KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Colleen Wing vs Huntress

Colleen Wing vs Huntress
Started by: Supermutant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supermutant

Colleen Wing vs Huntress

1. h2h
2. standard gear

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 04:06 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Coleen's badass but I don't think she can take Huntress in either scenario. erm

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 05:41 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Huntress just got some licks in on Lady Shiva, but I'm not sure if that elevates Huntress or knocks Shiva down a peg.

I wonder if Gail Simone realizes that testing the mantle of every female she can think of against Shiva in h2h devalues Shiva's skill more than it enhances the reputation of the other characters. And it gets worse each subsequent time it happens.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 05:50 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Sad day... reminds me of what Claremont does with Wolverine nowadays lol

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 05:52 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinzin
Sad day... reminds me of what Claremont does with Wolverine nowadays lol

At least he is off in X-Men Forever where I can pretend he doesn't exist.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 05:56 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

lol. Seriously.... That was of course after he was done killing exiles off faster than a Blade series.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 05:59 PM
Supermutant

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Huntress just got some licks in on Lady Shiva, but I'm not sure if that elevates Huntress or knocks Shiva down a peg.

I wonder if Gail Simone realizes that testing the mantle of every female she can think of against Shiva in h2h devalues Shiva's skill more than it enhances the reputation of the other characters. And it gets worse each subsequent time it happens.

Huntress got pwned for most of the brief scuffle that neither one really wanted to fight. All she did was throw some of her blood in Shiva's eye and knocked how down briefly. But Shiva was the clear winner.

I think Wing would take some victories in either scenario being a more technical and discipline fighter.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 06:04 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i don't agree at all. it was flat out stated in the book that shiva is the best MA in the world. period. it elevates huntress more than even begins to move shiva down imo.

huntress had to cheat just to last, and even then she admitted she still had no hope of winning.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 06:14 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Originally posted by -Pr-
i don't agree at all. it was flat out stated in the book that shiva is the best MA in the world. period. it elevates huntress more than even begins to move shiva down imo.

Better than Batgirl? IIRC Batgirl beat her fairly easily.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 06:17 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by The Pict
Better than Batgirl? IIRC Batgirl beat her fairly easily.

i don't think cassandra cain is even considered anymore.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 06:18 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

i don't agree at all. it was flat out stated in the book that shiva is the best MA in the world. period.
but that's not true though

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 06:20 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

i don't think cassandra cain is even considered anymore.

Serious? She beat Shiva, a feat Batman admitted even he couldn't do (around her first appearances anyway) so what's happened since? I haven't been keeping up with Batgirl.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 06:21 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Starscream M
but that's not true though

why not?

Originally posted by The Pict
Serious? She beat Shiva, a feat Batman admitted even he couldn't do (around her first appearances anyway) so what's happened since? I haven't been keeping up with Batgirl.

simone has always (iirc) written shiva as the premier MA in DC. BOP is her book, so it would be a case of her just reinforcing that position.

even if cassandra is better, i don't think it takes away from shiva any that huntress managed to survive. nothing in the book gave me the impression that simone was trying to make shiva look bad or had actually done so.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 06:24 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Cass beats Shiva because Shiva has a death wish and wants Cass to kill her... plus she is her mummy and stuff. It is CIS.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 06:24 PM
Starscream M

why not?
because I can think of at least 2 better than her currently

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 06:26 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

because I can think of at least 2 better than her currently

like...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 06:27 PM
Starscream M

like...
karate kid and batman

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 06:28 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

huntress had to cheat just to last, and even then she admitted she still had no hope of winning.

I don't know man. Her plan was to piss of Shiva, and tank her blows until she had enough blood to execute a cheap shot... and it worked. She freaking tanked Shiva's attacks! There is no way that makes Shiva look good. A c-stringer like Huntress should have gone down in panels if Shiva was putting any effort in, and she was.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 06:29 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

karate kid and batman

karate kid doesn't count.

batman? bruce? you could argue that he's better in all, but in pure skill? she's better imo.

I don't know man. Her plan was to piss of Shiva, and tank her blows until she had enough blood to execute a cheap shot... and it worked. She freaking tanked Shiva's attacks! There is no way that makes Shiva look good. A c-stringer like Huntress should have gone down in panels if Shiva was putting any effort in, and she was.

i don't think she was tanking at all. she was getting right f*cked up, only still in the fight through sheer willpower. she was a mess. i don't think the blood was exactly planned out from the start lol

and i don't agree that huntress is a c-stringer. imo she's almost on canary's level.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 06:29 PM
Senor Cage

Yeah, Shiva was basically playing with Huntress. Huntress finally got a cheap shot by throwing blood in Shiva's face. Shiva got too cokcy and it cost her. She even stated that Shiva was the best fighter on the planet, but Black Canary also said that White Canary was better than Shiva, so...

I give this to Huntress.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 09:52 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote