Thing? Could Thor, being the son of an Earth goddess, stop someone as powerful as Swamp Thing, who himself is an Earth elemental?

Let's say that Thor, instead of rebuilding Asgard above a Nebraska cornfield like in his current series, he decides to rebuild Asgard smack dab in the middle of a Louisiana swamp, above where the Parliament of Trees already is.

Well, this doesn't sit well with Swampy and he tells Thor he needs to move Asgard somewhere else. Thor then tells Swamp Thing to pretty much go **** himself, he'll do whatever the hell he wants to do.

And so thus begins the battle of the children of Earth, with The Mighty Thor battling The Swamp Thing.........

Conan, what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and sigs by Beta Ray Howard.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 02:19 AM
Comicbook_kid is currently offline Click here to Send Comicbook_kid a Private Message Find more posts by Comicbook_kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

swamp thing would own thor

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 04:16 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Comicbook_kid
Crom's champion

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
swamp thing would own thor

Elaborate please confused

Conan, what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and sigs by Beta Ray Howard.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 06:04 AM
Comicbook_kid is currently offline Click here to Send Comicbook_kid a Private Message Find more posts by Comicbook_kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Elaborate please confused
he can't.

thor asks him mother to deactivate swamp thing's powers.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 06:45 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

There are versions of Swamp Thing that are skyfather level and over.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 06:50 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Comicbook_kid
Crom's champion

Originally posted by psycho gundam
he can't.

Whoa...I didn't even think about that, but I guess she could, couldn't she? But what if Gaea herself wasn't directly involved with the immediate battle?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 06:51 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by psycho gundam
he can't.

Can't do that. no Maya, the earth mother, creator of the DC elementals couldn't do it. And Swampie's power has varied, with the upper levels approaching 'The Word'.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 06:52 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hunbu04

swamp thing is powerful but his power is not even in the same universe as the word. the word once destroyed all dc elementals. the guy is referred to as the spectre older brother and he is also the logos

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 12:03 PM
hunbu04 is currently offline Click here to Send hunbu04 a Private Message Find more posts by hunbu04 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
There are versions of Swamp Thing that are skyfather level and over.
thumb up

Originally posted by hunbu04
swamp thing is powerful but his power is not even in the same universe as the word. the word once destroyed all dc elementals. the guy is referred to as the spectre older brother and he is also the logos
I somewhat disagree.

The Word personally told ST, [after he united with the other elementals], that his abilities in said state rivalled those of The Voice itself.

And as I'm sure you know,
The Voice is what gave birth to the Word. smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 28th, 2008 at 06:41 PM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 06:38 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Draw.

IMHO I dont think Swampie has the combat capability to take down Thor. However, Goldilocks can't really harm Swampie in any-way either. At least in any long-term way....

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 06:54 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I dunno.

I see Thor eventually beating a 'baseline' Swampy -- but certainly not the version in my above post.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 07:02 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Galan007
I dunno.

I see Thor eventually beating a 'baseline' Swampy -- but certainly not the version in my above post.

How ?

The only way I could see is Godblast and/or possible UBER lightening.

Even those though are finite, Swampie could simply absorb surrounding matter and be back to normal.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 07:10 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Swamp Thing is pretty much unkillable

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 07:40 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

thor can also ask of GAEA to summon Atum. (I suppose she will listen since his ascension)maybe he can summon it himself? just saying that thor doesn't have to fight these "god" types with his fists if he doesn't have to, odin rarely did. oh and any of the stuff he tried to kill arishem with would atomize most characters low-herald and below, let alone a guy made of pool scum.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 10:21 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warakia
Warakia

Re: The Mighty Thor (Vs.) Swamp Thing

So... isn't the Thor who is rebuilding the city of Asgard using Odin's power? If so the Earth elemental is screwed.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 10:27 PM
Warakia is currently offline Click here to Send Warakia a Private Message Find more posts by Warakia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

exactly

thor can just stand there and win due to swamp thing lacking the ability to harm him in any way. if there were judges watching the fight, they would see a monster hopelessly fighting a god who occasionally smashes it to billions of pieces only waiting for it to reform again. thor wins on the point system.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 10:39 PM
Horrificus

Thor can't cut ST off from his connection to Earth?

And, how can the power, given to him by the spirit of Earth, one little planet, out of an infinite number, be on the same level as the Word?

Or any uber-universal-abstract power for that matter?

Silly fight. Thor has the tools to attack ST's body, mind and soul, as well as his magics in general.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 12:06 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Luthor has managed to invent a device that cut off Swamp Thing's connection to the Green before, temporarily.

I doubt Thor could replicate that feat- but if he could come up with that "energy pattern" or whatever, he could win this.

If this is standard Swampy, Thor could beat him... perhaps. Thor's shown vulnerability to poisons before. It wouldn't be that hard for Swampy to take him out that way.

If it's anything above the baseline Swamp Thing, he'd could take Thor. Full power Holland was substantially above the Spectre.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 12:15 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Swamp Thing.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 12:18 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Originally posted by Horrificus
Thor can't cut ST off from his connection to Earth?

And, how can the power, given to him by the spirit of Earth, one little planet, out of an infinite number, be on the same level as the Word?

Or any uber-universal-abstract power for that matter?

Silly fight. Thor has the tools to attack ST's body, mind and soul, as well as his magics in general.

Remember Elemental Firestorm? That was only one fifth of Planet Elemental Swamp Thing's abilities and power.

It was more of a mystical thing- complete control over all aspects of creation- than just how much "power" he could draw upon.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 12:18 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote