KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Photon vs The Weird

Photon vs The Weird
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Photon vs The Weird

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 07:00 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

be nice if it gave a rundown of the weirds powers t.t

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 07:16 AM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Basically can control and manipulate all forms of energy, even magic. Weird is a pure energy being.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 07:23 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Basically can control and manipulate all forms of energy, even magic. Weird is a pure energy being.

sounds like Vulcan

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 09:20 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Warlord
sounds like Vulcan

Back when he first appeared, he did take on the whole league.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 11:19 AM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

don't get me wrong but the list of guys that have taken over the whole league (even from within the league) is really long...wink

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 12:06 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

He also helped defeat Synnar as well.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 12:18 PM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

sounds like a cool character. they should bring him back and I should try reading some of his stories

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 01:03 PM
Senor Cage

The last Starlin series were pretty bad. Sorry to burst yo bubble. big grin

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 01:12 PM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

sad

I'll try something else then...smile

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 01:14 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

The last Starlin series were pretty bad. Sorry to burst yo bubble. big grin

I disagree.

After his initial appearance, Weird lacks high end feats to match Photon. He's a really fun swiss army knife type of character, but I can't see him winning many.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 05:33 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Photon FTW

Starlin really didn't deliver in that sillyness

IMO

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 07:16 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

My favorite thing about the run, was Martian Manhunter actually attacks someone while invisible. He rarely does that... But he's the one who took The Weird out.

I have to go with Photon. Weird's kind of low on feats, and aside from MM beating him down, Superman did hold his own for a bit, with The Weird mostly running away.

Not to mention, we're talking Genis-Vell.. He has some pretty impressive high end stuff, from coming back from Lord Thor's flying hammer and knocking him off his feet (Pre Photon though), to holding off The Sentry..

Last edited by cdtm on Apr 6th, 2010 at 07:32 PM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 07:26 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

He just teleported Sentry, though. he didn't beat him physically. Weird would do the same and can manipulate any energy source.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 10:33 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

He just teleported Sentry, though. he didn't beat him physically. Weird would do the same and can manipulate any energy source.

Photon has other options than blasting energy though, like going invisible and trying a KO, like Martian Manhunter did.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 11:57 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Weird also has to touch energy for him to take control of it.

Photon probably wins.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 12:50 AM
Desaad is currently offline Click here to Send Desaad a Private Message Find more posts by Desaad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by cdtm
Photon has other options than blasting energy though, like going invisible and trying a KO, like Martian Manhunter did.

True, but that was an ambush and he wasn't aware MM is there. It won't work for this fight, plus Weird can do the same and go intangible.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 01:03 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Photon

Old Post Mar 1st, 2016 10:31 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by Zack M
and lets give credit where credit is due...

Weird did it with ease. Nothing phased him and there were some "big guns" getting slapped around like little kids.

They never really pushed the envelope with huge feats, but they also never put a cap on what he could or could not do with all those crazy abilities. If there simply weren't any limits to what he can do, or if they were as high as it was hinted at, this fight is a close one.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2016 02:24 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote