KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Martian Manhunter vs Wonder Woman

Martian Manhunter vs Wonder Woman
Started by: Warlord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Martian Manhunter vs Wonder Woman

Both bludlusted with standard equipment

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 01:51 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Not all the time, but Wonder Woman. Her lasso cancels out his telepathy (& can even grab the intangible iirc), and she's the more skilled fighter with more endurance.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 02:04 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

I don't know why MM doesn't get the respect he deserves in comparison to his JLA compatriots (general popularity aside). Personally, I think he should easily be able to defeat WW and Superman given his diverse, high tier power-set.

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 02:07 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheKahn

I don't know why MM doesn't get the respect he deserves in comparison to his JLA compatriots (general popularity aside). Personally, I think he should easily be able to defeat WW and Superman given his diverse, high tier power-set.

Something I've noticed is he runs out of steam faster than those two. Using alll his powers at once seems to be more draining on him than using their powers is on those two. If he uses everything, he'll have an advantage but he can't keep it up.

In this one, he has a situational disadvantages of some of his major powers are cancelled out or partially countered by the lasso.

That said, he is one of the five people on Earth Superman does not want to face in a serious fight (WW and CM seem a shoe-in for two of them, dunno who the rest are).

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 02:32 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Jonn.

Proven to be able to escape her lasso when he's ready for a fight, making her main weapon redundant.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 02:38 PM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Jonn for me too

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 02:40 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I still think that MM doesn't get as much respect as supes or wm simply coz he's not as popular. but going all out with his full powerset, and he should pretty much dominate either of the two.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 03:35 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by FrothByte
I still think that MM doesn't get as much respect as supes or wm simply coz he's not as popular. but going all out with his full powerset, and he should pretty much dominate either of the two.

But, he really doesn't keep up using his full powerset long. If he busts out everything, he'll dominate at first but get tired out and they'll recover.

He can't simply phase constantly throughout the fight, it takes effort.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 03:41 PM
Sasaraixx

Originally posted by Martian_mind
Jonn.

Proven to be able to escape her lasso when he's ready for a fight, making her main weapon redundant.

He hasn't gone up against the upgraded lasso though, has he?

Jonn should win the majority. He should be the toughest person to take down in the league.

If we go by how they are portrayed in the comics, then Diana gets a few more wins.

I don't know who gains more from being bloodlusted. I'll call it a draw.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:23 PM
Sasaraixx is currently offline Click here to Send Sasaraixx a Private Message Find more posts by Sasaraixx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

when was the lasso upgraded?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:25 PM
namorsubby

manhunter

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:53 PM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sasaraixx

Originally posted by Warlord
when was the lasso upgraded?

During the Genocide arc. It's got the soul dump ability now and Genocide used it in offensive ways Diana had never thought of.

The bracers have gotten an upgrade as well.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 06:19 PM
Sasaraixx is currently offline Click here to Send Sasaraixx a Private Message Find more posts by Sasaraixx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Originally posted by Sasaraixx
During the Genocide arc. It's got the soul dump ability now and Genocide used it in offensive ways Diana had never thought of.

thanx pal

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 06:22 PM
Q99

Originally posted by Sasaraixx

I'm not sure if it's so much upgraded as unveiled- as soon as Genocide got it Diana knew the League would be no match for Genocide with it. I think it's something she always could do but never would, and probably still won't. So it's something that'll only show up in bloodlust matches, as an insta-win move.

The bracer lightning upgrade is pretty nice, though.

quote:
Sasaraixx

Jonn should win the majority. He should be the toughest person to take down in the league.

See: The Fernus the Burning League arc.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 07:24 PM
Naija boy

Id have to go with MM here in a no holds barred fight.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 07:34 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

MM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 08:05 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

Diana for the majority.

She's got better feats in all physical areas. His telepathy is useless due to the Eye of Pallas upgrade. Her lasso has mixed results in handling Martians, mostly resulting in immobilization. Without PIS the lasso should not be escapable. At all.

Her defenses are greater than his. She's more skilled than he is. etc. etc.

She has all the means to put him down and he has... ways to evade her for a time and isn't really efficient enough to take this head to head.

What's he going to do? Go intangible and spam martian vision all day? ohai aegis bands
ohai lasso

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 09:02 PM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Originally posted by Naija boy
Id have to go with MM here in a no holds barred fight.

Yes, IMO MM is likea taking xavier and Superman and then throw in some random awesome stuff, intangibility and shapeshifting all in one.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 09:27 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
r0nm0n88

Originally posted by Lord Feron
Yes, IMO MM is likea taking xavier and Superman and then throw in some random awesome stuff, intangibility and shapeshifting all in one.

i agree that MM is awesome, and has a crazy powerset. But i feel this battle is all based on his TP. If it is ineffective, then he goes down. Diana is to skilled and has better toys.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 09:37 PM
r0nm0n88 is currently offline Click here to Send r0nm0n88 a Private Message Find more posts by r0nm0n88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Originally posted by r0nm0n88
i agree that MM is awesome, and has a crazy powerset. But i feel this battle is all based on his TP. If it is ineffective, then he goes down. Diana is to skilled and has better toys.

I thought it was always said MM is Superman's peer in strength.

He actually said this himself recently in Blackest Night. "Why do people forget I am as strong as superman" as he tosses like a city block somewhere. Seems to have zero problem flyng around with that much weight.

I do agree WW is very skilled. But MM can shapshift into a being that would give him a greater advantage (like more arms or feet). I seen what a bloodlusted Diana can do, and how Superman can dismiss her easily. I believe MM can do the same but not as easily.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 09:45 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote