KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Sebastian Shaw vs Wonder Woman (Unequiped) in Cage Match

Sebastian Shaw vs Wonder Woman (Unequiped) in Cage Match
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

Sebastian Shaw vs Wonder Woman (Unequiped) in Cage Match

Fight inside a large adamantium cage.

Who wins?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 12:18 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Just as Power Girl and Thor would beat him, so would Diana.

Especially because she's a skilled martial artist who's also observant enough to notice what's up with his powers relatively soon.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 12:24 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99

Especially because she's a skilled martial artist who's also observant enough to notice what's up with his powers relatively soon.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 04:04 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Diana switches to grapples once she figures out what's going on (or Shaw gloats about it). WW 4/5 or better.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 03:08 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Like I said in the PG thread: One-shotting Rogue /w/ Ms. Marvel's powers is a very impressive feat on Shaw's end, and proves that he certainly has the potential to give Dianna a good fight. However, he's usually not written on that uber of a level (and for good reason)- thus Dianna would definitely take the majority.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 03:48 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Originally posted by Q99

Once she finds out he should be at a significant threat level, but what gonna happen after that? How will WW take out Shaw?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 04:36 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Like Laminator X said, grappling.

--
Even in a slug fest, she'd win in an end.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 05:50 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Q99
Wrestling? Sure that's a good way to get around Shaw's energy absorption, but I don't see how she'd win that way..?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 06:43 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Would Shaw's powers would prevent pressure points and suffocation?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 06:49 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Pressure points require an input of kinetic energy, no? Suffocation might be possible though- depending on how she does it.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 07:08 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

I guess Diana...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 07:09 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Q99

--

I don't think grappling would work. Since she's gonna have to exert energy (kinetic energy) to hold him down/restrain him.

And I still haven't seen a scan of him being overloaded by purely physical attacks. So it's unfair to claim she'd win in a slugfest.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 07:10 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Galan007
Pressure points require an input of kinetic energy, no? Suffocation might be possible though- depending on how she does it.
so does suffocation then...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 07:11 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, unless a pillow is standard equipment for Dianna, I'm not sure how she could suffocate Shaw without utilizing kinetic energy in some fashion..?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 07:16 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Dirty pillows are standard equipment for Diana.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 07:18 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, unless a pillow is standard equipment for Dianna, I'm not sure how she could suffocate Shaw without utilizing kinetic energy in some fashion..?
I don't see how a pillow would change anything? presumably she'd still have to use tremendous force to keep it on his face, and that energy would transfer to him, making him stronger.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 07:20 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Dirty pillows are standard equipment for Diana.

Originally posted by Starscream M
I don't see how a pillow would change anything? presumably she'd still have to use tremendous force to keep it on his face, and that energy would transfer to him, making him stronger.
Passive attacks have beaten Shaw in the past (that's how Nimrod did it)- but in a scenario like this where Shaw cannot be passively BFR'd, then Dianna will have to get crafty if she's going to beat him.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 07:28 PM
Lord Feron

Originally posted by Q99

--

The force used to subdue him will only empower him me thinks.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 07:32 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Originally posted by zopzop
I don't think grappling would work. Since she's gonna have to exert energy (kinetic energy) to hold him down/restrain him.

Shaw doesn't absorb all the kinetic energy applied to his body. If he did he couldn't ride in a car. Heck, since he can hit things to power himself up, he couldn't chew or exhale properly if he absorbed even minute pressures.

Since he can do these things, there seems to be a minimum threshold of impulse (change in momentum) required to trigger his power. We cant know what it is exactly, except to say that it's greater than a footfall and less than a punch.

Since his limo accelerating to highway speeds doesn't trigger his power (as evinced by the limo successfully pushing Shaw to those speeds as well), slow steady application of force against him is clearly possible. (Have we ever seen Shaw in a plane?)

Thus, something like a sleeper hold, bear hug, or choke should work.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 10:10 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Laminator_X
Shaw doesn't absorb all the kinetic energy applied to his body. If he did he couldn't ride in a car. Heck, since he can hit things to power himself up, he couldn't chew or exhale properly if he absorbed even minute pressures.

Since he can do these things, there seems to be a minimum threshold of impulse (change in momentum) required to trigger his power. We cant know what it is exactly, except to say that it's greater than a footfall and less than a punch.

Since his limo accelerating to highway speeds doesn't trigger his power (as evinced by the limo successfully pushing Shaw to those speeds as well), slow steady application of force against him is clearly possible. (Have we ever seen Shaw in a plane?)

Thus, something like a sleeper hold, bear hug, or choke should work.
Subduing a character of Shaw's strength in a "sleeper hold, bear hug, or choke" would require a much greater input of kinetic energy than chewing, exhaling, or riding in a car.

...So I don't think your analogies really work. :/

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 10:23 PM