KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iron Man vs Jack of Hearts

Iron Man vs Jack of Hearts
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Iron Man vs Jack of Hearts

Who wins?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 03:44 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

A PISless Jack should take the majority wins, but IM makes him work for them.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 03:53 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

ironman.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 12:07 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Jack gets no love. He's a legit herald level being (where he places on that list is debatable but for sure he's not high herald). FTL travel, able to survive indefinitely in space, able to survive inside the heat and pressure inside the hearts of stars, hangs with heralds.

His best feat was recharging a dying star :
(please log in to view the image)

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 07:46 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Jack wins.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 08:02 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

I'm giving this to JOH 8/10 dough Tony's is no strange to 0 energy and with his smart that alone should garner him some wins.

My Artwork

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 08:35 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i disagree he gets no love. he is what he is. his list of beaten opponents is short, his powers can run rampant and im has great energy absorbing skills. i'd say im for the high majority.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 09:59 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Potential and what they've actually done with what they're given are two different things regarding comic book characters.

I agree that, in theory, JoH could potentially beat the crap out of Tony, but I find that to be unlikely. Tony's far more reliable.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 10:31 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Potential and what they've actually done with what they're given are two different things regarding comic book characters.

I agree that, in theory, JoH could potentially beat the crap out of Tony, but I find that to be unlikely. Tony's far more reliable.

can tony really absorb that much energy with standard gear?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 10:36 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Between absorbing the energy and shielding himself from it, I'd say it's definitely possible given his feats. He tanked an exploding fuel cell with enough fuel to reach from Earth to Mars and back again with his armor's defenses. Same explosion took out Savage Hulk.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 10:39 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Between absorbing the energy and shielding himself from it, I'd say it's definitely possible given his feats. He tanked an exploding fuel cell with enough fuel to reach from Earth to Mars and back again with his armor's defenses. Same explosion took out Savage Hulk.

Jake, think about what you said right there. Jack re-ignited a SUN. Tony tanked an exploding fuel cell.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 10:41 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by zopzop
Jake, think about what you said right there. Jack re-ignited a SUN. Tony tanked an exploding fuel cell.

Yeah, it's a high end feat for Jack.

Still doesn't change the fact that he's generally portrayed to be far less uber than what that showing would imply.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 10:42 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Yeah, it's a high end feat for Jack.

Still doesn't change the fact that he's generally portrayed to be far less uber than what that showing would imply.

Dude has abilities that dwarf IM. FTL intergalactic travel, ability to survive the heat and pressure inside the hearts of stars, ability to survive indefinitely in space, etc... All this is beyond IM's capabilities. His highest feat dwarfs IM's too. So it's not hard to see why some say he'd beat IM for the majority.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 10:43 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Dude has abilities that dwarf IM. FTL intergalactic travel, ability to survive the heat and pressure inside the hearts of stars, ability to survive indefinitely in space, etc... All this is beyond IM's capabilities. His highest feat dwarfs IM's too. So it's not hard to see why some say he'd beat IM for the majority.

I'm not disputing that. His ultimate potential is beyond Iron Man. Thing is, the majority of the time, he's just not portrayed as being clearly and decisively beyond Iron Man in the context of a battle. Which is why, while I personally don't see Jack beating Iron Man in a conventional battle, I can definitely see why you and others give him the majority.

You also have to take into account Iron Man's track record against herald beings, which speaks for itself.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 10:49 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

What substantially diff. For Tony pared with norm SPB is his reliant with his armors capability, each one designed to function on diff. situation. So to say for example: His current bleeding edge armor have a similar energy soaking capabilities to one used against Surfer would be wrong.. What would be in discussion is current armor vs JOH.. So far Ive seen < JOH..

My Artwork

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 11:14 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gogogadgetgo

and? i can ignite a gas station size explosion with a match stick.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2011 08:18 AM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
and? i can ignite a gas station size explosion with a match stick.

And cause that gas station size explosion to continue to burn for billions of years?! Sweet! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 8th, 2011 09:01 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jake, think about what you said right there. Jack re-ignited a SUN. Tony tanked an exploding fuel cell. [/img]

eek!

I knew he was powerful, but not that powerful.

And Rom: Space Knight tanked attacks from him.. For a stupid looking toy, Rom is pretty uber..

Old Post Nov 8th, 2011 09:04 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

On average, Jack of Hearts is a bonafide Low Herald...

Given his capabilities, I honestly believe he beats Tony every single time; wont be easy, but I cant see Tony beating this guy...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2011 09:33 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gogogadgetgo

And cause that gas station size explosion to continue to burn for billions of years?! Sweet! roll eyes (sarcastic)

with enough fuel, yeah it could. now whats a sun or star made of? flammable gasses? hell, with that much flammable gasses i can ignite a sun with a match stick.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2011 09:39 AM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote