KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cross Genre Match: Mega Man X vs...Extremis Iron Man

Cross Genre Match: Mega Man X vs...Extremis Iron Man
Started by: Sin I AM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Cross Genre Match: Mega Man X vs...Extremis Iron Man

X gets all equipment, power ups etc.....tony gets his extremis gear

fight in abandoned metropolis........

who wins?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2012 08:48 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Assuming Tony can't hack X, X.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jan 13th, 2012 09:53 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Iron Man via a massively overwhelming speed, strength and fire power discrepancy?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 13th, 2012 09:55 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Iron Man via a massively overwhelming speed, strength and fire power discrepancy?

Agreed.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2012 10:10 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Assuming Tony can't hack X, X.

How?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 13th, 2012 10:13 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Those advantages don't exist.

X given all his equipment, is so much hax. He stops time and shoots a black hole at Tony.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2012 10:23 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I've played the games, and all those advantages do exist.

The Dark Hold doesn't even stop time for any of the weak ass bosses X fights, why am I supposed to believe that it would work on Iron Man? Not that it matters, he gets blitz one shotted with a single repulsor blast before he can even thing about doing anything.

That aside Iron Man could just sit down and tank everything X throws at him.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 13th, 2012 10:36 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/X%27s_weaponry

Just in case people are unfamiliar with X Weapons

All powers are listed from Mega Man X1-8 charged and uncharged.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Jan 13th, 2012 10:43 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

I've played the games, and all those advantages do exist.

The Dark Hold doesn't even stop time for any of the weak ass bosses X fights, why am I supposed to believe that it would work on Iron Man? Not that it matters, he gets blitz one shotted with a single repulsor blast before he can even thing about doing anything.

That aside Iron Man could just sit down and tank everything X throws at him.

That's not how it works. It doesn't work on most of the bosses because they have an immunity to the power. It's a feat for them, (just like telepathic resistance would be for a character that demonstrates it.) Does Iron Man have a showing that demonstrates he could resist a time stop effect like Dark Hold? If not, you can't assume its not going to work.

And, why is exactly is Iron Man going to blitz him? He couldn't blitz Thor could he? He can fly lightspeed+ outside the atmosphere, but inside it he's supersonic. Nothing X's processing speed can't handle. Even the less advanced Megaman has reacted to super sonic opponents.

He's not tanking Megaman at fullpower. Nor is X going down from one repulsor blast. Not when a peer like Zero has walked away from Ground Zero of nuclear warheads. He once absorbed a planet destroying blast as well iirc.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2012 10:59 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Does the Mega Man episode where Mega Man X comes from the future count too?

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Jan 13th, 2012 11:02 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by CosmicComet
That's not how it works. It doesn't work on most of the bosses because they have an immunity to the power. It's a feat for them, (just like telepathic resistance would be for a character that demonstrates it.) Does Iron Man have a showing that demonstrates he could resist a time stop effect like Dark Hold? If not, you can't assume its not going to work.

And, why is exactly is Iron Man going to blitz him? He couldn't blitz Thor could he? He can fly lightspeed+ outside the atmosphere, but inside it he's supersonic. Nothing X's processing speed can't handle. Even the less advanced Megaman has reacted to super sonic opponents.

He's not tanking Megaman at fullpower. Nor is X going down from one repulsor blast. Not when a peer like Zero has walked away from Ground Zero of nuclear warheads. He once absorbed a planet destroying blast as well iirc.

Elektra can mind control dozens of Hand Ninjas at a time and put them under her thrall... can she do the same to Batman? Doubtful, certainly not in a forum fight. Mega Man's time stop power works on fodder, that's it, it will have no effect on Iron Man just like it has no effect on any of his villains. That is how it works. Iron Man isn't fodder.

Thor would blitz X too... just about every comic character imaginable would. I controlled X, his reaction time is the same as mine, and unlike a character like Dante he doesn't have cut scenes of awesome speed to overrule that fact. Iron Man blitzes X with effortless ease. I controlled X to avoid "supersonic" in equal parts by learning each bosses attack order, and them not being remotely supersonic in speed. cool

It's been a long time since I played a Mega Man X game but when did Zero tank a nuke, and when did Mega Man X absorb a "planet destroying blast"? Sounds like hyperbole too me considering some of the stuff that has damaged them. Nothing Mega Man X has in his arsenal would even scuff Iron Man's armor.

Iron Man would solo X, Zero, Sigma and every villain form every Mega Man X game almost effortlessly.

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Jan 13th, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2012 11:21 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Elektra can mind control dozens of Hand Ninjas at a time and put them under her thrall... can she do the same to Batman? Doubtful, certainly not in a forum fight. Mega Man's time stop power works on fodder, that's it, it will have no effect on Iron Man just like it has no effect on any of his villains. That is how it works. Iron Man isn't fodder.

Thor would blitz X too... just about every comic character imaginable would. I controlled X, his reaction time is the same as mine, and unlike a character like Dante he doesn't have cut scenes of awesome speed to overrule that fact. Iron Man blitzes X with effortless ease. I controlled X to avoid "supersonic" in equal parts by learning each bosses attack order, and them not being remotely supersonic in speed. cool

It's been a long time since I played a Mega Man X game but when did Zero tank a nuke, and when did Mega Man X absorb a "planet destroying blast"? Sounds like hyperbole too me considering some of the stuff that has damaged them. Nothing Mega Man X has in his arsenal would even scuff Iron Man's armor.

Iron Man would solo X, Zero, Sigma and every villain form every Mega Man X game almost effortlessly.

Mega Man X can; manipulate time and gravity; summon lightning and tornadoes; create black holes, effective shields and dupes; turn invisible/intangible, and his plasma energy is as effective as IMs unibeam. He can project extreme heat, cold, and lightning. and his ballistics have heat seeking ability good enough to strike speedsters and teleporters.

he is more than capable to give tony a run for his money

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 05:32 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

i think X has more firepower, but tony's more durable. x is more skilled though, so x prob wins.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 06:12 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Srank trying to use dem gaming mechanics.

smh.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 06:35 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

m m x

hey sin

thank u bz

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 07:24 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Srank trying to use dem gaming mechanics.

smh.

All the powers being cited are game play powers, none of them show up in any of the anime or cgi cut-scenes. I'm just acknowledging what Mega Man X actually did with those powers... instead of reading the name and saying "Wow that sounds powerful! Look out Iron Man!"

X is no match for Iron Man.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 07:48 PM
Starscream M

All the powers being cited are game play powers, none of them show up in any of the anime or cgi cut-scenes. I'm just acknowledging what Mega Man X actually did with those powers... instead of reading the name and saying "Wow that sounds powerful! Look out Iron Man!"

X is no match for Iron Man.
Mega Man X's weapons are more powerful than Tonys

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 11:36 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kotaku
Restricted

Account Restricted

Iron Man would solo X, Zero, Sigma and every villain form every Mega Man X game almost effortlessly. [/B]
while i agree that iron man could beat x you really know nothing about the mega man series if you believe this nonsense. sirius is a planet buster.

Last edited by kotaku on Jan 15th, 2012 at 02:18 AM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2012 02:14 AM
kotaku is currently offline Click here to Send kotaku a Private Message Find more posts by kotaku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Originally posted by Blair Wind
How?

Given stips X has more firepower.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jan 15th, 2012 02:33 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

While I'm not aware of them appearing in any comic together, they have squared off from time to time in the marvel vs capcom series. In them iron man has a higher damage output and better defensive stats and is overall the superior character. Also iron man's proton cannon ultra inflicts far more hit points than Mega man's super cannon ultra. Iron man should win this.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2012 05:43 AM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote