KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » H/P Doomsday Rampages on DC Earth

H/P Doomsday Rampages on DC Earth
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

H/P Doomsday Rampages on DC Earth

Inspired by Brucie's thread.

H/P Doomsday is angry and stuff and travels through time and space and lands on DC Earth, prior to the Flashpoint event. He's pretty pissed, yeah.

NO BFR.

DC Squad (everyone is operating at peak performance)

Hal Jordan, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel (Billy Batson), Captain Atom, Lex Luthor w/ battle suit, Felix Faust, Darkseid (non FC/ALE), Solomon Grundy

vs

H/P Doomsday

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:02 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

HP DD.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:04 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

How?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:08 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
How?
putting his bonespurred fists through their heads, one by one.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:09 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Billy and CA would be the biggest issues. Aside from them, DD's already owned most of those fellas simultaneously.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:10 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

thumb up

thank u bz

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:12 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Galan007
Billy and CA would be the biggest issues. Aside from them, DD's already owned most of those fellas simultaneously.
I don't think they would be issues at all...I think you're coming from the magical angle? I just don't think their brand of magic is powerful enough to beat dd

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:12 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Most of them have also been upgraded and have been given better feats since that time period, though. Do you agree?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:14 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Starscream M
I don't think they would be issues at all...I think you're coming from the magical angle? I just don't think their brand of magic is powerful enough to beat dd

CA doesn't have magic.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:14 AM
Starscream M

CA doesn't have magic.
ah...I mistook it for CM. CA isn't a threat at all.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:17 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Most of them have also been upgraded and have been given better feats since that time period, though. Do you agree?
While that may be true for the most part, every time Doomsday pops up he is always portrayed as a major threat. For instance, even the Luthor-cloned version of DD from AC smacked around multiple solar-powered Kryptonians (inc. Superman and Kara), and tanked their collective HV. It was only when a dozen (or so) of them ganged up on him that DD was beaten.

...And H/P is considered far and away superior to these 'no name' incarnations. Point being: I think H/P would do just as well now as he did back then. His effortless trouncing of Darkseid is a bigger feat then most realize, imo. /shrug

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:43 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

While that may be true for the most part, every time Doomsday pops up he is always portrayed as a major threat. For instance, even the Luthor-cloned version of DD from AC smacked around multiple solar-powered Kryptonians (inc. Superman and Kara), and tanked their collective HV. It was only when a dozen (or so) of them ganged up on him that DD was beaten.

...And H/P is considered far and away superior to these 'no name' incarnations. Point being: I think H/P would do just as well now as he did back then. His effortless trouncing of Darkseid is a bigger feat then most realize, imo. /shrug

Fair enough.

I feel that the gap displayed between H/P DD and Superman alone has been closed quite a bit due to Kal's better feats. And people like Hal, Captain Marvel, Diana, etc, have likewise gotten either more powerful through explicit upgrades, or just have been portrayed with better feats since the 90s. I think, truthfully, Doomsday would be a threat to the team, but to the degree where he could take them all on at once and possibly win? I just don't see it, personally. I agree in team busting on panel to a degree, but then when someone (ie. Superman) is able to contend for an extended period of time against said team buster on his own, it somewhat ruins the validity of it.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:55 AM
Starscream M

but then when someone (ie. Superman) is able to contend for an extended period of time against said team buster on his own, it somewhat ruins the validity of it.
but that's simply a false premise, as superman cannot contend with hp dd at all

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:58 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

but that's simply a false premise, as superman cannot contend with hp dd at all

Superman's feats tend to disagree with you. Perhaps it's a bad example as it is Superman (who tends to go above and beyond when plot calls for it), but Superman has a storied history of being on a team and getting roughed up by someone and then standing up to that same threat by himself later on.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 01:03 AM
Starscream M

Superman's feats tend to disagree with you. Perhaps it's a bad example as it is Superman (who tends to go above and beyond when plot calls for it), but Superman has a storied history of being on a team and getting roughed up by someone and then standing up to that same threat by himself later on.
right...hence all the more impressive that HP DD was the one foe that truly scared him to the core, the one foe he did not think any powerup would help him beat, the one foe he had to send to the end of time to win

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 01:04 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I agree in team busting on panel to a degree, but then when someone (ie. Superman) is able to contend for an extended period of time against said team buster on his own, it somewhat ruins the validity of it.
Meh, Superman has an extensive history of dealing with beings that should be WELL beyond his 'tier'. It's what he does.

I've said it several times before: when the need arises, Superman > ALL (Final Crisis solidified that much.)

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 01:07 AM
Starscream M

I've said it several times before: when the need arises, Superman > ALL
except for HP DD, which says something

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 01:09 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

right...hence all the more impressive that HP DD was the one foe that truly scared him to the core, the one foe he did not think any powerup would help him beat, the one foe he had to send to the end of time to win

And Superman later turned around and got over his fear of Doomsday and his "death" at his hands.

Doomsday was designed, introduced, and intended to be the ultimate enemy for Superman, and not just physically, but emotionally and psychologically. Physically, he's still a beast, but those emotional and psychological advantages he had over Superman don't hold up to the Superman of today (or yesterday as it were). He considers DD a threat, obviously, but he's not frightened of him or scarred by him.

All my opinion, of course.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 01:10 AM
Starscream M

And Superman later turned around and got over his fear of Doomsday and his "death" at his hands.
true, but that was not hp dd.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 01:13 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Meh, Superman has an extensive history of dealing with beings that should be WELL beyond his 'tier'. It's what he does.

I've said it several times before: when the need arises, Superman > ALL (Final Crisis solidified that much.)

Which is partly what I'm saying.

Barring plot device amps and hyperbole and focusing on actual feats, Superman does tends to shine better on his own than if he's with the JLA or a bunch of Kryptonians, etc. He's not exclusive to this, but it's something cataloged in comics. Call it inverse ninja rule or whatever, but that tends to happen a lot.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 01:13 AM