KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » magog (jsa) vs beta ray bill

magog (jsa) vs beta ray bill
Started by: psycho gundam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

magog (jsa) vs beta ray bill

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 01:12 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I'm interested in seeing what else Magog could do, but for now, BRB.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 01:39 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

per doctor midnite, magog's overall powerlevel was near that of KC supes - and his staff was channeling energies on par with alan scott's green flame.

BRB wins though.... superior feats.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 02:24 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guysangel
Ashema the Listener

Bill

Thank u Starlock

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 02:36 AM
guysangel is currently offline Click here to Send guysangel a Private Message Find more posts by guysangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

BRB shoves Magog's military doctrine up his ass.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 08:23 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

bump

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 05:23 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

BRB.

Magog sucks.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 05:29 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Bil whoops him.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 06:44 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
per doctor midnite, magog's overall powerlevel was near that of KC supes - and his staff was channeling energies on par with alan scott's green flame.

BRB wins though.... superior feats.

I think Midnite compared his strength to normal Supes, not KC, and yea, blasts comparable to Alan Scott's.

He's combat trained and had a lesser power before so he adapted well to his fairly straitforward powers, but he's still not as experienced with his higher power level as some.

This is a fight, Magog's probably even going to get some licks in, but Bill should win.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 11:32 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

New character embellishment is almost a given. With some you literally just have to ignore their first few fights because they have "new character PIS" going in force. It's stronger than some jobber auras even. Stronger than Alan's flame? Heh.

He lacks anything impressive, at least on BRB's scale.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 11:45 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

brb

thank u bz

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 11:50 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

As a character purposefully designed, at least originally, to represent everything wrong with the comics of the 90s, I feel obligated to side against Magog.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 11:58 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

From what I hear/the bits I've seen, Magog's own comic was surprisingly good.

Originally posted by Digi
New character embellishment is almost a given. With some you literally just have to ignore their first few fights because they have "new character PIS" going in force. It's stronger than some jobber auras even. Stronger than Alan's flame? Heh.

Not stronger, just comparable output (and obviously, just a blast rather than having constructs).

Last edited by Q99 on Jun 28th, 2011 at 01:58 AM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 01:51 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Q99
From what I hear/the bits I've seen, Magog's own comic was surprisingly good.

I actually heard the Magog ongoing was one of the worst selling DC titles out at the time. I could be wrong, though.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 03:12 AM
Q99

Magog does have some feats-
(please log in to view the image)

Just Major Force, who's not particularly uber, but beating him isn't bad.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I actually heard the Magog ongoing was one of the worst selling DC titles out at the time. I could be wrong, though.

Oh yes, it sold horribly, like I think it started at 10 and was around 8k by the end (For comparison, REBELS's lowest point was 9k after 30-some issues). No-one was interested in a Magog book to start with. But from what I hear, it was better than one'd expect.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 03:25 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Q99
I think Midnite compared his strength to normal Supes, not KC
Nope, it was KC Supes:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 03:32 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Didn't KC Supes essentially wreck Magog's master and creator later in the series (I read it, just don't remember the details)? He never lived up to Midnight's hype.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 03:45 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Didn't KC Supes essentially wreck Magog's master and creator later in the series (I read it, just don't remember the details)?
Not really. All KC Supes did was decapitate 3rd World Gog via HV, after he'd already been knocked on the ground/incapacitated (afterward he went on to put Gog's head on the Source Wall.) Beforehand, 3rd World Gog had been collectively trouncing the combined JSA (ie. Alan, Thunderbolt, KC Supes, Starman, etc.)

The guy who deserves the most credit in that battle (by a HUGE margin), is Citizen Steel. The dude knocked 3rd World Gog flat on his ass with a mere two punches -- as I mentioned above, that is a task not even the aforementioned team was capable of. Extremely uber.

He never lived up to Midnight's hype.
Agreed.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 04:02 AM
Q99

Nope, it was KC Supes:

Ah, yes, but it's only 'approaching' his strength.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 04:05 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Q99
Ah, yes, but it's only 'approaching' his strength.
per doctor midnite, magog's overall powerlevel was near that of KC supes

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 04:07 AM