KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Death of the Endless Vs 616 Death

Death of the Endless Vs 616 Death
Started by: galactusischere

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
galactusischere
Apocalypse..begins!

Death of the Endless Vs 616 Death

The second oldest of the Endless(gaiman's version) vs 616 mistress Death(multi-death).
Neron, Mephisto, and Thanos watch. PIS, CIS, and Jobbing are all off.

Fight to the death... confused

Last edited by galactusischere on Jan 20th, 2010 at 07:24 PM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 07:13 PM
galactusischere is currently offline Click here to Send galactusischere a Private Message Find more posts by galactusischere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Power Cosmic II
BigG > Mad Celestial Host

i'm still reading through sandman. On issue #54 or so. So far the endless haven't impressed me in terms of cosmic scale feats but from statements and implied powers they are heavyweights.

That's my opinion so far. It may well change when i finish up sandman.

"It is unwise to battle the Power Cosmic." - Silver Surfer

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 08:15 PM
Power Cosmic II is currently offline Click here to Send Power Cosmic II a Private Message Find more posts by Power Cosmic II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Sandman wasn't about "OMG look how many people's asses I can kick!" but Gaiman made it pretty clear that they were above Gods and Demons but below Mike and Lucy.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 08:54 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
galactusischere
Apocalypse..begins!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Sandman wasn't about "OMG look how many people's asses I can kick!" but Gaiman made it pretty clear that they were above Gods and Demons but below Mike and Lucy.

They didn't have any combat feats though. They were only said to be powerful. And Death wasn't really scared of Lucy in the Lucifer series.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/...6_p07_super.jpg

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 09:03 PM
galactusischere is currently offline Click here to Send galactusischere a Private Message Find more posts by galactusischere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by galactusischere
They didn't have any combat feats though. They were only said to be powerful. And Death wasn't really scared of Lucy in the Lucifer series.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/...6_p07_super.jpg

But he punks her in this one.
She is scared of him. Just like Dream. All the endless are. He is beyond them.
http://static.flickr.com/47/127132181_64cf8bd931_o.jpg
But this thread wasn't about Lucifer, so I'm not sure why you posted that here.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 09:19 PM
Juntai is online now! Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

i guess this is power wise because neither can kill each other...

I have returned

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 09:31 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Death is the ultimate personification of death in DC/Vertigo according to Gaiman whereas 616 Death is just the Death of one universe. Death of the Endless' MU equivalent would be Multi-Death.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 09:33 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
galactusischere
Apocalypse..begins!

So umm.. who wins here, even if they can't finish each other off, who is more powerful?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 09:33 PM
Omega Vision

One would think Death of the Endless since she's a multiversal abstract. Really though it probably falls under which you like better since there's no real incontrovertible way to tell. I'll vote for Gaiman Death cuz she's hotter.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 09:41 PM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Death is the ultimate personification of death in DC/Vertigo according to Gaiman whereas 616 Death is just the Death of one universe. Death of the Endless' MU equivalent would be Multi-Death.
616 abstracts are the multi's unless its told that its there single universe selve

I have returned

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 11:38 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

616 wins. These concepts weren't impressive to me anyways.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 12:12 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Endless Death wins because she's hotter love

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 12:41 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by quanchi112
616 wins. These concepts weren't impressive to me anyways.

Gaiman's Death is much more "impressive" than a skeleton wearing a robe.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 12:42 AM
Q99

Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
i'm still reading through sandman. On issue #54 or so. So far the endless haven't impressed me in terms of cosmic scale feats but from statements and implied powers they are heavyweights.

That's my opinion so far. It may well change when i finish up sandman.

Did you get to the part where Morpheus gets handed a universe as a trinket?

There is a strong implication that the Endless are their concept everywhere, throughout the multiverse.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 12:28 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Death of the Endless would win, she is not a part of any cosmic balance like 616 Death. Destiny is the only one who seemed not to be afraid of Lucifer, he is usually calm even during extreme moments.

The Word

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 03:32 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by kevdude
Death of the Endless would win, she is not a part of any cosmic balance like 616 Death. Destiny is the only one who seemed not to be afraid of Lucifer, he is usually calm even during extreme moments.

Destiny knows exactly what is going to happen after all.

I don't think Death's afraid of Lucifer either.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 03:34 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

I think she was taken back by his threat, knowing he could have a very good chance at it, Death reminded him it wouldh't help his cause though, after that she didn't bother him again.

The Word

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 04:28 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Gaiman's Death is much more "impressive" than a skeleton wearing a robe.
Death can take any shape she wants. How i she more impressive?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 04:34 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
comicfan11
Ocean's Heaviest Hitter

Gaiman's gothgirl

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 06:17 PM
comicfan11 is currently offline Click here to Send comicfan11 a Private Message Find more posts by comicfan11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by quanchi112
Death can take any shape she wants. How i she more impressive?

She looks like a hot goth girl. My pants were much more impressed by her than Marvel Death.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 06:21 PM