KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Silver Surfer vs Superman (IN CHARACTER)

Silver Surfer vs Superman (IN CHARACTER)
Started by: King Kandy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
King Kandy

Silver Surfer vs Superman (IN CHARACTER)

OK enough "max potential" debates... we've been doing that forever. Who would win if they actually fought in character, with full knowledge that the other character is also a hero and therefore will likely try and defeat the opponent without seriously damaging them?

And no, this doesn't mean you can say "supes wins because the writer never lets him lose in the end". you still have a burden of proof.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 05:17 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

It's funny because it is really a power of his.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 05:17 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

This is easy. Surfer.

He actually has a way to disable Superman without hurting him but Supes would need to pummel Surfer into unconsciousness.

Surfer could just drain the solar energy from Superman or bombard him with red sun radiation and weaken him to where they stop fighting and talk it out.

In a straight up fight to the death, my money is on Supes though, but that's not what the thread is about so...

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 05:21 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

surfer still wins, just take a little longer

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 05:22 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Silver Surfer MD.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 05:27 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I think this one depends on why they are fighting. Since we're taking character into account and not just setting them against each other for our amusement, I think motivation should be stated. They're both aware they are heroes, but why are they fighting? It's a hero vs hero comic, we need a reason. There's always some reason they're at odds, like Surfer's been identified as a threat to earth, or Superman is going to explode or something.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 05:39 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

a super-race is going to destroy their respective earths if they don't win.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 05:48 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

So, basically KMC rules, but they're fighting reluctantly and not trying to kill each other.

That's alot harder to call. I might have to give this one to Surfer, given that's he's alot more ruthless to begin with. Superman is more likely to pull punches.

Then again, with the fate of the earth at stake, I could see this going either way.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 05:52 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Surfer for the win

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 06:08 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

I could see this going either way but surfer has far more advantages. Surfer wih basic knowledge of superman knows about kryptonite and power cosmics a set of kryptonite knuckles into existence and it's lights out superman. However that said I still believe a max power version of supes takes this but as he is right now.... Surfer.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 06:15 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Also, SS could be Supes easier w/o having to hurt him that bad.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 06:17 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Superman...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 06:38 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman...
and why ?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 06:39 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by chomperx9
and why ?

because I think that "in character" he'd be a better bet for winning.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 06:42 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
because I think that "in character" he'd be a better bet for winning.
and why ?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 06:45 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by chomperx9
and why ?

His strength, his speed, his intelligence, his powers in general etc.

I just do.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 06:46 AM
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

Surfer..he's more powerful..

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 07:09 AM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GRIMNIR

I think if they fighting using all their powers Silver Surfer win
Power Cosmic FTW

If it was H2H fighting Superman would win.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 10:41 AM
GRIMNIR is currently offline Click here to Send GRIMNIR a Private Message Find more posts by GRIMNIR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Depends on the confrontation.

Surfer begrudgingly leading Galactus to Earth to feed? I see Superman trying to demoralize/lecture Norrin to convince him to send his master elsewhere and appeal to his better nature. Surfer eventually begrudgingly attacks Superman and tells him to flee this planet while he still can. Superman fights back, Surfer pours on more of the Power Cosmic, Superman endures but is worse for the wear of doing so. Eventually, Superman recharges and beats down Norrin while telling him how he won't lose another planet and he needs to put him down, etc. Surfer relents and plotdeviceplotdeviceplotdevice later, Galactus goes to feed elsewhere and Surfer has a newfound respect for Superman or something.

At least, I find that to be the most likely scenario in character.

If nothing was at stake or worth to Superman really digging down and fighting for, I would say Surfer more than not.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 06:56 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

IN character Surfer would more often than not, blast and punch, which Superman would overcome and take the win as punching a win out is what he does.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 06:58 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote