KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Golden Age Captain Marvel in Marvel Earth

Golden Age Captain Marvel in Marvel Earth
Started by: CosmicComet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CosmicComet

Golden Age Captain Marvel in Marvel Earth

(please log in to view the image)

vs

(please log in to view the image)

Not saying he's taking on the whole 616 Earth. Just where would he rank? Who would he beat? Who would beat him and how?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2010 09:52 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Thor, assuming no CIS/PIS, ends a fight between them very rapidly via "Soul Suck."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2010 09:56 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

He'd be at the top of the list. Especially with his true invulnerability and PC strength.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2010 10:53 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Did Golden Age Cap have PC level strength?

I'm in the process of hunting down and downloading his Whiz Comics appearances.

I THINK I remember mention of him lifting up South America one time casually? Not sure if that was a Golden Age feat or not.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2010 10:58 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Yeah, I think he had great strength or close to PC.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2010 11:05 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Cap has always been a bad ass if that's the case.

How many Golden Age characters can one say would hold up well against even today's top tiers?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2010 11:12 PM
Senor Cage

What do you mean?

And IIRC, I remember Cap building a planet. Pretty crazy feat.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2010 11:18 PM
CosmicComet

^I mean to my knowledge, not many Golden Age characters were all that powerful. Yet its possible Golden Age Cap could be inserted into many modern stuff today and still be a top tier.

I'm downloading a load of Whiz comics stuff right now.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2010 11:21 PM
Senor Cage

Yeah, you're right. BA was powerful as well. He once gathered all the earth's lightning to combat SHAZAM. I think that was GA.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2010 11:26 PM
CosmicComet

Hmm so far it seems he's FTL in the Golden Age too. Kinda surprised at that.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 04:55 AM
CosmicComet

Lol

It seems Golden age Cap is completely invulnerable afterall. He took a special canon shell with the power of '3 trillion TNT' to the chest to no effect.

He blinked. A little bit. Actually no. Not even that.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 06:09 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

When he was first published, Cap was considered quite a bit more powerful than even the likes of Superman. Why? Because he had the same amount of strength (if not more) + magics + NO weaknesses to speak of. But when DC eventually bought out Fawcett Publications (which was the company that published Whiz comics) it obviously didn't take long for them to begin waning Cap down to roughly Superman's level. Flash Fact.

Anyhow, Cap would be in the tip-top echelons of the 616 earth hierarchy, imo. The dude had ridiculous power.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 06:25 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Aye, tis common knowledge.

And oh hey. It looks like Cap could easily time travel too. (By going FTL to the Rock of Eternity and then flying back to a time of his choosing).

I'm loving the writing so far. It's far more intelligent and mature than I thought it would be. And Cap behaving like a grown man, and being a whole different personality than Billy is awesome as well. A 12 year old mind in a 30 year old's frame is just wrong.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 07:13 AM
Senor Cage

yeah, a lot of people think its cheesy comics, but there are a lot of grim stuff and death.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 07:22 AM
CosmicComet

Just read him tossing a small planet sized monster easily to the sun. The monster was close to earth too.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 09:05 PM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
When he was first published, Cap was considered quite a bit more powerful than even the likes of Superman. Why? Because he had the same amount of strength (if not more) + magics + NO weaknesses to speak of. But when DC eventually bought out Fawcett Publications (which was the company that published Whiz comics) it obviously didn't take long for them to begin waning Cap down to roughly Superman's level. Flash Fact.
but for some reasons some superman fans think superman was always a tad more powerful than the marvels
smh

I have returned

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 09:22 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

GA Captain Marvel is just a cut above GA DC. Even GA Spectre would probably lose to him.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 09:50 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

This would probably be difficult to confirm, but is Captain Marvel the first Golden Age comic character to travel FTL? If not who was?

I've seen at least 3 FTL feats by him so far.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 09:56 PM
Senor Cage

I think most users here have hardly read those stories. How is the feats coming along?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 01:19 AM
CosmicComet

The feats are going awesome.

Cap is able to hurt the robot Mister Atom. The same Mister Atom that was able to utterly tank an explosion that was powerful enough to throw him 100 years into the future.

I don't see anyone on 616 Earth beating Cap. He is a true monster. He's funny too.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 02:50 AM