KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Onslaught vs Odin

Onslaught vs Odin
Started by: The Great Galen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Great Galen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Onslaught vs Odin

So both are af full power and at there strongest, who takes it?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 03:51 AM
The Great Galen is currently offline Click here to Send The Great Galen a Private Message Find more posts by The Great Galen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Odin

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 04:01 AM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

been done many times,use the search
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...amp;showposts=0

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 09:23 AM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

If this is On Panel Shown Onslaught, Odin wins and easy.

If this is the Theory Onslaught then Onslaught wins.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 11:41 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Utrigita
If this is On Panel Shown Onslaught, Odin wins and easy.

If this is the Theory Onslaught then Onslaught wins.

Well, in theory, Odin was omniscient :P

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 11:43 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by llagrok

So,he'd be able to know his ass is gonna get kicked?

Handy stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 11:46 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

really since when stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 11:49 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Utrigita
really since when stick out tongue

Since Stan Lee referred to him as Omniscient.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 12:11 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Onslaught.
he was described as being like The Celestials.

and Odin's nothing to beings of that scale.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 01:49 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 01:53 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alucard25

Odin,for all of Onslaughts supposed potential he never did anything even remotely close to Celestial level or even Odin level for that matter.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 02:33 PM
Alucard25 is currently offline Click here to Send Alucard25 a Private Message Find more posts by Alucard25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Estacado

Originally posted by Alucard25
Odin,for all of Onslaughts supposed potential he never did anything even remotely close to Celestial level or even Odin level for that matter.

Onslaught reminds me of Sentry, in the sense that hes supposed to be really ****ing powerful but lacks suffiecient feats to truly back it up.

Originally posted by janus77
Onslaught.
he was described as being like The Celestials.

and Odin's nothing to beings of that scale.

Apparently there is a scan in an Odin respect thread that says Odin and Galactus are rivals in power.....personally the Celestials do get stroked quite a bit though.

Last edited by Deadline on Feb 17th, 2008 at 02:50 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 02:45 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Since Stan Lee referred to him as Omniscient.

When confused

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 03:03 PM
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by Phantom Zone

Onslaught reminds me of Sentry, in the sense that hes supposed to be really ****ing powerful but lacks suffiecient feats to truly back it up.

Apparently there is a scan in an Odin respect thread that says Odin and Galactus are rivals in power.....personally the Celestials do get stroked quite a bit though.

dunno about Odin having been the equal of a normal Galactus, I doubt it but, he definitely does seem to have been significantly depowered over time.

there's also some pretty strong evidence of how utterly insignificant he is in comparison to Celestials, which is where I was going with the Onslaught thing. Onslaught was stated to be at Celestial levels. and he did pretty much pawn everybody on Marvel Earth.

of course it makes absolutely no sense that a creature born of the mental powers of Magneto and Xavier should even remotely come to resemble a Celestial in power but ... that's how it rolls in the mutagenetic world no expression with their Omega mutants and god knows what other wank stuff ...

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 03:15 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

It was when he had absorbed nate Grey and Franklin Richards that the assesment that he might Rival a Celestial can be made. And It was never stated in Comic (not that I know of at least) that Onslaught should be near a Celestial in power terms.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 03:23 PM
janus77
Banana Genius

yeah, it was in one of the Onslaught Saga comics. I read it and thought it a bunch of toss, but then they had Apocalypse, the Phoenix Avatar and others basically wary of Onslaught which sort of makes you realise that they are serious and not just 'blowing smoke'.

I would also suggest his taking over of Franklin is a feat demonstrative of such potential... Ashema did treat Franklin like he was a child but still, a child Celestial.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 03:29 PM
Deadline

yeah, it was in one of the Onslaught Saga comics. I read it and thought it a bunch of toss, but then they had Apocalypse, the Phoenix Avatar and others basically wary of Onslaught which sort of makes you realise that they are serious and not just 'blowing smoke'.

....bah!

I would also suggest his taking over of Franklin is a feat demonstrative of such potential... Ashema did treat Franklin like he was a child but still, a child Celestial.

Well if Franklin is so powerful how did he get assimilated? erm

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 03:31 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by Phantom Zone
....bah!

Well if Franklin is so powerful how did he get assimilated? erm

the fact of his power cannot be disputed, he created a blummin' pocket universe, the Celestials paid him (qualified) props!
he's got the power. just that Onslaught had more no expression.

basically, he's like a learner Celestial... got powers but not the wisdom nor the fullest access... which is why Ashema had to revive him, when he died.

Onslaught was more powerful than him, but I doubt Onslaught would have a chance against a grown up Celestial.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 03:36 PM
Deadline

the fact of his power cannot be disputed, he created a blummin' pocket universe, the Celestials paid him (qualified) props!
he's got the power. just that Onslaught had more no expression.

basically, he's like a learner Celestial... got powers but not the wisdom nor the fullest access... which is why Ashema had to revive him, when he died.

Onslaught was more powerful than him, but I doubt Onslaught would have a chance against a grown up Celestial.

I dunno man Mags + Xavier > Child Celestial ...... I guess so I mean Magnetos powers can actually decrease the effects of psionic powers so when you think about it the master of magentism + the worlds most powerful telepath = bad ****ing news...

Wait a minute who did they assimilate first...Nate or Franklin?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 03:39 PM
janus77
Banana Genius

I think it was Nate first, I can't remember. not a fan of X-men-y stuff, only read it for the Celestials and the big fights. iirc, Nate was the one Onslaught was after, to boost his powers even more.

Magneto's awesome, one of my favourite characters in comics but, nah Onslaught makes no sense to me whatsoever. though in terms of sheer absurdity, it's still a lot less nonsensical than some things.

iirc, the comics say Onslaught was the pent up frustrations and anger of Xavier, mixed with the malign and evil side of Magneto, that it was principally Xavier's powers but their combined dark-sides...

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 03:44 PM