KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Ultraman vs General Zod

Ultraman vs General Zod
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ultraman vs General Zod

The man who beat Superman, vs the man who normally kicks his ass.

Who wins?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 09:14 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
The man who beat Superman, vs the man who normally kicks his ass.

Who wins?

lolwut?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 09:39 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by abhilegend
lolwut?

It's true. The entire JLA lost to the Syndicate, and Superman was soundly beaten by Ultraman, ironically penned by Busiek in JLA 111, who had the exact opposite happen in Trinity...

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 09:54 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

It's true. The entire JLA lost to the Syndicate, and Superman was soundly beaten by Ultraman, ironically penned by Busiek in JLA 111, who had the exact opposite happen in Trinity...

That was because ultraman had injected himself with a large number of nanobots who released a large amount of anti-kryptonite in his blood. It's basically like sundipped superman beating someone.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 10:07 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by abhilegend
That was because ultraman had injected himself with a large number of nanobots who released a large amount of anti-kryptonite in his blood. It's basically like sundipped superman beating someone.

Without constant exposure to anti Kryptonite, his powers fade fast. This was established by Morrison. The anti kryptonite capsuls under his skin were simply to keep him powered.

But there's no evidence he overpowers from constant exposure, like Superman does when he absorbs excess solar energy (And indeed, on his home Earth he's constantly being bombarded by the anti K from their satellite.)

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 10:12 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Without constant exposure to anti Kryptonite, his powers fade fast. This was established by Morrison. The anti kryptonite capsuls under his skin were simply to keep him powered.

But there's no evidence he overpowers from constant exposure, like Superman does when he absorbs excess solar energy (And indeed, on his home Earth he's constantly being bombarded by the anti K from their satellite.)

I've to re-read JLA earth-2. But if it's true then its like captain nazi choking out black adam because ultraman isn't that powerful (losing to kara in 3 punches).

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 10:28 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't remember that.. Was it during Trinity?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 10:34 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

If this is the "Kal El" cult leader Kara knocked out, I "think" that's a different Ultraman than Crime Syndicate Ultraman.

At least, the Ultraman Wiki makes it sound like he's the original Pre Crisis Ultraman...

quote:
In One Year Later there are hints that a man controlling Kandor, under the name Kal-El, could be Ultraman. He has been using the help of a group of followers called the "Praisesingers" and the guidance of the "Holy Mother". Supergirl and Power Girl fight his efforts, causing his cult-like following to falter. This leader also slays several of his own people to keep political information quiet. It has now been revealed that this Kal-El is indeed Ultraman, who was saved from the Crisis and brainwashed by Saturn Queen, his "mother", one of the masterminds behind the "Absolute Power" arc in Superman/Batman.

So, positive matter Earth 3 Ultraman, and not the anti matter Crime Syndicate Ultraman.

Last edited by cdtm on Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 10:41 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

If this is the "Kal El" cult leader Kara knocked out, I "think" that's a different Ultraman than Crime Syndicate Ultraman.

At least, the Ultraman Wiki makes it sound like he's the original Pre Crisis Ultraman...

So, positive matter Earth 3 Ultraman, and not the anti matter Crime Syndicate Ultraman.

Wikis are not a reliable source of information. It could've been recently concluded Infinite crisis, for all I know. He has other low showings too like AOS 603-606 when kal handled him pretty easily, dark kara beating him recently in JLA etc.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 10:54 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Ultraman.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 03:41 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Ultraman has lifted infinity. Zod has not. Ultraman wins.

/thread

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 03:57 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Galan007
Ultraman has lifted infinity. Zod has not. Ultraman wins.

/thread

You ended a lot of threads by that stance.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 04:03 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I have? Nice.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 04:05 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I have? Nice.

Now I can own anybody in a superman thread by "half of infinity" punch. BOOYAH....

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 04:11 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yes, spread word of this tactic. People will come to fear it!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 04:41 PM
Badabing
Karen

(please log in to view the image)

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 05:08 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ultraman has lifted infinity.

Different ultraman. big grin

The anti matter Ultraman in Superman Beyond 3d is actually a different character than the anti matter Ultraman from Morrisons Earth 2 story.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 07:49 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

^How do you know?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 07:52 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Different ultraman. big grin

The anti matter Ultraman in Superman Beyond 3d is actually a different character than the anti matter Ultraman from Morrisons Earth 2 story.
Where/when was this stated?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 08:03 PM
Sirius77

Which Zod is this?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 08:54 PM
Sirius77 is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius77 a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote