KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Xavier takes on the top TP users

Xavier takes on the top TP users
Started by: Likwid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Likwid

Xavier takes on the top TP users

How does Xavier rank against these other top DC and Marvel telepaths? How would he do in a non-bloodlusted battle against them one by one?

Battle 1) Manchester Black
Battle 2) MoonDragon
Battle 3) Martian Manhunter
Battle 4) Emma
Battle 5) Exodus
Battle 6) Rachel Grey
Battle 7) Jean Grey (no Phoenix Force)
Battle 8) Exodus

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 03:52 AM
Likwid is currently offline Click here to Send Likwid a Private Message Find more posts by Likwid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

You have Exodus written down twice.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 03:55 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

No Cable or X-man?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 03:56 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

No Shadow King?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 04:23 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

No Batman?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 04:31 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Likwid

Sorry, just the guys here. (and ignore the second Exodus, I can't edit it)

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 04:52 AM
Likwid is currently offline Click here to Send Likwid a Private Message Find more posts by Likwid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

No Darkseid? No Despero? No Fernus? No Mageddon?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 04:59 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i used to think jonnz was well above xavier, but i've since come to think it's a lot closer than that. i also tend to belive xavier is more skilled in mental combat than jonnz which would likely off-set whatever power advantage jonnz DID have. i could see x taking him at least half the time and maybe more. i think his biggest challenge would be black. if black was handicapped to JUST tp, xavier would stand a chance. throw in black's tk as well and charlie is screwed. he takes any of the marvel tp's, imo.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 05:03 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
i used to think jonnz was well above xavier, but i've since come to think it's a lot closer than that. i also tend to belive xavier is more skilled in mental combat than jonnz which would likely off-set whatever power advantage jonnz DID have. i could see x taking him at least half the time and maybe more. i think his biggest challenge would be black. if black was handicapped to JUST tp, xavier would stand a chance. throw in black's tk as well and charlie is screwed. he takes any of the marvel tp's, imo.
Yup Manchester Black is pretty badass i think he is in the top 3 when i look at this list.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 12:22 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Originally posted by leonidas

What is Black up to these days anyway? I haven't kept up with him in a while?

I think If we were to bar a speed blitz, chances are even if Black was allowed his TK during the fight he still might not be able to access it.

(Both of these incidents were written by the same writer in a 1, 2 month span)
Like in Exodus's fight against Emma Frost.
http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan12ff6.jpg

However Exodus did hurt Magneto with his TK while battling Xavier in Legacy #210...so I'm really not sure.
http://comicbookresources.com/?page...&disp=table

Spoilers from the end of the issue (And yes Xavier is still a big fat jerk...poor Amelia Vought):
http://community.livejournal.com/sc...ly/5413232.html

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Apr 29th, 2008 at 12:56 PM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 12:52 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

He could take Rachel and Jean, the former via skill, the latter simply because he was always better imo. He could take Emma but considering how easily she now blocks his telepathy, it would be taxing.

He'd lose to Exodus probably, and Moondragon if she has the Mind Gem.

Black would snap his neck telekinetically and I'm still of the opinion MM is a little above Xavier at least in sheer power so I'd still lean to him winning, but leo's probably right about the battle telepathy point.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 05:02 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

exodus, eh? i'm a little surprised. i know he's powerful (i'd have said in the rachel range -- namely, close to charlie) but i'd have thought chuck a little above him in terms of tp. you and ec are about the most knowledgeable guys in this area that i know though, so i'll take your word for it.

to deviate from topic for a second, as a fellow sersi-lover, how do you think chuck would do against sersi in a straight tp battle, x? i'd say charlie would take her for a solid majority. again, maybe less an overall power issue in my mind, and more a question of tp combat skills.

oh, and i'd assumed that moondragon was withOUT the gem . . .

Last edited by leonidas on Apr 29th, 2008 at 05:18 PM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 05:14 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

I was referring more to the Bloodties level Exodus... accept no imitations.

He would probably take Sersi in a telepathy fight. She can do somethings better than him like scanning range, but he has far better and far more combat telepathy feats.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 05:43 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

See that's the thing, Xavier just got an official upgrade when he got his telepathy back and was apparently more powerful then ever. But it hasn't been all that impressive until recently in X-Men Legacy #210 issue since according to Karima the mental energy both him and Exodus were spewing was massive. And I think Emma feels the fight from halfway across the world.

However there are a bunch of circumstances that need to be taken into account in that eg Exodus wasn't trying to kill Charles, he was trying to help him by showing him memories(Deaths that were Xavier's faults) from the past. He actually wanted Charles to lead the Acolytes.

The Moondragon from Annihilation should lose IMO.

Mike Carey baffles me though.
Exodus stated that he was unable to access his "other powers" when Emma engaged him in telepathic combat but he was able to access it during his fight with Xavier when he smacked down Magneto.

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Apr 29th, 2008 at 05:52 PM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 05:46 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psi-aura
Psychic Diamond

Against Emma Frost... I'm not sure who has more power, but i think she has more skill, and has always been considered to be on par with Xavier... I think she would win with a little effort, if neither had Cerebra. Her diamond form blocks some telepathy, so she could just walk up and bash his head in... then put him in a coma. Or she could just psi-bolt him, telepathically show him everthing he ever regreted, then kick the **** out of him. It's open to opinion really. evil face

Psi-aura: a fangirl till the end, Darling.
PS: STAR WARS ROCKS!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 08:59 PM
psi-aura is currently offline Click here to Send psi-aura a Private Message Find more posts by psi-aura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhotrash

Emma has NOT always been considered to be on his level, I hate when people spread this nonsense. Charles wipes the floor with Emma. Theres no opinion to it.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 02:30 AM
redhotrash is currently offline Click here to Send redhotrash a Private Message Find more posts by redhotrash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by -K-M-
No Batman?

This.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 02:32 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
He could take Rachel and Jean, the former via skill, the latter simply because he was always better imo. He could take Emma but considering how easily she now blocks his telepathy, it would be taxing.

Emma's the weakest of the major telepaths, but I'm of the opinion she's definitely the most skilled. Charles is skilled but often he can power through mental defenses, while Emma's always needed to use her powers with precision and skill to even keep up with Jean and X's power, and that's sharpened her in mental combat.

So Xavier still overall holds the advantage, but nowadays she's really tough to take on mind to mind for anyone. It's gotten to the point where if he's sloppy or caught off-guard he can lose.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 02:35 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Not sure if he could beat 3 and 8.

The rest, he overpowers with his TP.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 02:43 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhotrash

Charles is a damn surgeon with his powers, I disagree with you.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 02:47 AM
redhotrash is currently offline Click here to Send redhotrash a Private Message Find more posts by redhotrash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote