KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Maxima vs Black Bolt

Maxima vs Black Bolt
Started by: Existere

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smurph
------

Maxima vs Black Bolt

neutral battlefield

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 10:53 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

she would be a tough fight, but i think once the scream come sinto play, it'll be over. she has good chances if she blitzes though.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 10:57 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I would side with Maxima more times than not. Personally, I think she could mind rape him before he could successfully speak.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 11:00 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

how is his tp resistence? cant recall any feats

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 11:02 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not sure.

If he has good TP resistance, then Max would have to go a different route.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 11:04 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

depends entirely on his tp feats. if he has nothing of significance, she ko's him pretty easily.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 11:52 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
depends entirely on his tp feats. if he has nothing of significance, she ko's him pretty easily.
assume he does, how would she fare against him if mindraping is not an option?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 11:53 PM
Senor Cage

Maxima, but if she doesn't take him out at the start, black bolt.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 12:12 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

what's up with all the Maxima threads?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 12:15 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

if you're banning mindrape, i think you need to ban the scream as well then, because she couldn't take it. now, thing is, smurph knows bb pretty well so i'm assuming he thinks bb has some mind resistance since he made the thread. not sure how powerful maximus's tp is, but i'm pretty sure he's resisted that level at least. maybe bb DOES have some good mind feats that would let him last long enough to use the scream.

barring BOTH tp and scream i think it's a good match. bb can amp himself by absorbing electrons from the atmosphere and has stood toe-to-toe with glads so strength is a wash. she'll have a speed edge but i don't think that would be a significant part of this--she's not a speedster and i'd need to see some consistent speed feats to say she could blitz him. it's possible HE could do some mindrapage of his own with his electron powers as well. both have some good transmutation feats. i think he could cancel out her energy powers with his electron control too.

hrm. it's really very close. maybe a slight SLIGHT edge to boltagon. 6/10?

nice match smurph.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 12:21 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

He's utterly ignored Maximus' tp in the past. Maximus has a fair range of power showings though, and I think it's a more interesting battle if we ignore telepathy and the scream, so let's go with that.

All other powers (including Maxima's tk and psi bolts) are game.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 01:26 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by marwash22
what's up with all the Maxima threads?

New trend. Fact she has so many powers combined with high physical stats makes coming up with matches a whole lot easier. Plus people are probably trying to find where to place her in a "tier list"

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 01:28 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Mostly has to do with Galan's fancy shmancy new respect thread for her.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 01:29 AM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Maxima might be able to mindrape BB but it certainly would not be easy for her. He has pretty good TP feats.

I'd side with Maxima 6/10.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 01:38 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Galan007
Not sure.

If he has good TP resistance, then Max would have to go a different route.
funny enough, his brother "max" wasn't ever that successful in that endeavor

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 01:39 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Maximus has fairly good TP powers, but I thought they were regressed and damaged due to BB screaming near him?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 04:47 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

I know he has tp resistance.. But is it strong enough to defend against hers?? Funny thing is ive seen him mind rape others by manipulating electrons in the brain.. And no it wasnt against Maximus...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 01:24 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I know he has tp resistance.. But is it strong enough to defend against hers?? Funny thing is ive seen him mind rape others by manipulating electrons in the brain.. And no it wasnt against Maximus...
When else did he do that? I'd like to see the instance.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 01:46 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Existere
I think it's a more interesting battle if we ignore telepathy and the scream, so let's go with that.

All other powers (including Maxima's tk and psi bolts) are game.
Depends.

Do you think BB's power over electrons would allow him to manipulate Max's psionic attacks? If not, then a few psi-bolts would likely down him (they've incapacitated Supes in the past.) If so, then her bolts would essentially be useless, and she'd have to go the TK/h2h route -- which would make things a lot harder, but still within her grasp, imo.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:16 PM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Galan007
Depends.

Do you think BB's power over electrons would allow him to manipulate Max's psionic attacks? If not, then a few psi-bolts would likely down him (they've incapacitated Supes in the past.) If so, then her bolts would essentially be useless, and she'd have to go the TK/h2h route -- which would make things a lot harder, but still within her grasp, imo.
Maybe. He's manipulated Warlock's karmic blasts in the past, and is probably familiar with psi-energy judging by how he's overcome his brother's powers.

Also, there's the shields that he's capable of creating that could simply block the blasts.

I think this probably goes to Maxima. I also think that his matter manipulation is a lot more robust than hers though, so that could be a good strategy for him.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:52 PM