KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gambit vs Deathstroke

Gambit vs Deathstroke
Started by: snoopdogg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Gambit vs Deathstroke

Standard gear for both combatants.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 04:29 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

I have to say Deathstroke.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 05:15 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

DS

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 06:00 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Deathstroke would kill him.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 06:11 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Nightwing can hang with DS, i see no reason why Gambit couldn't, i forsee a faceplosion.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 11:27 AM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

DS

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 11:58 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Deathstroke.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 12:03 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Space M ummy

Gambit could take this as long as he's not fighting like an idiot.

His speed and reflexes are superhumanly high- dodging bullets is common, but gambit's fast enough to block machine gun fire with that staff AND redirect them back with accuracy (Xmen #3) and his accuracy is pretty good. remember this is the guy that usually takes out his opponents by throwing playing cards at them.

Superhuman agility and accuracy being a given, (and thus, he's not going to be getting blitzed by DS's enhanced stats) he's not going to have too much trouble going H2H with DS, even though DS is undoubtedly the better fighter.

why?

It's pretty hard to defeat an opponent who can make your boxers detonate and kill you. DS's equipment actually might work against him here. I'd give him better odds against Gambit if he was fighting in the nude. At least THEN his costume and equipment getting charged during the fight and exploding wouldn't be a liability.

Gambit 6 or 7 out of 10 with all equipment, 5/10 or 6/10 if DS is fighting in the buff.

Last edited by Space M ummy on Sep 7th, 2009 at 01:38 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 01:36 PM
Space M ummy is currently offline Click here to Send Space M ummy a Private Message Find more posts by Space M ummy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

Gambit

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 02:52 PM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spire

Deathstroke.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 03:36 PM
Spire is currently offline Click here to Send Spire a Private Message Find more posts by Spire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

ds ftw. for all the talk about gambits super human reflexes and speed in all my years reading him ive never seem him do anything robin hasnt done in teen titans. i mean hes dodged multiple bullets/lasers and deflect multiple with his staff. what has gambit actually done thats far above that, speed and agility wise.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 03:55 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ryonslaught
Omnipotent Mind

Sorry but gambit gets gutted like a trout!

"In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!"

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 04:12 PM
Ryonslaught is currently offline Click here to Send Ryonslaught a Private Message Find more posts by Ryonslaught Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Deathstroke 7/10

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 04:24 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Space M ummy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raptor22
ds ftw. for all the talk about gambits super human reflexes and speed in all my years reading him ive never seem him do anything robin hasnt done in teen titans. i mean hes dodged multiple bullets/lasers and deflect multiple with his staff. what has gambit actually done thats far above that, speed and agility wise.

his speed and agility aren't really THAT high. he's not a speedster, afterall. I'm sure you could find batman/deathstroke/cap doing similar things. So they're probably about even. Nobody's blitzing anyone on speed alone for this fight.

It's the "I can explosively detonate anything you happen to be wearing" part that causes problems for deathstroke. Not Gambit's speed. Give Batman or Robin the same ability and they'd own deathstroke too.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 08:38 PM
Space M ummy is currently offline Click here to Send Space M ummy a Private Message Find more posts by Space M ummy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Originally posted by Space M ummy
his speed and agility aren't really THAT high. he's not a speedster, afterall. I'm sure you could find batman/deathstroke/cap doing similar things. So they're probably about even. Nobody's blitzing anyone on speed alone for this fight.

It's the "I can explosively detonate anything you happen to be wearing" part that causes problems for deathstroke. Not Gambit's speed. Give Batman or Robin the same ability and they'd own deathstroke too.

Sense!

You speak it.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 09:37 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

gambit higher feats robin could not touch. like catching a bullet.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2009 04:44 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

so robin can dodge bullets and deflect with staff but not catch one? when did gambit catch one and why didnt it go through his hand? not wanting a hole in his fist is probably why robin doesnt do that.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2009 06:00 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

so robin can dodge bullets and deflect with staff but not catch one?
yes

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 8th, 2009 06:03 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

i see this as 8 or 9 out of ten for ds. if gambit hangs back and throws cards ds can easily dodge them and he can fire back with lasers from his staff and a variety of guns and grenades are standerd gear for ds. and if u think hes gonna get close and charge his close gambit will leave the fight with nubs where his arms were after ds busts out his swords. thats just my opinion though.

Last edited by Raptor22 on Sep 8th, 2009 at 06:08 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2009 06:06 PM
jesserw21

but this is da same guy who paid DEADPOOL not to kick his ass...hey might work wit deathstroke also lol

Old Post Sep 8th, 2009 07:14 PM
jesserw21 is currently offline Click here to Send jesserw21 a Private Message Find more posts by jesserw21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote