KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spiderman/Wolverine vs Slade/Midnighter

Spiderman/Wolverine vs Slade/Midnighter
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Spiderman/Wolverine vs Slade/Midnighter

Who wins and slade and Midnighter get standard equipment.

Forgot about spidey web advantage. No webbing in this battle

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on May 25th, 2009 at 04:03 AM

Old Post May 25th, 2009 03:57 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

If Spidey gets his webbing here, Team One nearly every time.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 03:59 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Edited battle, read above.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:03 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Okay.

Team Two takes a solid majority then.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:07 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Enyalus
Okay.

Team Two takes a solid majority then.

So you're basically saying spiderman is the weak link.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:12 AM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by carver9
Well when you handicap him by taking away one of his most relied on strenghts

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:14 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

In this situation, Wolvie and Spidey are about even to me. Spidey's faster and stronger, but less durable with less training and experience. Kind of a trade off. Spidey would lose to either Slade or Midnighter. Wolvie would lose to Midnighter.

*shrug*

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:15 AM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

In this situation, Wolvie and Spidey are about even to me. Spidey's faster and stronger, but less durable with less training and experience. Kind of a trade off. Spidey would lose to either Slade or Midnighter. Wolvie would lose to Midnighter.

*shrug*
Peter could take Slade. Not on their first encounter but after 2 or 3 fights and he learned who he was messin with I'd say he'd take him as well or even better then Dick on a good day.

Granted I'd assume this would be a first encounter fight, in which case Spidey goes down.

Sidey Sense would be a shakeuper for Midnighter too IMO. I wonder how well his tactical prediction would work against someone with natural danger precognition?

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:23 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Entity
Peter could take Slade. Not on their first encounter but after 2 or 3 fights and he learned who he was messin with I'd say he'd take him as well or even better then Dick on a good day.

Peter's H2H skills are nowhere near Slade's or Dick's, though. And Slade's dealt with Wonder Woman and Batman's speed before, so I don't see the edge in Parker's strength or agility giving him a majority.

Originally posted by Entity
Sidey Sense would be a shakeuper for Midnighter too IMO. I wonder how well his tactical prediction would work against someone with natural danger precognition?

Meh...I don't think it works at the level Midnighter's scenario precog works at. Billions of scenarios per second.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:26 AM
carver9

*shrug*

Wolvie and spiderman speed is debatable, they're in the same ball park.

Midnighter isnt beating wolverine, I dont even know what made you come to the conclussion that he could. Cant say he's a better fight because he doesnt have the feats proving this. Cant say he's faster because wolverine feats out weighs his. I guess you're talking about his healing factor which again doesnt prove that he can take a claw stab from wolvie. So again, how is midnighter beating someone who is just better than him in all categories.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:32 AM
carver9

Peter's H2H skills are nowhere near Slade's or Dick's, though. And Slade's dealt with Wonder Woman and Batman's speed before, so I don't see the edge in Parker's strength or agility giving him a majority.

Meh...I don't think it works at the level Midnighter's scenario precog works at. Billions of scenarios per second. [/B]

With that kind of power Midnighter should NEVER get hit, got a question, has he ever been hit before? confused

If so then that mean that the above statement that you just said is hyperbole.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:34 AM
Spire

Lawl.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:36 AM
Spire is currently offline Click here to Send Spire a Private Message Find more posts by Spire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

So again, how is midnighter beating someone who is just better than him in all categories.

Because what you said isn't true?

With that kind of power Midnighter should NEVER get hit, got a question, has he ever been hit before? confused

If so then that mean that the above statement that you just said is hyperbole.

It was also stated that Midnighter was only in danger of being killed one time, ever. And that was when fighting aliens who could process things faster than he could, making his ability useless. The rest of the times, all the other beings he's fought...he apparently was never in any serious danger of being killed. Because of his battle precog.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:40 AM
Mindset

Meh...I don't think it works at the level Midnighter's scenario precog works at. Billions of scenarios per second. [/B]
Slade's hth skills aren't as good as Dick's, he's just physically superior.

Pete can beat him for the majority imo.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:41 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Mindset
Pete can beat him for the majority imo.

If it were just H2H, for a 10 fight majority, I would agree. But Slade has standard gear here. Automatic weapons and twin Promethium blades, so...

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:47 AM
carver9

Because what you said isn't true?

It was also stated that Midnighter was only in danger of being killed one time, ever. And that was when fighting aliens who could process things faster than he could, making his ability useless. The rest of the times, all the other beings he's fought...he apparently was never in any serious danger of being killed. Because of his battle precog.

What in my statement wasnt true because feat wise say different?

That was my question enyalus, my question was if you can predict a person move or plan a billion battle strategies to beat a guy then you shouldnt really get hit but he does. Everything that you're saying about this guy is hyperbole OR theres a way around that power.

Spiderman has a spider sense but gets tagged ALL THE TIME by people much slower than him.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:50 AM
Mindset

Unless he gets his staff, I still give it to Pete.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:52 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

What in my statement wasnt true because feat wise say different?

You said 'better in all categories.' He's not faster than Midnighter. Might be as fast, but it doesn't matter because of his scenario prediction. Midnighter's also stronger. And he's a very good fighter, as well. His HF is nowhere Wolverine's, that's true. But he's the reach advantage with his staff.

That was my question enyalus, my question was if you can predict a person move or plan a billion battle strategies to beat a guy then you shouldnt really get hit but he does. Everything that you're saying about this guy is hyperbole OR theres a way around that power.

Spiderman has a spider sense but gets tagged ALL THE TIME by people much slower than him.

Okay. So is Spiderman's Spider Sense hyperbole? No. He has it. Obviously. Just like Midnighter has his scenario prediction, and it works as stated.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:58 AM
carver9

You said 'better in all categories.' He's not faster than Midnighter. Might be as fast, but it doesn't matter because of his scenario prediction. Midnighter's also stronger. And he's a very good fighter, as well. His HF is nowhere Wolverine's, that's true. But he's the reach advantage with his staff.

Okay. So is Spiderman's Spider Sense hyperbole? No. He has it. Obviously. Just like Midnighter has his scenario prediction, and it works as stated. [/B]

I agree, spiderman has his spider sense just like midnight has his prec but both has limits, fighters. Martial artist tends to circle around prec powers and they tend to do it on a level where they actually make the fight turn in there favor.

By the way, what feat are you using to even make you think that midnighter is stronger?

Old Post May 25th, 2009 05:09 AM
carver9

The reason I called your statement hyperbole because his prec dont work on the level that you are putting it at.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 05:10 AM