KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spider-Man vs Midnighter

Spider-Man vs Midnighter
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

Spider-Man vs Midnighter

Who wins?

Fight in an urban setting.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Last edited by Starscream M on Dec 15th, 2009 at 09:02 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 08:59 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Good match, I'd want to say Spiderman for the slight majority. It really just depends on the style and setting on the fighting. MN'ers calculation helps against Spiderman's movements, but Spidey's precog helps him to stay ahead. Spiderman has a few other abilities as well.

I want to say Spiderman 5.5/10, but some may or may not agree. When is that new? This has been done before too.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 09:01 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Good match, I'd want to say Spiderman for the slight majority. It really just depends on the style and setting on the fighting. MN'ers calculation helps against Spiderman's movements, but Spidey's precog helps him to stay ahead. Spiderman has a few other abilities as well.

I want to say Spiderman 5.5/10, but some may or may not agree. When is that new? This has been done before too.

You bring up some good points. Its basically a form of precog vs a different form of precog. Still, I'd give the slight edge to Midnighter just based on fighting skills and sheer ruthlessness.

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 09:15 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by TheKahn
You bring up some good points. Its basically a form of precog vs a different form of precog. Still, I'd give the slight edge to Midnighter just based on fighting skills and sheer ruthlessness.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 09:19 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Probably so, but he doesn't have higher damage output. Maybe it is an even split though.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 09:27 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Probably so, but he doesn't have higher damage output. Maybe it is an even split though.
actually he does.

he kicked a tank shell....that would shatter spiderman's legs if spiderman tried it

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 09:32 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Not too sure about that...

*not for the faint of heart!!!!*

http://img369.imageshack.us/i/n23op4.jpg/
http://img513.imageshack.us/i/m17xa6.jpg/
and my personal favorite
http://img523.imageshack.us/i/spineyw8.jpg/

wink

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 09:32 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I'm about to look, but I'm at work, is that when he kicks someone's head off? I've seen that, Spidey can do that too. If I'm wrong, then give me a second.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 09:35 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

I'm about to look, but I'm at work, is that when he kicks someone's head off? I've seen that, Spidey can do that too. If I'm wrong, then give me a second.

In order its
punch through a face
deadly nerve strike
and spine removal ala Mortal Kombat

Spiderman could likely accomplish 1 and 3 but if they are fighting in character (I didn't see where they were bloodlusted) he wouldn't go for the kill. Midnighter is a different story... evil face

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 09:38 PM
Starscream M

the only thing spiderman can't replicate is the tank shell kick

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 09:43 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Starscream M
actually he does.

he kicked a tank shell....that would shatter spiderman's legs if spiderman tried it

no he doesent. it called pis my friend. One time feats are not usable........

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 09:52 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Not too sure about that...

*not for the faint of heart!!!!*

http://img369.imageshack.us/i/n23op4.jpg/
http://img513.imageshack.us/i/m17xa6.jpg/
and my personal favorite
http://img523.imageshack.us/i/spineyw8.jpg/

wink
That's not even close to what Spiderman could do, he could probably perform all those feats with only using a 3rd of his strength.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 09:58 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Battlehammer
no he doesent. it called pis my friend. One time feats are not usable........
you misunderstand the meaning of pis

just because something happens once doesn't make it PIS...for example, if wolverine only decapitates once, its not pis.

its only pis if the event contradicts prior characterizations

midnighter kicking a tank shell does not contradict his prior showings.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 09:58 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

It has nothing to do with physical capability, I wouldn't say he has the higher maximum output, just that he's willing to kill, the idea is to do just enough to incapacitate. Something he can do. I'd say about even.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 10:00 PM
Mindset

actually he does.

Actually, he doesn't.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 10:00 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

you misunderstand the meaning of pis

just because something happens once doesn't make it PIS...for example, if wolverine only decapitates once, its not pis.

its only pis if the event contradicts prior characterizations

midnighter kicking a tank shell does not contradict his prior showings.

No I understand it perfectly.

True, but if the individual never display that type of power/strength again that is infact pis. Midnighters never shown that type of power out put asside from that single event which makes it pis.

It does contrict it. He never been display as that strong. He only slightly within superhuman range, that feat puts him vastly into it, which infact makes it pis.

yes it does, he never display that type of power or closes to it since or before that, it is infact pis.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 10:01 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by Mindset
That's not even close to what Spiderman could do, he could probably perform all those feats with only using a 3rd of his strength.

I know, hence...

In order its
punch through a face
deadly nerve strike
and spine removal ala Mortal Kombat

Spiderman could likely accomplish 1 and 3 but if they are fighting in character (I didn't see where they were bloodlusted) he wouldn't go for the kill. Midnighter is a different story... evil face

I didn't post them to argue Midnighter was stronger than Spiderman (I don't think he is) but to show that he had sufficient damage capacity to make this an interesting fight.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 10:03 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

Midnighter is not even closes to Spidermans strength.

People realize people with Wolverine strength can kick punch hole in people, crush skulls ect.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 10:05 PM
Starscream M

Originally posted by Battlehammer
No I understand it perfectly.

True, but if the individual never display that type of power/strength again that is infact pis. Midnighters never shown that type of power out put asside from that single event which makes it pis.

It does contrict it. He never been display as that strong. He only slightly within superhuman range, that feat puts him vastly into it, which infact makes it pis.

yes it does, he never display that type of power or closes to it since or before that, it is infact pis.
umm...I love your ignorance

you've prob never read even one midnighter comic

he has shown similar strength feats

he has hurt a superman level character with a hit

he has ripped a human's spinal cord out.

read a goddamn comic.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 10:06 PM
Mindset

You seemed indecisive to whether or not Spiderman could output more damage, or if he would be able to replicate those feats.

I'm telling you Spiderman definitely could.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 10:06 PM