KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » despero vs avenger/xmen

despero vs avenger/xmen
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

despero vs avenger/xmen

Can despero pull off the same thing that he did to the jla/jsa. Even though he is in a different universe his powerlevel is still the same when he fought jla/jsa.

The team consist of:

*Xmen:

Wolverine
Joseph (magneto clone)
Colossus
Rogue (classic with ms marvel powers)
Cyclops
Havok
Warpath
Emma Frost

*Avengers

Thor (classic)
Professor Hulk
Vision
Ion wonderman
Iron man
Immortal Hercules
War bird

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on Jul 5th, 2008 at 03:03 AM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 02:56 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

most of the x-men are dead in seconds, unless they have ALOT of breathing room... then they die in minutes...

don't see the avengers doing much better, bar thor and hulk, but even then, despero is a beast physically and telepathically...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 03:01 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I still give it to the team and could despero take a set of adamantium claws to the head. Hawk man mace did pretty good damage.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 03:06 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
I still give it to the team and could despero take a set of adamantium claws to the head. Hawk man mace did pretty good damage.

hawkman's mace is made of nth metal, and hawkman has superhuman strength...

barring a fastball special by a pissed off hulk, i don't see how...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 03:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hyperion Prime

Originally posted by Raoul
most of the x-men are dead in seconds, unless they have ALOT of breathing room... then they die in minutes...

don't see the avengers doing much better, bar thor and hulk, but even then, despero is a beast physically and telepathically...

WHat about Emma Frost...she is the second most powerful telepath after Xavier. Also she is bringing the Stepford Cuckoo into it somehow. I know who Despero is even though I don't read much DC. Are his psychic abilities that great?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 03:13 AM
Hyperion Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Hyperion Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hyperion Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
WHat about Emma Frost...she is the second most powerful telepath after Xavier. Also she is bringing the Stepford Cuckoo into it somehow. I know who Despero is even though I don't read much DC. Are his psychic abilities that great?

despero subdued martian manhunter AND aquaman at the same time telepathically...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 03:15 AM
carver9

hawkman's mace is made of nth metal, and hawkman has superhuman strength...

barring a fastball special by a pissed off hulk, i don't see how...

Wolverine has cut through almost everyone he has encountered with his adamantium claws. The only one that come to mind that he hasnt cut through was juggernaut and I think that despero is far away from being that durable. Im not saying that wolverine could solo but I could see him claws cutting through him no problem but hey you could be right. I would say despero durability is up there with konvikt and we saw how good konvikt durability is against arrows. Even though he took punches from some of the strongest on the planet dont mean that he is good against sharpnel.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 03:16 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Wolverine has cut through almost everyone he has encountered with his adamantium claws. The only one that come to mind that he hasnt cut through was juggernaut and I think that despero is far away from being that durable. Im not saying that wolverine could solo but I could see him claws cutting through him no problem but hey you could be right. I would say despero durability is up there with konvikt and we saw how good konvikt durability is against arrows. Even though he took punches from some of the strongest on the planet dont mean that he is good against sharpnel.

he hasnt cut through colossus...

wolverine has limits...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 03:18 AM
Hyperion Prime

despero subdued martian manhunter AND aquaman at the same time telepathically...

Despero must be a bad ass then, because Martian Manhunter has telepathic skills that are stronger than Xavier. How strong is Despero? Is his durability Juggernaut level? Thanks.

Hyperion Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Hyperion Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hyperion Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Thats why I put emma in so that she could block despero mind attacks from affecting anyone on the battle field which would lead to him having to fight everyone physically. I think that emma possess enough telepathic power to at least stop him from affecting her teammates. She has done this on numerous of occasions against some of the strongest telepaths out there.

-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Despero must be a bad ass then, because Martian Manhunter has telepathic skills that are stronger than Xavier. How strong is Despero? Is his durability Juggernaut level? Thanks.

he took on superman, captain marvel, wonder woman, powergirl and hourman physically, and came out on top... i don't know if its as infinite as juggernaut's, but its up there...

Thats why I put emma in so that she could block despero mind attacks from affecting anyone on the battle field which would lead to him having to fight everyone physically. I think that emma possess enough telepathic power to at least stop him from affecting her teammates. She has done this on numerous of occasions against some of the strongest telepaths out there.

emma, as good as she is, isn't despero level...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 03:20 AM
carver9

he hasnt cut through colossus...

wolverine has limits...

You do know that colossus stood up to a explosion that not even the hulk could stand up against and this was during the secret wars and there have been times where wolverine has damaged colossus. Let me say this though, wolverine cut thanos who possessed the gauntlet.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 03:20 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You do know that colossus stood up to a explosion that not even the hulk could stand up against and this was during the secret wars and there have been times where wolverine has damaged colossus. Let me say this though, wolverine cut thanos who possessed the gauntlet.

wolverine cutting thanos is crap, to be honest...

where has he hurt colossus?

colossus is class 100 strength, with comparable durability... his lack of a healing factor (like the hulk) means he has to be able to take alot as it is...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 03:23 AM
Hyperion Prime

he took on superman, captain marvel, wonder woman, powergirl and hourman physically, and came out on top... i don't know if its as infinite as juggernaut's, but its up there...

WTF that's DOS Doomsday level right there....actually....greater because he didnt fight as many bricks at the same time.

I am going to have to get some stuff with Despero in it.....i have 5000 marvel books and only like 100 DC books

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 03:25 AM
carver9

emma, as good as she is, isn't despero level...

I agree she isnt despero level, she isnt attacking him with her mind she basically fending him off long enough to make it a physical fight. He would be to overwhelmed with this team coming at him with full force to be trying to overpower emma mentally.

He has some high durability but who dont have high durability that has faced wolverine. Wendigo is stated as being invulnerable but wolverine has sliced through him on how many occasions. Again there is next to none that has survived being cut by his claws, I dont think despero would be any different but again you could be right.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 03:25 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

WTF that's DOS Doomsday level right there....actually....greater because he didnt fight as many bricks at the same time.

I am going to have to get some stuff with Despero in it.....i have 5000 marvel books and only like 100 DC books

he's a beast, comicvine should have a list of his appearences... look up jla 119 and jla/jsa virtue and vice...

[B]I agree she isnt despero level, she isnt attacking him with her mind she basically fending him off long enough to make it a physical fight. He would be to overwhelmed with this team coming at him with full force to be trying to overpower emma mentally.

i don't think so, tbh, he was able to fight several jla members while mentally taking over several others...

quote:
He has some high durability but who dont have high durability that has faced wolverine. Wendigo is stated as being invulnerable but wolverine has sliced through him on how many occasions. Again there is next to none that has survived being cut by his claws, I dont think despero would be any different but again you could be right.

adamantium still needs force behind it to pierce, wolverine just happens to have plenty of insanely stupid feats... give colossus wolverine's claws, then maybe, but logan himself? no, and even if he did cut despero, iirc he has a decent healing factor...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Jul 5th, 2008 at 03:30 AM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 03:27 AM
carver9

wolverine cutting thanos is crap, to be honest...

where has he hurt colossus?

colossus is class 100 strength, with comparable durability... his lack of a healing factor (like the hulk) means he has to be able to take alot as it is...

Even though you dont agree with the fact that he cut thanos it still happened.

I forgot what issue it was but it was just a scrape.

Colossus by far is one of the most durable beings that I have seen in marvel unless you can name me some times where he has been damaged physically without some outside interference and we do all know why omega red and iron fist hurt him, both are plot device characters. I have yet to witness any physical damage towards colossus. It usually take blunt force to take him out which usually turn him back to human form.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 03:28 AM
carver9

he's a beast, comicvine should have a list of his appearences... look up jla 119 and jla/jsa virtue and vice...

I own the comic and read it about 5 times, he is a beast but he has done nothing that make me think that he is greater then lets say destroyer, someone who classic thor has soloed.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 03:30 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Even though you dont agree with the fact that he cut thanos it still happened.

so did thanos getting arrested by the NYPD... erm

quote:
I forgot what issue it was but it was just a scrape.

not ultimate, is it?

quote:
Colossus by far is one of the most durable beings that I have seen in marvel unless you can name me some times where he has been damaged physically without some outside interference and we do all know why omega red and iron fist hurt him, both are plot device characters. I have yet to witness any physical damage towards colossus. It usually take blunt force to take him out which usually turn him back to human form.

he's been beaten down physically by gladiator, hulk, juggernaut, to name a few... even a sentinel's energy blasts have KO'd him at times...

iron fist hurt him in an alternate universe...

I own the comic and read it about 5 times, he is a beast but he has done nothing that make me think that he is greater then lets say destroyer, someone who classic thor has soloed.

which comic?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 03:33 AM
Hyperion Prime

I love comicvine......thank you. I will check out Despero. Heck I may even buy him when he comes out in DC universe classics

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 03:35 AM