KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who would give Thanos the toughest fight?

Who would give Thanos the toughest fight?
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheLordofMurder

Who would give Thanos the toughest fight?

Who would give Thanos the hardest, toughest, fight?

1) Thor in full Warriors Madness, equipped with his Belt of Strength and his Asgardian Battle Armor...

2) Cyborg Superman; battle takes place on Planet Cybertron (Henshaw can use the available tech, but cant possess the planet and go into "Unicron" mode however)

3) Sundipped Superman (24 hr dip before the fight starts)...

4) Hunter/Prey Doomsday with Nimrod providing support via his scanning ability and weakness exploitation...

Battles last until one side has been KO'ed or killed; no BFR...

Old Post May 4th, 2011 02:36 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

3 and 4 beat him, and possibly 2 as well, as his own enhancing personal tech and shielding would be of no help against such a powerful techno-path, though I've no idea what all Cybertron could offer him. I'm sure there's some pretty dangerous stuff that could picked up, assimilated or built by Cyborg Superman there.

I'll let a better Thor fan debate that part.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post May 4th, 2011 02:41 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, I think 2-4 would beat Thanos handily. 1 likely would as well, considering the equipment he's been given.

As far as who would do the 'best' against Thanos, I'd go with sundipped Superman. Recall his battle with Darkseid: Supes was merely within close proximity to the sun for a few seconds, and he shredded through Darky (literally) as though he was less than nothing. During OWAW, Supes sundipped for a few minutes and was able to combat/defeat B-13, shove Warworld around, etc. In this thread he's been given a full-on 24 hour sundip... Yeah, he'd school Thanos with the utmost of ease.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 4th, 2011 03:40 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, I think 2-4 would beat Thanos handily. 1 likely would as well, considering the equipment he's been given.

As far as who would do the 'best' against Thanos, I'd go with sundipped Superman. Recall his battle with Darkseid: Supes was merely within close proximity to the sun for a few seconds, and he shredded through Darky (literally) as though he was less than nothing. During OWAW, Supes sundipped for a few minutes and was able to combat B-13, etc. In this thread he's been given a full-on 24 hour sundip... Yeah, he'd school Thanos with the utmost of ease.
thumb up

Old Post May 4th, 2011 03:41 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

As far as who would do the 'best' against Thanos, I'd go with sundipped Superman. Recall his battle with Darkseid: Supes was merely within close proximity to the sun for a few seconds, and he shredded through Darky (literally) as though he was less than nothing. During OWAW, Supes sundipped for a few minutes and was able to combat/defeat B-13, shove Warworld around, etc. In this thread he's been given a full-on 24 hour sundip... Yeah, he'd school Thanos with the utmost of ease.

I want to give this post the "Devils Advocate" treatment, but I find myself unable to counter your argument...

Well done!

smile

Old Post May 4th, 2011 03:48 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

What Galan and Juntai said, 2 would be the most awesome in a comic though imo.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post May 4th, 2011 04:11 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Parmaniac
What Galan and Juntai said, 2 would be the most awesome in a comic though imo.

Agreed 100%...

Get a great artist and writer, and #2 would make for a super-epic, awesome, comic...

Old Post May 4th, 2011 04:16 PM
carver9

This...

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 4th, 2011 04:19 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

I don't really get 4, even if Nimrod told DD a weakness. I doubt it's anything H/P can accomplish with his fists sooo... yeah whatever.

Anyway Think a sundipped supes should give him the hardest fight but I also think cyborg on freaking cybertron should also be a rediculously hard.

Old Post May 4th, 2011 04:19 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

His best shot is against the first opponent imo because Thor would most likely be just all raw power and rage. He could teleport him to another part of the Universe and hope Thor forgets about him which isn't completely out of the question if this is the last seen version of Warrior Madness. If he engages in anything even resembling a physical confrontation, he'd get utterly stomped.

Old Post May 4th, 2011 04:22 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

@Lord Feron

On #4, I envision Nimrod scanning Thanos for weakness, coming up with the "Drax Force," and then constantly bombarding him with that to dramatically reduce Thanos's durability...

@Rage of Olympus

No BFR; fights last until 1 side is either dead or KO'ed...

Last edited by TheLordofMurder on May 4th, 2011 at 04:33 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2011 04:30 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

For the 100th time... Darkseid is no Thanos when it comes to a physical confrontation. What Superman did against DS isn't indicative of what he'd do against Thanos. Trying to conflate the two as the same is really silly imo.

Old Post May 4th, 2011 04:40 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

Then Thanos better pray he figures out some way to return Thor back to normal, because Thor won't stop coming until he gets his hands on Thanos and then it's game over.

Old Post May 4th, 2011 04:43 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Based off of what ?

Old Post May 4th, 2011 04:50 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
For the 100th time... Darkseid is no Thanos when it comes to a physical confrontation. What Superman did against DS isn't indicative of what he'd do against Thanos. Trying to conflate the two as the same is really silly imo.
In your opinion Thanos' durability > Darkseid's. Regardless, I didn't conflate anything - I merely reiterated what Superman was able to do to Darkseid, just by moving within close proximity to the sun for a few seconds. Then I reiterated the power upgrade he received upon sundipping for a few minutes during OWAW.

In this match he's been given a 24 hour sundip. He'd annihilate Thanos with ease, in most everyone's opinion.

Last edited by Galan007 on May 4th, 2011 at 05:03 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2011 05:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

It isn't far fetched of one in either direction though, regardless of who you consider more powerful. Both treat top tiers, and heralders as nuisances and insects.

Except for Superman, of course. wink

Old Post May 4th, 2011 05:03 PM
Lord Feron

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@Lord Feron

On #4, I envision Nimrod scanning Thanos for weakness, coming up with the "Drax Force," and then constantly bombarding him with that to dramatically reduce Thanos's durability...

@Rage of Olympus

Hmmm "drax force" eh, i guess i should of thought of that..... stick out tongue

Old Post May 4th, 2011 05:05 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

In your opinion Thanos' durability > Darkseid's. Regardless, I didn't conflate anything - I merely reiterated what Superman was able to do to Darkseid, just by moving within close proximity to the sun for a few seconds. Then I reiterated the power upgrade he received upon sundipping for a few minutes during OWAW.

In this match he's been given a 24 hour sundip. He'd annihilate Thanos with ease, in most everyone's opinion.

I understand perfectly what you're saying, and I do agree, Superman would be a beast and certainly could beat thanos based on these stips. The point is, which you brought up, is DS durability is not even close to Thanos. If you can point me to any situation where a herald level being has beaten thanos h2h and shut his eyes and had him begging for mercy... then we'll talk about them being equal. Problem is, that has never, nor probably will ever happen. Thinking DS has good durability is one thing, trying to say it's equal to Thanos is another thing entirely. When feats make it clear Thanos durability is above DS.

Old Post May 4th, 2011 05:22 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I simply mentioned that Superman was able to easily shred through Darkseid just by getting close to the sun. Don't know how you got some sort of Darkseid/Thanos durability comparison from that..? confused

Last edited by Galan007 on May 4th, 2011 at 05:28 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2011 05:25 PM
Harbinger
Firestorm

Pretty obvious that Galan is using DS as a baseline as opposed to claiming that DS's durability > Thanos'. Both are in the same tier of power, so it only stands to reason........yeah, you get the rest.

Old Post May 4th, 2011 05:39 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote