KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Lucifer Morning vs Great evil beast

Lucifer Morning vs Great evil beast
Started by: Colossus-Big C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question Lucifer Morning vs Great evil beast

who wins here

I have returned

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 02:28 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

GEB

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 02:36 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
GEB

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 03:31 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Why is it that you still can't get Lucifer's surname right?

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 03:54 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

GEB, with ease.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 03:58 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Why is it that you still can't get Lucifer's surname right?

My guess would be because hes from Russia smile .

Btw TGEB.

The Word

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 02:33 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by kevdude
My guess would be because hes from Russia smile .

Btw TGEB.

He lives in Southern Florida actually. Miami area IIRC. He's just saying he's from Russia because that's where Colossus is from.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 03:00 PM
SamZED

Great evil beast is his actualt name?

Lame...

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 03:02 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by SamZED
Great evil beast is his actualt name?

Lame...

I'm not entirely sure he was ever named by a character on panel. I think that might just be a working name.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 03:03 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not entirely sure he was ever named by a character on panel. I think that might just be a working name.

Pretty sure he just called "The Darkness and similar names.

Btw, this TGEB talk has me wondering something: anyone know the scoop on why Spectre got retconned in another story? I think it was in "Last Days of the JSA" that it was mentioned.. Seems like an odd retcon without any real purpose..

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 03:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

He lives in Southern Florida actually. Miami area IIRC. He's just saying he's from Russia because that's where Colossus is from.

Ah didn't know that, hope he gets it down sooner rather then later.

Btw TGEB has been mentioned in The Sandman and Lucifers books and both kinda ignore the retcon, so who knows..

The Word

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 05:38 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by cdtm
Pretty sure he just called "The Darkness and similar names.

Btw, this TGEB talk has me wondering something: anyone know the scoop on why Spectre got retconned in another story? I think it was in "Last Days of the JSA" that it was mentioned.. Seems like an odd retcon without any real purpose..

Apparently the JSA writers thought that the Ragnarok the JSA dealt with would be considered a more pressing concern than would the battle against the primal force of darkness and evil.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 05:54 PM
guy222
With my gal

GEB

thank u bz

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 12:10 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Apparently the JSA writers thought that the Ragnarok the JSA dealt with would be considered a more pressing concern than would the battle against the primal force of darkness and evil.

The thing is, the events didn't even overlap.. Dr. Fate was even in both stories. If the JSA story and the Swamp Thing one happened at the same time, and the JSA had dibs on the character, maybe I could see giving Moore the "lesser" Spectre aspect.

I'm wondering if the JSA writers had it in for Alan Moore for some reason.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 02:07 AM
complexbrother
The protector of logic

Lucifer

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 02:09 AM
complexbrother is currently offline Click here to Send complexbrother a Private Message Find more posts by complexbrother Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by complexbrother
Lucifer

With prep, he really could.. Lucifer and the Silver City residents did manage to stop two beings that sat on the throne of the Presence, taking on his powers..

But head to head? The Great Evil Beast is basically The Presences brother. Spectre struggled with his fingernail...

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 02:17 AM
tsscls

Didn't the GEB + Spectre's showing against him/her/it get ret-conned?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 04:18 AM
tsscls is currently offline Click here to Send tsscls a Private Message Find more posts by tsscls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by tsscls
Didn't the GEB + Spectre's showing against him/her/it get ret-conned?

Possibly. A JSA story had Spectre claim he sent a small portion of his ectoplasm to that fight, after the Crisis.

After re-reading it, I'm thinking the main point was to keep Moore's big bad from overshadowing the Crisis.

Doesn't matter, Swamp Things big bad was more baddass then Anti Monitor could ever hope to be..

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 04:33 PM
Desaad

Which JSA story was that?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 05:06 PM
Desaad is currently offline Click here to Send Desaad a Private Message Find more posts by Desaad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Nevermind, I have it.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 07:53 PM
Desaad is currently offline Click here to Send Desaad a Private Message Find more posts by Desaad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote