KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cross-Genre Match: .............

Cross-Genre Match: .............
Started by: Sin I AM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Cross-Genre Match: .............

The First Avenger and The Caped Crusader are patrolling the streets of our nations beloved big apple when they happen upon two hulkin monstrosities, Goliath from the Gargoyles and Leonardo of the TMNT.

Rogers has his shield
Bruce batarangs, grappling hook....thats it
Leo his katana

cis is on, who wins?

2nd scenario
Goliath, Ramona
Leonardo, Raphael

vs

Cap, Winter Soldier (gets a k-bar)
Bruce, Nightwing (no special equipment other than batarangs and grappling hooks)

all combatants are bloodlusted, cis is off, and they are trying to kill...

3rd scenario

Last Man Standing between all combatants

also in no way are the gargoyles affected by the sun

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 09:55 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Is the first scenario a 3 way?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 09:59 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

no I just didnt list Goliath since he has natural weapons and as such has a significant advantage over Cap n Bruce the first match is

Goliath, Leonardo
vs
Bruce , Steve

cis on

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 10:04 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I'd say team one on the first match.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 10:14 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

"last thread ever" was a lie

Last edited by psycho gundam on Apr 3rd, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 10:49 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

It got attention, which was the point.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 11:18 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I think Toons in both, actually.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 11:53 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Sounds about right.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 11:55 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by psycho gundam
"last thread ever" was a lie

smokin' ..............last high herald thread to be exact

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 01:05 AM
Later Return
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sin I AM
smokin' ..............last high herald thread to be exact

You used to be lethal femme. Am I right?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 05:17 PM
Later Return is currently offline Click here to Send Later Return a Private Message Find more posts by Later Return Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Fight 1.
Goliath liked to make alot of noise once in the vicinity of his target not like it matters considering they are looking at each other.

Goliath aint beating Cap, he winded the Hulk. And Goliath and crew got hassled on occasions by the Wolf Pack.

Cap defeats Goliath. Batman keeps Leo distracted by keeping the high ground until Cap can aid him.

Win for Cap and Bats.

Fight 2.

A much tougher fight for the Marvel/DC team.
Bruce and Nightwing rinse and repeat against the turtles by keeping the high ground while Cap and WS have a tougher time considering WS only has a knife. So Batman and Knightwing must supply distractions/Batarangs against the Gargoyles while Cap cleans house. With WS dealing deathblows upon such distractions from the sky by Batman and KW. Keeping the Gargoyles from climbing terrain wont be difficult. Giving Cap and Bats killer intent is also a monstrous edge in their favor.

Win for Cap/WS Bats/NW considering they have a killer with protection (WS)while the Gargoyles have a killer who can't deal a deathblow(Ramona).

Fight 3.

Cap.

Note We need more clarification on which universe the turtles belong to.

Last edited by the ninjak on Apr 4th, 2011 at 06:46 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 06:38 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Re: Cross-Genre Match: .............

The First Avenger and The Caped Crusader are patrolling the streets of our nations beloved big apple when they happen upon two hulkin monstrosities, Goliath from the Gargoyles and Leonardo of the TMNT.

Rogers has his shield
Bruce batarangs, grappling hook....thats it
Leo his katana

cis is on, who wins?

2nd scenario
Goliath, Ramona
Leonardo, Raphael

vs

Cap, Winter Soldier (gets a k-bar)
Bruce, Nightwing (no special equipment other than batarangs and grappling hooks)

all combatants are bloodlusted, cis is off, and they are trying to kill...

3rd scenario

Last Man Standing between all combatants

also in no way are the gargoyles affected by the sun

is this comic version or tv show and if tv which one? Because it makes a pretty big difference what version of TMNT you use.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 09:17 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Re: Re: Cross-Genre Match: .............

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
is this comic version or tv show and if tv which one? Because it makes a pretty big difference what version of TMNT you use.

comic

Originally posted by the ninjak
Fight 1.
Goliath liked to make alot of noise once in the vicinity of his target not like it matters considering they are looking at each other.

Goliath aint beating Cap, he winded the Hulk. And Goliath and crew got hassled on occasions by the Wolf Pack.

Cap defeats Goliath. Batman keeps Leo distracted by keeping the high ground until Cap can aid him.

Win for Cap and Bats.

Fight 2.

A much tougher fight for the Marvel/DC team.
Bruce and Nightwing rinse and repeat against the turtles by keeping the high ground while Cap and WS have a tougher time considering WS only has a knife. So Batman and Knightwing must supply distractions/Batarangs against the Gargoyles while Cap cleans house. With WS dealing deathblows upon such distractions from the sky by Batman and KW. Keeping the Gargoyles from climbing terrain wont be difficult. Giving Cap and Bats killer intent is also a monstrous edge in their favor.

Win for Cap/WS Bats/NW considering they have a killer with protection (WS)while the Gargoyles have a killer who can't deal a deathblow(Ramona).

Fight 3.

Cap.

Note We need more clarification on which universe the turtles belong to.

fight 1

Hmmm...i really dont see stealth as an issue, and with CIS on imo Goliath should be able to physically take current cap down, whenever i see his fights against metas save spiderman, he's not really that impressive to me, and his wins always seem circumstantial, honestly i didnt forsee him battling Goliath to begin with, since Bruce has familiarity with Man-Bat imo Goliath and him would be inclined to battle each other, with Goliath gaining a slight maj

The Leonardo vs Cap confrontation imo would be alot better since the turtle has his sword plus his natural durability, the strength edge (nods to Leo) isnt great enough to be a hindering factor, but combined with his durability i see Leo takin it, since cap would be limited to blunt force attacks

more on the other bouts later

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 10:57 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

Re: Re: Re: Cross-Genre Match: .............

comic

fight 1

Hmmm...i really dont see stealth as an issue, and with CIS on imo Goliath should be able to physically take current cap down, whenever i see his fights against metas save spiderman, he's not really that impressive to me, and his wins always seem circumstantial, honestly i didnt forsee him battling Goliath to begin with, since Bruce has familiarity with Man-Bat imo Goliath and him would be inclined to battle each other, with Goliath gaining a slight maj

The Leonardo vs Cap confrontation imo would be alot better since the turtle has his sword plus his natural durability, the strength edge (nods to Leo) isnt great enough to be a hindering factor, but combined with his durability i see Leo takin it, since cap would be limited to blunt force attacks

more on the other bouts later

I sorry, but you clearly have not the read ninja turtles comics, becuase lot of what you are saying is wrong. Leo holds no physical advantage against capt at all and would get beat into the ground every time.

DOnt even get me started on how much your overrating goliath.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 11:10 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Overall Leonardo has been protrayed as a low level superhuman. The comic really covers so much of his character.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 11:52 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Overall Leonardo has been protrayed as a low level superhuman. The comic really covers so much of his character.

No he wasent. Not in the comics, in fact author on there sight which no longer up had them stated at Olympic level stats. They did literrally nothing in the comics to suggest superhuman stats in any area sane newer run and even those are far from consistent.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 11:54 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Why aren't we using the tv show version for a cross genre thread?

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 5th, 2011 12:03 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by jalek moye
Why aren't we using the tv show version for a cross genre thread?

I asked the creator and as you can see it above we are using comic version.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2011 12:07 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
No he wasent. Not in the comics, in fact author on there sight which no longer up had them stated at Olympic level stats. They did literrally nothing in the comics to suggest superhuman stats in any area sane newer run and even those are far from consistent.
Where was this?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Apr 5th, 2011 12:25 AM
Smurph
------

I think the comic versions win in both.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2011 12:57 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote