KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos vs 100 Green Lanterns

Thanos vs 100 Green Lanterns
Started by: TheTyrant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheTyrant

Thanos vs 100 Green Lanterns

No name GLs.
Pre-death Thanos.
CIS, PIS, and CIP are off.

Standard gear for all.
No prep.

Mad titan or the cosmic cops?

Last edited by TheTyrant on May 25th, 2010 at 08:42 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2010 08:38 PM
TheTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send TheTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by TheTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stunner2xx

thanos

Old Post May 25th, 2010 08:39 PM
Stunner2xx is currently offline Click here to Send Stunner2xx a Private Message Find more posts by Stunner2xx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

does he get his standard tech? like a ship that is invisible but we know its where he draws his high end powers from.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 08:39 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nicamarvin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Thanos vs 100 Green Lanterns

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheTyrant
No name GLs.
Pre-death Thanos.
CIS, PIS, and CIP are off.

Thanos or the GLs?
This is spite against the No Names GLs... mad

Old Post May 25th, 2010 08:41 PM
nicamarvin is currently offline Click here to Send nicamarvin a Private Message Find more posts by nicamarvin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

GLs win with quite a few casualties. Half of them die.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheTyrant

Only standard gear.

TheTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send TheTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by TheTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

so that is his standard tech his ship...hmm.. thanos easily

Old Post May 25th, 2010 08:44 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Wild Shadow

I don't think standard gear includes vehicles unless they're always using them in every/nearly every appearance (like Metron and his chair, Orion and his harness, Surfer and his board, etc.).

Or do you consider the Batmobile standard gear/tech for Batman in every fight?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 08:47 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I don't think standard gear includes vehicles unless they're always using them in every/nearly every appearance (like Metron and his chair, Orion and his harness, Surfer and his board, etc.).

Or do you consider the Batmobile standard gear/tech for Batman in every fight?
What he said.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 25th, 2010 08:47 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheTyrant

Standard gear is whatever he brings to his fights.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 08:48 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

GL's.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 08:49 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

It's CIS off so we have 100 GLs at full potential.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

he actually draws energy from his ships in almost every appearance for his personal use... shields, teleportation

Badabing
Karen

This isn't going to turn into a debate about whether Thanos gets a ship. I interpret the rules a "no he doesn't".

The OP says standard gear and a ship isn't standard gear,

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 25th, 2010 08:52 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

no but drawing power from it is,, is he going to have one of his ships run a fire run? no... will he raise shields and teleport ppl a galaxy away? yes will he use it to augment his blast ? yes.. will he use it to transmute ppl yes.. will he use it to make stasis cubes? yes... he is connected to his ship always has bn

Old Post May 25th, 2010 08:56 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hate to say it, but I think Thanos could pull it off..

Scrub GL's are usually about two or three levels below your power player GL. Yeah, with numbers they could beat anyone, but 100 may not be enough...

Maybe if they had Guy or one or two other big league players to organize them.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 08:58 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by cdtm
Hate to say it, but I think Thanos could pull it off..

Scrub GL's are usually about two or three levels below your power player GL. Yeah, with numbers they could beat anyone, but 100 may not be enough...

Maybe if they had Guy or one or two other big league players to organize them.
CIS is off

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post May 25th, 2010 08:58 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

no but drawing power from it is,, is he going to have one of his ships run a fire run? no... will he raise shields and teleport ppl a galaxy away? yes will he use it to augment his blast ? yes.. will he use it to transmute ppl yes.. will he use it to make stasis cubes? yes... he is connected to his ship always has bn
You can take this to a PM or take a warning. I already spoke on the matter. It's ish to think a character hets a ship. BRB doesn't get Scuttlebutt, Batman doesn't get the Batmobile.

If Thanos can't take on people w/o a ship it's not my problem.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 25th, 2010 09:04 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

thanos can stand up to odin and take a beating he can easily stand up to these posers.. probably even take a few rings or drain their energy into himself if he gets his hands on one of them after that they are in trouble..

Old Post May 25th, 2010 09:13 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Parmaniac
CIS is off

Point. Lack of CIS can't fix the power gap though.

A lot of non name GL's are scrubs, and can't even, say, capture a falling ship like one of them failed to do in Recharged, where Kilowog had to pick up the slack.

Generally speaking, only a handful of GL's really skirt the high level herald range, with the majority being between mid and low level...

Old Post May 25th, 2010 09:13 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote