KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Pick your Power 28 days later edition

Pick your Power 28 days later edition
Started by: D_Dude1210

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
D_Dude1210
Doink!

Pick your Power 28 days later edition

You and 3 friends of equal skills/knowledge/abilities are dropped in the middle of Los Angeles in a scenario similar to the one seen in 28 days late. A powerful virus has driven the entire population (around 6 million for the purposes of this debate) into a psychotic bloodthirsty rage and the whole city is after the 4 of you. Same scenario. Bite will turn you to one of them (effectively killing you)

You cannot escape the city (irremovable bombs are placed in your body in case you leave city limits longer than 10 mins.). You cannot hide forever (you will need to eat). You are given no provisions but are allowed to scrounge food/provisions from wherever you can find tho.

The goal is to outlast your 3 other friends. The person to live the longest is allowed to walk out of the city.

To assist you in your survival, you will be given the specific powers that you're allowed to use in whatever way you wish to be the last survivor. You are made to select one out of 4 different powers and the powers you don't select are given to your 3 other friends.

As luck would have it, you get to choose first.

-Organic Web shooters w/c are fueled by your own body energy. The more you use them the more you need to eat. Lets say each second of web shot burns like 50 calories as well as precious fluids (around half a glass of water per web shot). You are also given peak human strength/agility to allow you to climb and swing on the webs with ease.
-Optic blasts w/c can only be used for 1 minute a day or 60 single blast bursts per day. No wide area beams allowed.
-Classic (non-hairy) Beast level strength and leaping.
-Classic Jean Grey-level (Marvel Girl) TK that can be used around up to 5 minutes per day.

W/c power will you chose?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 11:30 AM
D_Dude1210 is currently offline Click here to Send D_Dude1210 a Private Message Find more posts by D_Dude1210 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I don't even remember what classic beast or jean could do.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 11:50 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Web up the front of a mall not a big one just one that has canned goods and plenty of water bottles. Zombies aren't breaking webbing.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 12:14 PM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Think Im gonna go with Cyclops. I don't think I will so screwed that I would have to use my optic blasts that much in one day and also I can use it to open pathways and cave them in later.

Also I think it would be the best weapon against the other 3 ppl. But IMO I would just try and hide and wait it out. Unless it starts taking too long.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 02:26 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_Dude1210
Doink!

For the purposes of this debate, there will be no "outlasting" the "zombies" (or w/e it is you can call em).

You can only outlast each other.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 02:44 PM
D_Dude1210 is currently offline Click here to Send D_Dude1210 a Private Message Find more posts by D_Dude1210 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Beast. Frank from 28 Days Later did fairly well keeping the zombies back with human level strength and riot gear. With Beast's strength and agility you could make them your *****.

These other powers are great but given the nature of the zombies you'd run out of your 'charge' fairly quickly.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 03:54 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Beast. Frank from 28 Days Later did fairly well keeping the zombies back with human level strength and riot gear. With Beast's strength and agility you could make them your *****.

These other powers are great but given the nature of the zombies you'd run out of your 'charge' fairly quickly.
yep. the limits placed on the other powers make this a no-brainer.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 04:12 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Originally posted by Omega Vision

I like beasts powers but did the thread mean leaping also means agility? If so I will go with beast. But I find cyclops powers super useful if you need to get in somewhere or escape to somewhere.

I forgot does the optic blasts make sound?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 04:13 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Lord Feron
I like beasts powers but did the thread mean leaping also means agility? If so I will go with beast. But I find cyclops powers super useful if you need to get in somewhere or escape to somewhere.

I forgot does the optic blasts make sound?

But Cyke's power won't help you at all with foraging for food and supplies the way Beast's will.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 04:33 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Yeah, for me the Beast is the only real choice too. Strength, agility, and jumping as much as you can while the other powers are too limited.

If nothing else you could escape the 'zombies' by leaping to the sides and rooftops of buildings, using overhangs, pipes, fire escapes and so on with Beast level grip strength. Leap from rooftop to rooftop to avoid the enemy and get easy access to locked up buildings for food, guns, and protection.

The risk of a bite would be minimized by mostly avoiding them, but you could also look for protective clothing like the riot gear or leather etc, arm yourself, and take them on if it came to that.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 04:35 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Why are you always trying to kill my friends?

Beast, ftw.

Climbing would be key in evading the zombie-folk.

If Cyke's power wasn't so handicapped, I'd choose him and just sit back and tell the zombie-folk to GTFOML.

Last edited by marwash22 on Dec 29th, 2010 at 05:05 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 05:03 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Hey Op.

There should be a clause that says we can't fight each other 'cause the person with TK could just hold the other 3 down and let the Zombie-folk go to town. laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 05:10 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by marwash22

There should be a clause that says we can't fight each other 'cause the person with TK could just hold the other 3 down and let the Zombie-folk go to town. laughing out loud
why would the tk person do that? confused

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 05:34 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Starscream M
why would the tk person do that? confused
err, to win...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 05:36 PM
Starscream M

err, to win...
oh, my bad..didn't see the scenario was to outlast your friends

in that case, I may have to rethink my choice...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 05:38 PM
D_Dude1210
Doink!

Hey Op.

Actually, the point IS that you can think about attacking each other. smile

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 06:30 PM
McNasty996

If we start out close to each other i.e. 5-20 feet. I chose tk and as stated make noise and hold the others down. I we are in seperate parts of town i chose beast, I would be able to sneak up om the others and break their neck or throw very heavy objects at them.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 07:03 PM
McNasty996 is currently offline Click here to Send McNasty996 a Private Message Find more posts by McNasty996 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by Uriel005
Web up the front of a mall not a big one just one that has canned goods and plenty of water bottles. Zombies aren't breaking webbing.
To bad webbing usually lasts only an hour laughing out loud

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 07:05 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Meh its only classic jean-grey.

Her TK wasn't the best and only 5 minutes a day. I think I'll still go with Beast. Mobility is key here.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 07:06 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

TK then. Even with classic TK levels, the ability to telekinetically manipulate small objects is very useful. I mean, the carotid artery is a small object. Or collapse the windpipe.

Are the 3 friends near you, or do you start at different places? That might change the answer

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 07:09 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote