KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who can beat Spectre??

Who can beat Spectre??
Started by: occultdestroyer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Who can beat Spectre??

Spectre

VS

any superhero/supervillain

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Sep 13th, 2008 at 01:21 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 01:12 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aster Phoenix
Restricted

Account Restricted

Diamond Armored Eclipso came close, he actually cut open The Spectre without the spear of destiny.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 02:09 PM
Aster Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Aster Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Aster Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Love Re: Who can beat Spectre??

quote: (post)
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Spectre

VS

any superhero/supervillain

pre retcon beyonder

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 02:12 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Re: Re: Who can beat Spectre??

Originally posted by vansonbee
pre retcon beyonder

I wouldn't put Beyonder in the 'superhero/supervillain' category.
He more of an 'abstract/cosmic' character than a 'supervillain'.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 04:39 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Re: Re: Re: Who can beat Spectre??

What about Spectre with God power? so fore* abstact as well

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 05:13 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Pretcon Beyonder,pretcon MM,Lt,Scathan,Mxy,any ig user,Michael,Lucy,Geb,Abraxas,classic Am,Galactus, just to name some off the top of my head.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 05:22 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sup3rman1521

Originally posted by quanchi112
Pretcon Beyonder,pretcon MM,Lt,Scathan,Mxy,any ig user,Michael,Lucy,Geb,Abraxas,classic Am,Galactus, just to name some off the top of my head.

Most of what you, quanchi, named are applied under occultdestroyer's post.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 05:30 PM
Sup3rman1521 is currently offline Click here to Send Sup3rman1521 a Private Message Find more posts by Sup3rman1521 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsscls

Spectre as he should be written? No one. Spectre as he is written? Punisher with any random mystical trinket.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 10:14 PM
tsscls is currently offline Click here to Send tsscls a Private Message Find more posts by tsscls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Sammy the Squid Boy.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 10:16 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aster Phoenix
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Sammy the Squid Boy.

Who is not a squid. This is proof Morisson is off his nut. The kid was a fish, not a squid.

As to the question.

If he's weak enough, I think Raven's Soulself could lay some hurt on him.

Zarathos couldn't kill him, but he would probably be able to make him hurt allot.

If Mordru and Nabu teamed up they could so some serious damage.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 10:20 PM
Aster Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Aster Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Aster Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsscls

I should elaborate a bit more. Spectre is supposed to be God's vengeance. The God.
Being God's vengeance, he is given his missions by God. He should never fail or be beaten, because God is omnipotent and omniscient. The only thing he should be able to lose to is God, but given his all-knowing, all-seeing nature, he would never position Spectre to come into conflict with Himself. The same should logically apply to God's other servants. Spectre should not come into conflict with them because they are also God's servants, and they all work to forward his agenda. He should probably not have his own series, and should be used as a deus ex machina only in major events.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 10:25 PM
tsscls is currently offline Click here to Send tsscls a Private Message Find more posts by tsscls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsscls

Originally posted by tsscls
I should elaborate a bit more. Spectre is supposed to be God's vengeance. The God.
Being God's vengeance, he is given his missions by God. He should never fail or be beaten, because God is omnipotent and omniscient. The only thing he should be able to lose to is God, but given his all-knowing, all-seeing nature, he would never position Spectre to come into conflict with Himself. The same should logically apply to God's other servants. Spectre should not come into conflict with them because they are also God's servants, and they all work to forward his agenda. He should probably not have his own series, and should be used as a deus ex machina only in major events.

Yeah, and Sammy the Squid boy. And Ambush bug. Sorry.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 10:27 PM
Aster Phoenix
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by tsscls

Did you read countdown to mystery?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 10:34 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
Who is not a squid. This is proof Morisson is off his nut. The kid was a fish, not a squid.

As to the question.

If he's weak enough, I think Raven's Soulself could lay some hurt on him.

Zarathos couldn't kill him, but he would probably be able to make him hurt allot.

If Mordru and Nabu teamed up they could so some serious damage.

Even the hostless Spectre from DOV would solo everyone you named.

Spectre will not lose to anything lower than the IG itself, and maybe not even that. If god's backing him, he can't lose. The only question is, how far does God want Spectre to go? If God isn't holding him back, he won't stop until he wins.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 10:43 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aster Phoenix
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Even the hostless Spectre from DOV would solo everyone you named.

Spectre will not lose to anything lower than the IG itself, and maybe not even that. If god's backing him, he can't lose. The only question is, how far does God want Spectre to go? If God isn't holding him back, he won't stop until he wins.

Diamond Armored Eclipso was his equal at least if not more.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 10:51 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

And how is that a low showing? Eclipso used to BE the Spectre.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 10:52 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsscls

Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
Did you read countdown to mystery?

Yes, I was stating how I felt the character should logically be portrayed, given his origion and powers, not how he is portrayed which was reflected by my first post.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 10:55 PM
Aster Phoenix
Restricted

Account Restricted

And how is that a low showing? Eclipso used to BE the Spectre.

I didn't say it was a low showing just that someone below God could beat him.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 10:56 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Fair point. But considering how easily even a hostless Spectre has rampaged through abstracts, it would take a massive amount of power to do it. Especially considering Spectre can jack just about anything for more power.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 11:05 PM
ODG

Fair point. But considering how easily even a hostless Spectre has rampaged through abstracts, it would take a massive amount of power to do it. Especially considering Spectre can jack just about anything for more power.
As far as I can remember, Spectre only jacks magic for more power.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 12:27 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote