KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wolverine vs Blade/Cassie

Wolverine vs Blade/Cassie
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Wolverine vs Blade/Cassie

Everyone has standard gear.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 1st, 2011 08:58 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

cassie?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2011 01:13 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

A few years ago SHIELD hired Blade to bring Wolverine into custody but during the fight Blade changed his mind right when he was gonna put Logan down.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2011 01:20 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

Are we talking Cassandra Cain?

Or Wonder Girl

or what?

Because I've seen the feats compared with each other and I give a nod to Wolverine over Blade.

Now, Blade is a tough customer and pretty skilled; he just doesn't have the martial arts exposure to make me think he's Wolverine's near equal in fighting skill. Add on that they're comparable to speed and that Wolverine may have strength by a small margin and durability by a mile and I don't see Blade winning without massive prep and/or dumb luck.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2011 02:55 AM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggernaut74
A few years ago SHIELD hired Blade to bring Wolverine into custody but during the fight Blade changed his mind right when he was gonna put Logan down.

There was context to that though.

Logan didn't even want to fight Blade for one and he had just finished a several hour long fight with Omega Red.

And even then Blade's ace in the hole was trying to vampirize him and we already know Wolverine's healing factor eats that.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2011 02:56 AM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
There was context to that though.

Logan didn't even want to fight Blade for one and he had just finished a several hour long fight with Omega Red.

And even then Blade's ace in the hole was trying to vampirize him and we already know Wolverine's healing factor eats that.
Oh, I remember Logan threateneing that he was going to kill Blade. I also recall Blade wanted to bring him in alive as well.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2011 02:59 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Cassandra Cain

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2011 03:06 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

(please log in to view the image)

The relevant scan.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2011 03:09 AM
SamZED

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Oh, I remember Logan threateneing that he was going to kill Blade. I also recall Blade wanted to bring him in alive as well.
Blade didnt really have the upperhand in that fight. They were both on the ground, Blade didnt use the needle while Logan didnt use his claws.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2011 05:49 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by SamZED
Blade didnt really have the upperhand in that fight. They were both on the ground, Blade didnt use the needle while Logan didnt use his claws.
According to the writer he did...he didn't write the scene very well though...I'm interested if his answer would change if a Wolverine fan e-mailed him.

Anyway the team should take it.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2011 04:15 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
(please log in to view the image)

The relevant scan.

Chaykin? that guy doesn't seem to know what faces actually look like ... or how teeth are often not gritted, especially during conversation.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2011 04:37 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I don't mind his faces actually. Chaykin's art has the same problem as Romita Jr, it is very flat, but instead of embracing that they both colour their work to emphasize the none existent form of their figures, which makes the work come off even flatter then it would normally. I think if it was coloured like the work of Marcos Martin or Paolo Rivera on Daredevil, Chaykin's art would like 100 times better (same with Romita Jr). He needs to embrace the classic sensibilities of his art instead of pretending its something that it isn't.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2011 05:22 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by Trackz
According to the writer he did...he didn't write the scene very well though...I'm interested if his answer would change if a Wolverine fan e-mailed him.

Anyway the team should take it.
What do you mean according to the writer? He said something in an interview? Im asking because it seemed like the scene was intended to be a stalemate.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 07:32 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by SamZED
What do you mean according to the writer? He said something in an interview? Im asking because it seemed like the scene was intended to be a stalemate.
I emailed him after getting tired of all the debate, he said it was a stalemate with blade having the slight upperhand (he had a means of possibly killing Wolverine which people usually don't). the scene could've been written better in my opinion though. His exact quote was:
"The fight was designed to end in a draw -- albeit with Blade having the upper hand, mainly because Wolverine's healing factor makes him virtually unbeatable in this kind of fight."
Then he talked about a Blade/Wolverine one-shot he penned in 2007.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 04:47 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Guardian

Blade can hang with Wolverine but eventually Wolverine would take him down, most likely anyway.

But Cassandra might take Wolverine down on her own she is that good

Old Post Dec 16th, 2011 05:28 PM
Silent Guardian is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Guardian a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Guardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Why would going 15 rounds with Omega Red leave him tired? When he has the HF, and I've seen him shrug off worse...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2011 06:36 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Why would going 15 rounds with Omega Red leave him tired? When he has the HF, and I've seen him shrug off worse...
b/c his healing factor needs to recover and his healing factor slows down.

it has bn emphasized several times throughout wolverine's comic career. erm

Old Post Dec 16th, 2011 06:43 PM
Nietzschean is currently offline Click here to Send Nietzschean a Private Message Find more posts by Nietzschean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Omega Red powers dwindles Wolverines healing factor. Just being around Red drains him. It had nothing to do with the fight...it was leaned more on the powerset.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2011 06:45 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

It drains his hf. But during the fight he was stabbed and shot multiple times with no worries. Wolverine's hf is top notch.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2011 07:24 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Silent Guardian
But Cassandra might take Wolverine down on her own she is that good

lmao

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Dec 16th, 2011 08:22 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote