KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Which herald-level or lower hero could stop an asteroid of this size?

Which herald-level or lower hero could stop an asteroid of this size?
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

Which herald-level or lower hero could stop an asteroid of this size?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 09:49 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Starscream M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zvCUmeoHpw

tons of people.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 09:59 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Stop it how? Reversing its motion, busting it up, completely stopping its motion, etc.? Depending on how you mean, I'm not sure if a lot of characters would have the durability to handle it.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 10:01 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Harbinger
Stop it how? Reversing its motion, busting it up, completely stopping its motion, etc.? Depending on how you mean, I'm not sure if a lot of characters would have the durability to handle it.
basically they have to make sure it doesn't hit Earth (by whatever means)

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 10:07 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Raoul
tons of people.
I'm not sure about that

that asteroid is about the size of Germany in a sphere

I'm not sure if any herald level or lower being could lift anywhere close to that

for perspective, Sentry struggled lifting a helicarrier...which would not even be a dot next to that asteroid

gladiator struggled lifting the baxter building, which would not even be seen put next to that asteroid

I've seen Superman struggle lifting large jetliners, this asteroid would be equivalent to lifting over a trillion jetliners at once and more

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 10:11 PM
Private Pion

Looks bigger than Germany to me. Looks like the moon.

Which Superman has moved single handed (that's alone, not with one hand. Though he's done that too), but then, he's about herald level.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 10:13 PM
Private Pion is currently offline Click here to Send Private Pion a Private Message Find more posts by Private Pion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

He's top tier herald level. Anybody in the top tier can probably do it. mid tier, most. Low herald, there it gets tricky.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 10:16 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Assuming we're using high showings, anyone Mid Herald or above shouldn't have a problem.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 10:18 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Private Pion

My real problem is, I never really got the whole 'levels' thing.

Anyway, if we're sneaky, couldn't like, Lex Luthor do it using a giant anti-gravity gun or something? Same for all the geniuses out there, Reed Richards and Dr Doom and so on.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 10:20 PM
Private Pion is currently offline Click here to Send Private Pion a Private Message Find more posts by Private Pion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Private Pion
Looks bigger than Germany to me. Looks like the moon.

Which Superman has moved single handed (that's alone, not with one hand. Though he's done that too), but then, he's about herald level.
was this a PC feat?

if Superman could move the moon, then even lifting the entire empire state building would be like lifting a toothpick for him

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 10:21 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm not sure about that

that asteroid is about the size of Germany in a sphere

I'm not sure if any herald level or lower being could lift anywhere close to that

for perspective, Sentry struggled lifting a helicarrier...which would not even be a dot next to that asteroid

gladiator struggled lifting the baxter building, which would not even be seen put next to that asteroid

I've seen Superman struggle lifting large jetliners, this asteroid would be equivalent to lifting over a trillion jetliners at once and more

wrong. just wrong.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I can think of street levelers who can do it with prep time or tech.

Also quite a few magicians with a little time or a simple spell for the higher tier ones.

TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Thanos.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 10:22 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Private Pion

was this a PC feat?

if Superman could move the moon, then even lifting the entire empire state building would be like lifting a toothpick for him

Yup, several of examples PC.

The thing with Superman is he can turn his powers up and down as he sees fit, burning more or less solar energy as he wishes.

He keeps it low to stop him destroying stuff he wants to lift, so he could life the Empire State Building easy peasy but probably wreck it in the proccess.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 10:23 PM
Starscream M

also, I've seen in comics when characters bust planets...the planets are often no larger than maybe a large building

I've yet to see any character who can bust a planet-sized planet in which a character would be smaller than an atom drawn next to the planet

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 10:23 PM
HaSon

LOL @ planet sized planet

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 10:24 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Raoul
wrong. just wrong.
sentry did struggle lifting a helicarrier...and even if that was a bit PIS, it was an indication of his strength range.

I doubt Sentry could lift a tall skyscraper.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 10:24 PM
Starscream M

Originally posted by Vally Doosh
LOL @ planet sized planet
seriously though, most supposed planets that comic book characters break are smaller than a large apartment complex

I remember seeing a scan of Hulk supposedly busting a planet that was only 10x his size

yea, real stretch of the use of the word 'planet'

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 10:26 PM
Private Pion

He has a point though. Technically a planet is anything large enough to have its own gravity but large enough to be a star. That's the simple version anyway.

For all we know, all those busted planets were tiny.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 10:26 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

sentry did struggle lifting a helicarrier...and even if that was a bit PIS, it was an indication of his strength range.

I doubt Sentry could lift a tall skyscraper.

i wasnt talking about the sentry part.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 10:27 PM